Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
Licensed
OP
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Vancouver, WA

I Ride: Triumph
GoPro help... Not recording, photo icon flashes
Obviously this is not a bike question but I am hoping since there are a plethora of folks that use a GoPro someone might be able to help:

When I turn on my GoPro it defaults to the flashing still icon, which I understand is the intermittent photo mode, but will not shoot any pictures. It also will not change modes. I have tried using disk utility on a Mac to do a 'soft' format but so far no luck, and at this point I am using the SDcard utility from the SD website to attempt a more thorough repair. Supposedly this helps with 99% of card issues if it is a corrupt card.

I'll try another card when this utility is through but in the meantime has anyone had a similar issue that might have a solution or is an HDHero2 in my future..

Thanks in advance to you GoPro experts!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 08-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
Railer
Mrmat25's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
From: Vancouver, Washington
Blog Entries: 1

I Ride: because it makes me happy.
When I sit on my phone in the movie theater apparently it dials you. Any thoughts?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
Licensed
OP
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Vancouver, WA

I Ride: Triumph
Tell your ass to stop calling me....it's disturbing dude.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
Railer
Mrmat25's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
From: Vancouver, Washington
Blog Entries: 1

I Ride: because it makes me happy.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintnFJ View Post
Tell your ass to stop calling me....it's disturbing dude.
I tried texting but your stupid phone sends me multi-medi something or another and my texts bounce back to me as undeliverable.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
Licensed
OP
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Vancouver, WA

I Ride: Triumph
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmat25 View Post
I tried texting but your stupid phone sends me multi-medi something or another and my texts bounce back to me as undeliverable.
Say whaaaat? I blame you. Srsly though that's weird.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
Streetfighter
reppinthe509's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
From: Spokane, WA

I Ride: laundry baskets down staircases.
http://bit.ly/QRoqDU



that might fix it

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
Licensed
OP
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Vancouver, WA

I Ride: Triumph
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by reppinthe509 View Post
http://bit.ly/QRoqDU



that might fix it

I tried doing a google search too but nothing came up that matched what I was experiencing unfortunately. Thanks!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #8
Streetfighter
reppinthe509's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
From: Spokane, WA

I Ride: laundry baskets down staircases.
did that fix it? I've had mine get stuck in record mode and records when you turn it on. its a setting in there you have to change.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-20-2012, 05:48 AM   #9
Licensed
OP
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Vancouver, WA

I Ride: Triumph
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by reppinthe509 View Post
did that fix it? I've had mine get stuck in record mode and records when you turn it on. its a setting in there you have to change.
Yep what you are describing is actually an option you can set in the menu


What I have going on is that it's stuck in a mode and it won't record even in that mode.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #10
Permit
Supersport_F's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
From: Southwest WA

I Ride: '82 Honda CB900F, '81 Yamaha XJ750R Seca, 1985 Honda VF1000R, 1980 Yamaha XS850 Special
You're probably in one button mode. To get out of this mode, power the camera on and then press and hold the shutter button for several seconds. When you release it, you will see SEt on the display. Press the shutter button again and you'll enter the settings menu and see onO (one button mode on). Press the shutter button again, and it will change to onF (one button mode off). Then just press the power/mode button to cycle through the setting menu options until you see ESC (escape), press the shutter button to select ESC, and your camera will be back to the standard (non one button) mode that you're looking for.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #11
Licensed
OP
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Vancouver, WA

I Ride: Triumph
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersport_F View Post
You're probably in one button mode. To get out of this mode, power the camera on and then press and hold the shutter button for several seconds. When you release it, you will see SEt on the display. Press the shutter button again and you'll enter the settings menu and see onO (one button mode on). Press the shutter button again, and it will change to onF (one button mode off). Then just press the power/mode button to cycle through the setting menu options until you see ESC (escape), press the shutter button to select ESC, and your camera will be back to the standard (non one button) mode that you're looking for.
We have a winner! I probably fumbled into that by mistake, although I am still confused as to why it never seemed to record even in that mode, it seems to work now! Thanks!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #12
Streetfighter
reppinthe509's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
From: Spokane, WA

I Ride: laundry baskets down staircases.
if you had followed the link i posted that is what it said to fix it. and what i said was wrong.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #13
Licensed
OP
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Vancouver, WA

I Ride: Triumph
the link I followed did'nt work but thanks for trying to help!

I also did that SD card reformat using the utility of their website as well so it might have helped as well.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > PNW Riders > Mechanical & Technical


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed