mrmat25

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
Moderator
RedKat600's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: May 2011
From: LaCenter, WA

I Ride: 2003 Copper SV1K
Yalbt.....
Just for grins and giggles, here's another liter bike thread in case you haven't been able to post enough in the other ones. (Yet Another Liter Bike Thread)

Spent a lot of time looking at CBR600's, a ZX-9, ZX-6, and other goodies but they sold in a day. Saw this SV1K but thought no way this guy would still have it when I had the the money. Don't know how, or why, don't really care. All I know is this Copper beauty is mine with only 13K miles on the clock.

Yes, it's fightered right now. No, it won't be for long. Came with a complete set of fairings in brand new condition, but I won't be using the side fairings. Only the bikini nose and chin fairing. Yosh Tri-Ovals shortened, heated grips, double bubble windscreen, SportMax Q2's....and enough power to keep me happy for a long time. I will post pics of the rest of the goodies it came with tonight.



This is for the haters:

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 05-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
Retired
mfrankpdx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Maryland

I Ride: on and off road
Very nice but keep it naked!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
Moderator
RedKat600's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: May 2011
From: LaCenter, WA

I Ride: 2003 Copper SV1K
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrankpdx View Post
Very nice but keep it naked!
Only plan on adding the bikini fairing to the front. Gonna copy RevrndMark....hope he doesn't mind!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
Licensed
kd7svh's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Dayton, OR

I Ride: '99 Triumph Daytona 955i
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrankpdx View Post
Very nice but keep it naked!
Nekked SV's are hot. Grats on the new ride man.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
Streetfighter
Lone Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
From: Pennisula backroads
Blog Entries: 2

I Ride: a cruzzer
Sweet! Hmmm, I like the full fairings....,Old Guy outa touch. Love them in Copper.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
Moderator
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
From: Muk, WA
Blog Entries: 4

I Ride: fast, except on the road.
Liter bike torque but they only have the HP of a 600. That said, great bikes, congrats!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #7
Licensed
Karburized's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
From: Santa Cruz

I Ride: '98 Super Chicken
Nice, it looks like someone else has done all the silly power mods for you. This will give an opportunity to focus on suspension work, as the OEM sv1k units are rubbish.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
Moderator
RedKat600's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: May 2011
From: LaCenter, WA

I Ride: 2003 Copper SV1K
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Karburized View Post
Nice, it looks like someone else has done all the silly power mods for you. This will give an opportunity to focus on suspension work, as the OEM sv1k units are rubbish.
Yup! Although it does need a PowerCommander. Someone chopped the snorkel on the airbox which I need to correct as I ride in the rain. Has a K&N filter with cans, so it's probably a bit lean. PAIR system removed, no popping on decel.

First priority is getting the front back to stock. Then I'll work on suspension stuff. Those dirtbike bars suck!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #9
DGA
Moderator
DGA's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Portland, Oregon

I Ride: naked
Love the naked SV1000's! Never ridden one, but rode plenty of SV1000S' Very comfortable bike. It really needs suspension work though.

If you want to try a flat bar - they are somewhere in between SV's clip on and the dirt bar - I have one that you can have, since it does not work on my Triple. I loved that riding position, not too aggressive and not too sedated.

-1/+2 really wakes up that bike and makes it a wheelie monster.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #10
Moderator
RedKat600's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: May 2011
From: LaCenter, WA

I Ride: 2003 Copper SV1K
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by DGA View Post
Love the naked SV1000's! Never ridden one, but rode plenty of SV1000S' Very comfortable bike. It really needs suspension work though.

If you want to try a flat bar - they are somewhere in between SV's clip on and the dirt bar - I have one that you can have, since it does not work on my Triple. I loved that riding position, not too aggressive and not too sedated.

-1/+2 really wakes up that bike and makes it a wheelie monster.
Flat bar? Kinda like drag bars?

BTW, this is an S. I have complete full fairings for it but was thinking about putting the nose fairing back on. However, this fight look is kind of growing on me.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #11
DGA
Moderator
DGA's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Portland, Oregon

I Ride: naked
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKat600 View Post
Flat bar? Kinda like drag bars?

BTW, this is an S. I have complete full fairings for it but was thinking about putting the nose fairing back on. However, this fight look is kind of growing on me.
Exactly, just a 7/8 bar with couple of bends in it.

Yeah, I know. They only made the naked for one year...2003, if I'm not mistaken.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #12
Moderator
RedKat600's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: May 2011
From: LaCenter, WA

I Ride: 2003 Copper SV1K
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by DGA View Post
Exactly, just a 7/8 bar with couple of bends in it.

Yeah, I know. They only made the naked for one year...2003, if I'm not mistaken.
If I could try that bar, that would be awesome. If I don't end up liking it, you want it back or just pass it on?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #13
Permit
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Rochester

I Ride: '05 Bandit 1200, '84 VF1100S, '87 XR600
Congratulations on the new ride! That's a step up from your Kat alright. Have fun getting to know it, and stay safe.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #14
DGA
Moderator
DGA's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Portland, Oregon

I Ride: naked
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKat600 View Post
If I could try that bar, that would be awesome. If I don't end up liking it, you want it back or just pass it on?
Sure. If you don't like it just give it back.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #15
Moderator
RedKat600's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: May 2011
From: LaCenter, WA

I Ride: 2003 Copper SV1K
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
Congratulations on the new ride! That's a step up from your Kat alright. Have fun getting to know it, and stay safe.
I have great respect for the right hand. Pete was right, gobs of torque, not much top end. But the sound is to DIE FOR!!! I understand now that an I4 moves the body, and V-Twin moves the soul.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #16
DGA
Moderator
DGA's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Portland, Oregon

I Ride: naked
Here is a crappy shot of what it looks like...


__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #17
Moderator
RedKat600's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: May 2011
From: LaCenter, WA

I Ride: 2003 Copper SV1K
I assume you had tank clearance issues on the Triumph and that's why you couldn't use it?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #18
DGA
Moderator
DGA's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Portland, Oregon

I Ride: naked
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKat600 View Post
I assume you had tank clearance issues on the Triumph and that's why you couldn't use it?
Almost...it was tight with the tank, but mainly I could not rotate my levers far enough down to where I'd like them to be. If it was an inch longer on each side everything would have fit and I'd be rolling with it now.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #19
Moderator
RedKat600's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: May 2011
From: LaCenter, WA

I Ride: 2003 Copper SV1K
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by DGA View Post
Almost...it was tight with the tank, but mainly I could not rotate my levers far enough down to where I'd like them to be. If it was an inch longer on each side everything would have fit and I'd be rolling with it now.
Want the bars that are on the SV now? I believe they are Ricky Carmichael bend.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #20
DGA
Moderator
DGA's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Portland, Oregon

I Ride: naked
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKat600 View Post
Want the bars that are on the SV now? I believe they are Ricky Carmichael bend.
Maybe, thanks...I have a Renthal Streetfigher bar on it now, with a Renthal CR250 bar in the wings.

I'll be home all day Sunday replacing my trucks front end bits, if you want to stop by.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > PNW Riders > Motorcycle Talk

Tags
1sukcopss, copsuk1 is sooo awesome


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed