Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #41
Peg Dragger
 
Joined: Jul 2006
From: Seattle, WA
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by holypiston View Post
biff got a job as a cop or what.

wadda nad.
Haha.

I don't understand how someone like that could make it through the entire application process and actually be offered a job.

He seems to be very stupid. I'm not an officer, but even I know you can't pull somebody over or arrest them for something like that.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 09-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #42
Licensed
BrandonBZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Salem, Oregon

I Ride: 1978 Honda CB400 (Project), 1978 Honda XL175 (Towner)
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty View Post
You're dealing in generalities again.. Lumping a couple as the whole.. There are bad apples on every tree.. No ones arguing that.. This has become a get rid of the tree discussion...

If you haven't been able to tell from your first hand experience and history.. mankind isn't exactly civilized of their own accord...

Ya'll are trying to state that having NO local "police" would be a good thing for our civilization as a whole and I'm saying otherwise...
just saying with apple trees, if there are enough bad apples you HAVE to trim your tree down to when you first planted for a chance to get edible fruit again.

Just a thought

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #43
Seņor verde
Bluuu's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: Kirkland

I Ride: behind the girls.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty View Post
Nice edit... but,


It's actually not a different discussion at all... One is local and the other is international... Get rid of the cops like you'd want and how long do you think it would take for the shit to hit the fan? Then guess who would take over the job? Martial law ehh??

And there's nothing incoherent or nonsensical as you tried to bait.... You understand very well what I typed..... You only hate on the local because you won't get the backlash you would if you said the same shit about the international...

Think of the oath the military take as to how and what they protect us from.....
I hate on the local because they don't and can't do the job. They spend their time hassling people for spitting on sidewalks rather than finding people thay break into my home or steal my bike, because one is easy and the other is hard. They choose not to do their job. They abuse their authority and the trust we place in them. They are corrupt. In very few cases can they actually prevent a crime. All they can do is show up after the fact and take a useless report. I can show up after the fact without their assistance.

My view has been partially shaped by my experiences. Only one time in my 50 years have police ever been of assistance to me and it was very minor. Several times I have been hassled and been abused (including physically) by police. In my own case they have been not only nearly useless, but menacing.

I don't hate on the military because they do what is asked of them and they do it exceedingly well, when we allow them to.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #44
Chicken Strips
Worldtraveller's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Medford, OR

I Ride: Wearing ears.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shinysideup View Post
Too bad bad cops stick out more than the good ones. Even the Mexican looking cop seemed like a prick.
The 98% bad ones give the other 2% a bad name.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #45
Shredder
cletus's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: sammamish, wa

I Ride: 2006 Suzuki GSXR 600; 2007 Yamaha FZ1 (the Mrs.'s bike)
Bluuu – you’re my boy, but you and 2dizzy have certainly got an interesting perspective. Crazy, misinformed, and awfully intellectually dishonest, but interesting nonetheless.

Bluuu and 2dizzy you both argue that the world is better off without police of any kind. Bluuu seems to see the world through rose colored glasses and believes that we, the general public, are all altruistic, generous to a fault, and wouldn’t dare harm our neighbor. We don’t need policing because everyone – except for the police – is just so damn good.

2dizzy agrees with Bluuu, but doesn’t quite view mankind so benevolently. To 2dizzy the barrel of a gun is the solution to all domestic problems. Justice will prevail as long as everyone’s packin.

I hate to be the one to tell ya Bluuu, but people, while being capable of stunning charity and integrity are equally capable of unfathomable evil and outright selfishness. You seem to forget we have a rich history of breeding serial killers in the Pacific Northwest. I trust we agree that these predators are not deterred by a drum circle or positive affirmations. The world is full of gangsters, rapists, murders, etc., and etc. The world is also full of thieves, scam artists, and con-men.

The “Minority Report” was not a documentary, and thus, a crime generally has to occur before the police can act. While they might not be able to prevent injury to the first victim, they do tend to catch up with the offender and thereby prevent further harm – at least until the criminal gets back out on the street. Let’s assume for the moment you get your way. There’s no police of any kind – by the way, we political science types tend to call such system anarchy. Who steps in to stop the bad guys? Personally, I’ve got enough shit to deal with than chasing down and stopping evil. Sure, I’d like to think I’d come to someone’s rescue if I stumbled on a crime in progress and I’d do everything in my power to stop harm from occurring to my family, but there’s only one of me and a big evil world out there. I’m armed and vigilant, but I can’t be vigilant all the time and some of the criminals are better armed than I. I’m also not so sure I’d be comfortable for ending someone’s life over some minor incident. I’m also not too comfortable with the responsibility of seeking criminals out. I’m not Batman damn it. I kind of like my family and my life and the thing about violent criminals is that they tend to react violently when you try to stop them from whatever their objective is.

2dizzy at least seems to recognize that there’s evil in the world. His solution is for everyone to be armed. Without any government or policing this is still anarchy, just a much more violent form of it. Unfortunately, not everyone can afford quality weaponry and I guess these people are just well and truly fucked. Unlike, Bluuu’s utopia, we actually have some real life working examples of just such a society. Somalia, the garden spot of Africa, has no police and those that can afford it are armed to the teeth. The ungoverned tribal areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan are also wonderful places to visit. Plenty of guns and no police and everyone gets along famously unless of course you’re a woman, lack extreme religious fervor, or were born into the wrong family. Gun or not, if this is the case you’re screwed. I'll pass.

The world isn’t perfect and neither are police. Just like skilled riders and squids, there are good and bad cops. Besides, without out the police who’d stop all that fuckin illegal gravel.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #46
Licensed
BrandonBZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Salem, Oregon

I Ride: 1978 Honda CB400 (Project), 1978 Honda XL175 (Towner)
I'm looking for a job.
Gravel Police Chief Inspector Rubble

has a nice ring to it

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #47
Superbiker
Fast Eddie 919's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Vancouver, WA
Blog Entries: 1

I Ride: Shotgun
Motorcycle Talk

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #48
Seņor verde
Bluuu's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: Kirkland

I Ride: behind the girls.
Whew! You sure read a lot of stuff into my posts that I never even came close to saying. You assume an awful lot. You might want to reread my posts and then reread your response. I sure don't remember ever coming close to claiming the human race was altruistic/generous/blah blah blah.

You probably don't want to know what I think of the human race. I flip flip between sometimes thinking it has unlimited potential and thinking the human race to be little more that walking wastes of oxygen and misappropriations of flesh.

If the cops actually did what you said and tried to catch the bad guys after they harmed me, I'd probably be willing to accept that as the best they can do. They don't!

I admitted that my views are partially colored by my own experiences with police. I wasn't born with the views I have of police. The police contributed to the negative image I have of them. I've been harmed far worse by the police than I ever have by the "bad guys".

If police want my respect and support, they need to reform themselves, improve their job performance, and start earning my respect and support. Until then, I consider them a menace to society.

“ Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus View Post
Bluuu – you’re my boy, but you and 2dizzy have certainly got an interesting perspective. Crazy, misinformed, and awfully intellectually dishonest, but interesting nonetheless.

Bluuu and 2dizzy you both argue that the world is better off without police of any kind. Bluuu seems to see the world through rose colored glasses and believes that we, the general public, are all altruistic, generous to a fault, and wouldn’t dare harm our neighbor. We don’t need policing because everyone – except for the police – is just so damn good.

2dizzy agrees with Bluuu, but doesn’t quite view mankind so benevolently. To 2dizzy the barrel of a gun is the solution to all domestic problems. Justice will prevail as long as everyone’s packin.

I hate to be the one to tell ya Bluuu, but people, while being capable of stunning charity and integrity are equally capable of unfathomable evil and outright selfishness. You seem to forget we have a rich history of breeding serial killers in the Pacific Northwest. I trust we agree that these predators are not deterred by a drum circle or positive affirmations. The world is full of gangsters, rapists, murders, etc., and etc. The world is also full of thieves, scam artists, and con-men.

The “Minority Report” was not a documentary, and thus, a crime generally has to occur before the police can act. While they might not be able to prevent injury to the first victim, they do tend to catch up with the offender and thereby prevent further harm – at least until the criminal gets back out on the street. Let’s assume for the moment you get your way. There’s no police of any kind – by the way, we political science types tend to call such system anarchy. Who steps in to stop the bad guys? Personally, I’ve got enough shit to deal with than chasing down and stopping evil. Sure, I’d like to think I’d come to someone’s rescue if I stumbled on a crime in progress and I’d do everything in my power to stop harm from occurring to my family, but there’s only one of me and a big evil world out there. I’m armed and vigilant, but I can’t be vigilant all the time and some of the criminals are better armed than I. I’m also not so sure I’d be comfortable for ending someone’s life over some minor incident. I’m also not too comfortable with the responsibility of seeking criminals out. I’m not Batman damn it. I kind of like my family and my life and the thing about violent criminals is that they tend to react violently when you try to stop them from whatever their objective is.

2dizzy at least seems to recognize that there’s evil in the world. His solution is for everyone to be armed. Without any government or policing this is still anarchy, just a much more violent form of it. Unfortunately, not everyone can afford quality weaponry and I guess these people are just well and truly fucked. Unlike, Bluuu’s utopia, we actually have some real life working examples of just such a society. Somalia, the garden spot of Africa, has no police and those that can afford it are armed to the teeth. The ungoverned tribal areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan are also wonderful places to visit. Plenty of guns and no police and everyone gets along famously unless of course you’re a woman, lack extreme religious fervor, or were born into the wrong family. Gun or not, if this is the case you’re screwed. I'll pass.

The world isn’t perfect and neither are police. Just like skilled riders and squids, there are good and bad cops. Besides, without out the police who’d stop all that fuckin illegal gravel.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Bluuu; 09-14-2012 at 01:36 PM..
 
Old 09-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #49
Shredder
cletus's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: sammamish, wa

I Ride: 2006 Suzuki GSXR 600; 2007 Yamaha FZ1 (the Mrs.'s bike)
^^^

I took your argument to its logical - though admittedly extreme - conclusion.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #50
Seņor verde
Bluuu's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: Kirkland

I Ride: behind the girls.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus View Post
^^^

I took your argument to its logical - though admittedly extreme - conclusion.
Nah...you just made up a lot of stuff and ended up debating with yourself. If you want to debate me, you have to actually debate the silly things I say.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #51
Licensed
dsett1889's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Snohomish, WA

I Ride: Yes
This thread is so ridiculous. I'm not even going to get involved other than saying... IBTL

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #52
Moto2 Contender
Avboden's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: from Wa, living on Grenada (island)

I Ride: 1991 XR250L, 2007 BMW F800S, 1999 ATK 605 ESDS/SM
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluuu View Post
Nah...you just made up a lot of stuff and ended up debating with yourself. If you want to debate me, you have to actually debate the silly things I say.
It's worthless to debate against you because your opinion is so extreme and frankly, absolutely dumbfoundingly ignorant, that nothing will get through to you.

it's like debating the tea party, no one knows WHY they're so freaking dumb, they just are.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #53
Streetfighter
1shinysideup's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Seattle

I Ride: 06 600RR
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
It's worthless to debate against you because your opinion is so extreme and frankly, absolutely dumbfoundingly ignorant, that nothing will get through to you.

it's like debating the tea party, no one knows WHY they're so freaking dumb, they just are.
I see this going South im in..

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #54
Seņor verde
Bluuu's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: Kirkland

I Ride: behind the girls.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
It's worthless to debate against you because your opinion is so extreme and frankly, absolutely dumbfoundingly ignorant, that nothing will get through to you.

it's like debating the tea party, no one knows WHY they're so freaking dumb, they just are.
Such delicious irony in you posting this. Thank you for the cheap entertainment. You can run along now.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Bluuu; 09-14-2012 at 03:01 PM..
 
Old 09-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #55
Superbiker
Fast Eddie 919's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Vancouver, WA
Blog Entries: 1

I Ride: Shotgun
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by dsett1889 View Post
This thread is so ridiculous. I'm not even going to get involved other than saying... IBTL
2008 called, they want their IBTL back.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #56
Seņor verde
Bluuu's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: Kirkland

I Ride: behind the girls.
Appropriately enough, while this thread has been marching along...

I've been running a few errands, and I noticed the same Kirkland police charger has been sitting outside the Starbucks down the street for the last 4 1/2 hours. I would have expected them to run out of donuts already.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #57
Shredder
WaGigKPN's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Gig Harbor, WA
Blog Entries: 1

I Ride: 2000 BRP (XR650R)
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluuu View Post
I hate on the local because they don't and can't do the job. They spend their time hassling people for spitting on sidewalks rather than finding people thay break into my home or steal my bike, because one is easy and the other is hard. They choose not to do their job. They abuse their authority and the trust we place in them. They are corrupt. In very few cases can they actually prevent a crime. All they can do is show up after the fact and take a useless report. I can show up after the fact without their assistance.

My view has been partially shaped by my experiences. Only one time in my 50 years have police ever been of assistance to me and it was very minor. Several times I have been hassled and been abused (including physically) by police. In my own case they have been not only nearly useless, but menacing.

I don't hate on the military because they do what is asked of them and they do it exceedingly well, when we allow them to.
I agree that they dont prevent crimes, however, logically thinking i believe they help decrease the frequency and severity of crimes. In a society without police citizens would have to be better about protecting themselves. This we can agree on. What i fear would happen is that those who are truly evil criminals would have little recourse to commit frequent extremely violent crimes with little fear of investigation and pursuit. Often it would benefit the criminal to outright kill whomever they are committing the crime than to simply try to be sneaky or threaten.

So i agree the petty crimes would probably go down by a lot, but there would be an increase in the really bad crimes...

Best of both worlds is a society and government that stands up for personal rights and protection of such while still providing the police to pursue criminals wherever they may be.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #58
Shredder
cletus's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: sammamish, wa

I Ride: 2006 Suzuki GSXR 600; 2007 Yamaha FZ1 (the Mrs.'s bike)
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluuu View Post
Nah...you just made up a lot of stuff and ended up debating with yourself. If you want to debate me, you have to actually debate the silly things I say.
No, but I do tend to debate endlessly with myself. You'd probably appreciate the mental image of me repeatedly banging/hitting my Scala rider out of frustration this morning when trying to make a call. It took a bit to realize what that must have looked like to the cars that were following behind me.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #59
Pit Crew
 
Joined: Jun 2011
From: S. Oregon
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie 919 View Post
2008 called, they want their IBTL back.
what is ibtl

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #60
Superbiker
Fast Eddie 919's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Vancouver, WA
Blog Entries: 1

I Ride: Shotgun
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleTrackin View Post
what is ibtl
I have no idea.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > PNW Riders > Motorcycle Talk


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed