Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #381
Chicken Strips
 
Joined: Mar 2010
From: WA

I Ride: Black Ribbons of Freedom!
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbs5150 View Post
I prefer to not hang out at bars on nice days, but to ride instead. If i'm somewhere long enough I have to sober up, my bike is still at my house.
That's fine. Enjoy.

But again, I never suggested any ride 'from bar to bar'. Never.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 09-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #382
Licensed
miracle bubbles's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
From: Seattle, WA

I Ride: 09 DRZ 400 SM
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Frag Monger View Post
1. See post above.

2. Learn to read.
Damn. You caught me not reading again! Melbs also! I'm sorry Frag. I know I haven't said this yet, but I love you and because of these ten epic pages I am now going to change my "Speed Racer" wave to a "thumbs up" every time I see a cruiser.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #383
Novice Racer
Melbs5150's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
From: Portland, OR

I Ride: 08 GSXR 600, 02 GSXR 750, 08 250 Racebike, 02 E46
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Frag Monger View Post
Nope. You just don't know how to read.

I only called the sportbike riders who spend all their time bashing other types of bikes/riders 'tards' - and because of their attitude, not their ride.

Get it? Or is your IQ too low?
I know how to read, and comprehend what I read, quite well.

What you don't know how to do is convey what you say in a manner that makes sense. As you can see, I am not the only one who saw the hypocricy of your post.

It must be because I ride a sportbike, therefore making me a tard, right??

So, please tell me again how you let people ride their own ride while not bashing them and calling them "tards." You group all sportbike riders into the same category with your statement. If you meant something else, might I suggest the edit button located at the bottom of your stupid fucking post.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #384
Licensed
Bandit66's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Medford

I Ride: Voyager XII, Bandit 1250S, KLX250S
Wow, ten pages in two days. Do off road riders way to each other? Maybe some riders are like me, been waving since before the "sport" took off, back when seeing another motorcyclist was few and far between. Now we a more common to each other, some days I wave, some I don't. To me an on coming rider is a hazard in the same sense as a cager, I'm not going to fixate on seeing what make and model bike they are on. Now a days other sport tourers don't wave to me whether or not I wave to them and I'm OK with that, they've probably paid their waving dues too.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #385
Novice Racer
Melbs5150's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
From: Portland, OR

I Ride: 08 GSXR 600, 02 GSXR 750, 08 250 Racebike, 02 E46
Actually, I know why you're not making any sense, you're at the bar right now.

Yes, it all makes sense now.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #386
Novice Racer
Melbs5150's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
From: Portland, OR

I Ride: 08 GSXR 600, 02 GSXR 750, 08 250 Racebike, 02 E46
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit66 View Post
Wow, ten pages in two days. Do off road riders way to each other? Maybe some riders are like me, been waving since before the "sport" took off, back when seeing another motorcyclist was few and far between. Now we a more common to each other, some days I wave, some I don't. To me an on coming rider is a hazard in the same sense as a cager, I'm not going to fixate on seeing what make and model bike they are on. Now a days other sport tourers don't wave to me whether or not I wave to them and I'm OK with that, they've probably paid their waving dues too.
That makes the most sense I have read on here in quite a while.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2010, 09:30 AM   #387
Chicken Strips
 
Joined: Mar 2010
From: WA

I Ride: Black Ribbons of Freedom!
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbs5150 View Post
I know how to read, and comprehend what I read, quite well.

What you don't know how to do is convey what you say in a manner that makes sense. As you can see, I am not the only one who saw the hypocricy of your post.

It must be because I ride a sportbike, therefore making me a tard, right??

So, please tell me again how you let people ride their own ride while not bashing them and calling them "tards." You group all sportbike riders into the same category with your statement. If you meant something else, might I suggest the edit button located at the bottom of your stupid fucking post.
Again. ENGLISH. Learn it. Here's what I said - a direct quote:

"It's about tard sport bike riders, like you, who feel an intense NEED to bash on HD's and other cruisers."

I made it quite clear that it was only the haters I was calling 'tard'. Don't get pissed at me if your reading comprehension is stuck at a 2nd grade level.

I have never grouped all sportbike riders into one category. If you actually read through this tread I say, in so many words, that I never judge any rider by his bike/apparel, etc. IF I judge at all - it's based on the individual.

Nice try there. But.... FAIL!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #388
Moderator
dragracer1951's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
From: Bremerton

I Ride: 05 KTM 625smc, 03 Are See fiddy one, 05 DRZ470SM, 95 FZR1040, 69 Combat Commando Roadster, 73 Commando Interstate, 67 BSA B44, 71 BSA B50
Hater...

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #389
Streetfighter
El_Diablo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
From: Mill Creek

I Ride: 07 Aprilia Tuono
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Frag Monger View Post
Again. ENGLISH. Learn it. Here's what I said - a direct quote:

"It's about tard sport bike riders, like you, who feel an intense NEED to bash on HD's and other cruisers."

I made it quite clear that it was only the haters I was calling 'tard'. Don't get pissed at me if your reading comprehension is stuck at a 2nd grade level.

I have never grouped all sportbike riders into one category. If you actually read through this tread I say, in so many words, that I never judge any rider by his bike/apparel, etc. IF I judge at all - it's based on the individual.

Nice try there. But.... FAIL!
Nobody here hates HD. We just enjoy fucking with you. Thanks for the cheap immature entertainment.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #390
Retired
Desvio's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
From: SE Portland / Bucerias, Nayarit Mx

I Ride: 03' CBR1100XX, 84 GL1200A
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Frag Monger View Post
That's fine. Enjoy.

But again, I never suggested any ride 'from bar to bar'. Never.
Of course, you think it's better to sit at one bar and tank up. Then sit there till you think you've sobered up, and ride home or wherever.

And you spout off with name calling, meanwhile Darwin laughing his ass off at people like you.

Try reading some of the last few posts you have made, and you're what, 41yo????

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #391
Novice Racer
Pointman's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
From: Puget Sound

I Ride: H-D
Someone needs to get in contact with their State Rep and have a wave RCW written ASAP!

Motorcycle Talk

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2010, 10:01 AM   #392
Chicken Strips
 
Joined: Mar 2010
From: WA

I Ride: Black Ribbons of Freedom!
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Desvio View Post
you think it's better to sit at one bar and tank up. Then sit there till you think you've sobered up, and ride home or wherever.
Wow. Someone else who can't read. It's called English, people - maybe you need a refresher course?

I specifically said one or two beers. I don't know anyone who can get "tanked" on just two beers.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #393
emw2k9 beer pong champions
gixxerjeff's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: bothell

I Ride: 06 gixxer 1000
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusgus View Post
One last point;

There are many HD guys on here that I respect and like a lot.

They are the HD riders and owners who know this is a forum and is not the end all of facts. However when a tick surfaces it is sure fun to let them run and help them along, like Frag.

I have owned 2 HD's and liked them well enough. I sold them because of the prevailing attitude in the ranks which all of you have read in my words.

However just like a healing wound, every time it is poked at it bothers me, so I shall always respond with my opinion. Yes it does stink, however you can't take it away from me. You can only change my mind, but Frag has confirmed my opinion is mostly correct.
Some insecure little men buy HD's as Penis extenders.

nice try gus gus but you are still a DOUCHE

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #394
Novice Racer
Melbs5150's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
From: Portland, OR

I Ride: 08 GSXR 600, 02 GSXR 750, 08 250 Racebike, 02 E46
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointman View Post
Someone needs to get in contact with their State Rep and have a wave RCW written ASAP!

Motorcycle Talk
That is the straightest road I have ever seen. That must be in Montana, or Wyoming.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #395
emw2k9 beer pong champions
gixxerjeff's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: bothell

I Ride: 06 gixxer 1000
i just want to say how awesome it is this thread has stayed on topic through 10 pages...




Motorcycle Talk

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #396
Streetfighter
El_Diablo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
From: Mill Creek

I Ride: 07 Aprilia Tuono
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Frag Monger View Post
I don't know anyone who can get "tanked" on just two beers.
What about this guy?

Motorcycle Talk

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #397
Race Qualifier
evander's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
From: N side Spokane

I Ride: a Yamaha slayer real slow.
I used to ride a hog





then I got a divorce.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2010, 11:08 AM   #398
Permit
 
Joined: Jun 2010
From: Redmond, WA

I Ride: XL1200R, I know, your sportbike is faster, I don't care.
Top Ten Reasons Why Riders Don't Wave Back
Can't believe this thread got to 10 pages without anyone posting this.

Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back

10. Afraid it will invalidate warranty.
9. Leather and studs make it too heavy to raise his arm.
8. Refuses to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.
7. Afraid to let go of handlebars because they might vibrate off.
6. Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.
5. Angry because he just took out a second mortgage to pay the luxury tax on his new Harley.
4. Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by Honda.
3. Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.
2. The last time he waved back, he impaled his hand on his spiked helmet.
1. Too tired from spending hours polishing all that chrome to lift their arms.


Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders Don't Wave Back

10. Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene gesture.
9. Afraid he might get frostbite if his hand is removed from the heated grip.
8. Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise his arm.
7. Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.
6. The espresso machine just finished.
5. Was actually asleep when other rider waved.
4. Was in a three-way conference call with stockbroker and accessories dealer.
3. Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.
2. Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system.
1. Couldn't find the "auto wave back" button on dashboard.


Top 10 Reasons Sportbikers Don't Wave:

10. They have not been riding long enough to know they're supposed to.
9. They're going too fast to have time enough to register the movement and respond.
8. You weren't wearing bright enough gear.
7. If they stick their arm out going that fast they'll rip it out of the socket.
6. They're too occupied with trying to get rid of their chicken strips.
5. They look way too cool with both hands on the bars or they don't want to unbalance themselves while standing on the tank.
4. Their skin tight-kevlar-ballistic-nylon-kangaroo-leather suits prevent any position other than fetal.
3. Raising an arm allows bugs into the armholes of their tank tops.
2. It's too hard to do one-handed stoppies.
1. They were too busy slipping their flip-flop back on.


Top Ten Reasons Why BMW Riders Don't Wave Back

10. New Aerostich suit too stiff to raise arm.
9. Removing a hand from the bars is considered "bad form."
8. Your bike isn't weird enough looking to justify acknowledgment.
7. Too sore from an 800-mile day on a stock "comfort" seat.
6. Too busy programming the GPS, monitoring radar, listening to iPod, XM, or talking on the cell phone.
5. He's an Iron Butt rider and you're not!
4. Wires from Gerbings is too short.
3. You're not riding the "right kind" of BMW.
2. You haven't been properly introduced.
1. Afraid it will be misinterpreted as a friendly gesture.


Top Ten reasons Metric Cruiser Riders don't wave back

10. New leather jacket was purchased in the same size as his suit jacket.
9. Doesn't know that the bike won't fly off the road if his left hand is removed from the grip.
8. Was looking at the handle bars wondering what accessory could mount where.
7. Was wildly grasping at some valve under seat. (3.7 gals BAH!)
6. Rider was actually pulling up black socks and pulling down on jeans trying to close a few air gaps.
5. Rider was too caught up in reciting his mantra: 'Left hand clutch' 'Right hand Gas AND Front brake' 'Left foot Gears' 'Right foot Rear brake' 'And for Gods sake Both feet down at light'.
4. Waved after you went by. You just thought they didn't wave.
3. Was searching GPS to find local Bike wash.
2. Rider wasn't really waving, was doing wind airfoil test with hand and arm.
1. Rider was involved in trying to get new throttle stop to STOP.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Zenmervolt; 09-01-2010 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: Grammar and formatting. I know, I'm a dork.
 
Old 09-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #399
Chicken Strips
 
Joined: Mar 2010
From: WA

I Ride: Black Ribbons of Freedom!
^ Rep! lol

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #400
Knee Dragger
firedad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
From: The shallow end of the gene pool

I Ride: Faster than I should
Ok...first off, thank you so much for giving me something to do today while i'm bored. This is an EPIC thread.

Secondly, ride your own damn ride. People buy a bike to fulfill a need they have. For some, it's a need to spend 30k on a bike full of outdated technology and branded leathers w/ tassels and another 100lbs of super duper cool shiney chrome. For others, they like the experience of the speed, cutting edge technology, and carving corners.

I bought what I bought because it was a good decision for ME. I could give half a f#ck what anyone else thinks about my ride. It's comfy and performs well.

The point that so many have tried to make (granted, it's degenerated at times into virtual mud throwing) is the HD riders have a TENDENCY to have some kind of superiority complex to other brands. I have never understood this, but I would hazard a guess it has something to do with an ego stroke for those who feel this way as well as making them feel better for buying a lesser bike for 3 times the price.

As far as the wave is concerned, it's an acknowlegement of another rider. Not a whole lot different in my eyes than a "hey, how ya doin". Wave, or don't, it doesnt really matter to me. I get waves from lots, and don't get them from some, however... the majority of the "non wavers" are those on HD's who seem to have the aforementioned complex. Dont really care if it's "all HD riders" or not, just my experience.

Frag, dont forget when the HD/cruisers get bashed, there's also bashing back at the "power ranger" gear and the "jap bikes/rice burners". This is a predominantly "sport bike" populated board. So those are the viewpoints you're going to recieve. If you're going to get all heated/disgruntled, perhaps a break is in order. Remember, this is a forum on the INTERNET. I will give you credit where it is due, you began posting in a calm manner and making good points... however, you did a full on backflip cannon ball into the mud a bit farther in.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Closed Thread

  PNW Riders > PNW Riders > Motorcycle Talk


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed