Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #21
Pit Crew
MadCADder's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
From: Kennewick, WA

I Ride: Copper 03' SV650S
More of the same...
My brother just came up to the TRI from Denver in a Titan crewcab.
Hauled all his stuff and an 09 Ninja 650 r in the bed. ( Diagonal of course.)
No Problems. Strap it down tight and you're good to go!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 07-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #22
Pit Crew
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Federal LA

I Ride: Specialized Roubaix
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by sunofnun View Post
Slight thread jack:

Any of you guys have any problems or concerns with your titans?

I'm looking for an 04-06 crew cab short bed.. Have read a bit about some issues with 04-05's on a few of the nissan forums.


Tips, tricks, insights? Things to look for on an older truck?
Get one with a new rear dif. If it hasn't been replaced already chances are it will need it shortly. They also had some issues with leaky exhaust manifolds/gaskets. Other than that they are great trucks. I love mine and it tows like a champ, never over heats, and will do an easy 80 towing my 20' trailer. Gas mileage sucks but what can ya do.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #23
Shredder
bwboley's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
From: Ne Portland/Vancouver

I Ride: 2005 ninja 636 2006 drz400sm
A friend of mine has one said it gets the worse mpg of any full size truck hes had [94 ford/00 dodge/01 chevy]
But i get 24 mpg with the diesel

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #24
Endorsed
sbeedy01's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
From: Puyallup, WA

I Ride: 2003 CBR 600RR, 2009 ZX6R
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by misterwaterfallin View Post
Get one with a new rear dif. If it hasn't been replaced already chances are it will need it shortly. They also had some issues with leaky exhaust manifolds/gaskets. Other than that they are great trucks. I love mine and it tows like a champ, never over heats, and will do an easy 80 towing my 20' trailer. Gas mileage sucks but what can ya do.
That is very true I get an average of 14.5 mpg each time I fill up

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #25
Mr. PNW Riders 2007
erickb's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
From: classified
Blog Entries: 2

I Ride: I don't anymore but can still out ride you!
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by sunofnun View Post
Slight thread jack:

Any of you guys have any problems or concerns with your titans?

I'm looking for an 04-06 crew cab short bed.. Have read a bit about some issues with 04-05's on a few of the nissan forums.


Tips, tricks, insights? Things to look for on an older truck?
I am on my second Titan, I traded my 07 crew cab in for my 10 crew cab long bed. Some of the early Titans had some issues, I only had 1 issue with my 07 and that was my entire fule managment system went down no worries Nissan fixed it fast

I am kind of a Nissan freak though, started with my Fronteir, then moved to my Xtera (love that thing!) then my two Titans and my wife drives an 09 Pathfinder.

Yea MPG suck but if you drive a full size V8 truck does it really matter? Come on down to Puyallup and you can drive mine around, just bring one of them there motards with ya

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #26
Retired
sunofnun's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
From: s. greenlake bitch

I Ride: KTM 625 smc | TL1000S/R | wr450 | CB350 | xr100 | CRF50/88 | TTR50 | razz50 | your mom
erik I might take you up on that!!


I'm not too worried about gas milage..

FYI I consider 17mpg really good.. lol



I'm currently driving this big sexy red beast.
It will likely be up for sale in the next couple months..


__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #27
Novice Racer
Debi's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
From: Renton, WA

I Ride: 05 KTM450SMR, 04 YZF250 and one bad ass Truck hehe
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by courier11sec View Post
A pre-runner s10 is not a big kid truck, Debi.
I'm sorry I had to be the one to tell you.
We were all sort of hoping you'd realize it on your own.
Ahhhhhh duuuuuuh... that is not a S10 silly boy

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #28
Streetfighter
odin544's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Kennewick, Washington

I Ride: '08 Ducati 848 , '08 R6
Funny to me how many people think their bike will somehow fall out of their rigs if the tailgate isn't up.

But its just as funny to read threads about how to strap a bike down and see people post that they use 4 or 5 tie downs.

I strap all my bikes down the same way. 2 tie downs to the front of the bed, tailgate down. NEVER had a single issue.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #29
Moto2 Contender
courier11sec's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
From: where they don't have lawns.

I Ride: on the storm.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi View Post
Ahhhhhh duuuuuuh... that is not a S10 silly boy
My mistake.
I think it was the completely unusable bed that threw me off.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #30
Moderator
RedKat600's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
From: LaCenter, WA

I Ride: 2003 Copper SV1K
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by odin544 View Post
Funny to me how many people think their bike will somehow fall out of their rigs if the tailgate isn't up.

But its just as funny to read threads about how to strap a bike down and see people post that they use 4 or 5 tie downs.

I strap all my bikes down the same way. 2 tie downs to the front of the bed, tailgate down. NEVER had a single issue.
It's not that it will fall out, it's the fact that you can't put other stuff back there with it. That's always been my issue and why I got the bed extender/ramp combo.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #31
Novice Racer
Debi's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
From: Renton, WA

I Ride: 05 KTM450SMR, 04 YZF250 and one bad ass Truck hehe
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by courier11sec View Post
My mistake.
I think it was the completely unusable bed that threw me off.
Ahhhhhh what ?????


__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #32
Moto2 Contender
courier11sec's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
From: where they don't have lawns.

I Ride: on the storm.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi View Post
Ahhhhhh what ?????

Lol.
I stand corrected.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #33
Peg Dragger
Michael of Burien's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
From: Burien, WA

I Ride: 2002 VFR800, 2001 ZRX1200R (Project), 1998 DR650SE (SOLD), 1990 VFR750F (SOLD), 2003 CBR 600 F4i (SOLD)
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi View Post
Get a tailgate extender

I have this for a 2006 Frontier. It's great for so many things. Keeping bikes in the bed of he truck ain't one of them. Utilitrac system on the other hand is indispensable in transporting motorcycles of any shape or size. As long as the back tire is still on the tailgate. OP, the Titan is a good full sized truck get the Utilitrac system for the bed. Best $475 you would ever roll into your financing.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #34
(Oregon) City
CopperSV1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
From: Keizer,Ore

I Ride: 12 Wee-strom Adventure
I have a 10 Crewcab w/ shortbed. Bike fits straight with gate down or diagonal with gate up. Had to turn the tie down upside down on the corner where the front tire goes. Just strap her down correctly and you should be fine.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #35
Pit Crew
ChriS13's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Mar 2010
From: Afghanistan

I Ride: Nothing
Wow haven't checked this thread since I posted, thanks for all the advice guys! I bought the truck, and it does have the utilitrack system in the bed.

Is this the ramp/bed extender that someone was talking about?

http://www.discountramps.com/ready-r...d-extender.htm

Any tips on strapping the bike down? I was going to buy this strap kit also.

http://www.discountramps.com/motorcy...own_straps.htm

Thanks again!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #36
Peg Dragger
nancejd's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Snohomish, WA

I Ride: 2007 ZX10R, 1981 CB750, 1977 TS250
I have the ready ramp for my Chevy. I love it. I just keep it in my truck all the time.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #37
Moderator
RedKat600's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
From: LaCenter, WA

I Ride: 2003 Copper SV1K
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by ChriS13 View Post
Wow haven't checked this thread since I posted, thanks for all the advice guys! I bought the truck, and it does have the utilitrack system in the bed.

Is this the ramp/bed extender that someone was talking about?

http://www.discountramps.com/ready-r...d-extender.htm

Any tips on strapping the bike down? I was going to buy this strap kit also.

http://www.discountramps.com/motorcy...own_straps.htm

Thanks again!
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by nancejd View Post
I have the ready ramp for my Chevy. I love it. I just keep it in my truck all the time.
That's the one I have! Simply awesome! Plus it comes with a set of straps for the bed extender part. I use the CRAP out of that thing.

That strap kit with the handlebar wraps looks good too. That's the stuff I use.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-29-2012, 06:00 AM   #38
Novice Racer
Debi's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
From: Renton, WA

I Ride: 05 KTM450SMR, 04 YZF250 and one bad ass Truck hehe
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by courier11sec View Post
Lol.
I stand corrected.
You do forget sometimes that I am a grandmother and a very resourceful one at that

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #39
Moto2 Contender
courier11sec's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
From: where they don't have lawns.

I Ride: on the storm.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi View Post
You do forget sometimes that I am a grandmother and a very resourceful one at that
No one forgets that you are a grandmother. You mention it almost every time you post.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #40
Chicken Strips
gmbyjeff's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
From: Bellevue, WA

I Ride: 2006 Z1000
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi View Post
Ahhhhhh what ?????

Lol, was NOT expecting that, although was not surprised at all either.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter