View Poll Results: Which is sexier, Italians or Japanese
Ducati Hypermotard 14 9.86%
Ducati Monster 17 11.97%
Ducati 1199 67 47.18%
Yamaha R1 23 16.20%
Moto Guzzi 21 14.79%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #61
Endorsed
pdxdave's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
From: Aloha

I Ride: 04 Tuono Race
I'm a little disapointed at not seeing much mention of "the other" Italian brand.
My Aprilias have been dead nuts, Honda like reliable and an absolute blast on the road.
You can pick a used Tuono pretty easily for lees than any of the Ducs mentioned and the maintanence is both easier and cheaper.
There's a stunning Tuono in the sale section right now for 7k that already has the right stuff done to it. That's a LOT of ban for the buck.
Nothing against the Ducs but after working at a Duc dealership for a bit I came to the conclusion that they're kind of an Italian Harley... more lifestyle than bike.
Yes, they build some brilliant machines. Yes, they have an amazing record on the track and yes, they're dead sexy but for the guy who owns one bike and rides a lot there are far better choices out there.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by pdxdave; 10-14-2012 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: Brain fart...
 

Old 10-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #62
Permit
centicide's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jan 2007
From: Everett, Wa

I Ride: one made of air
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxdave View Post
I'm a little disapointed at not seeing much mention of "the other" Italian brand.
My Aprilias have been dead nuts, Honda like reliable and an absolute blast on the road.
You can pick a used Tuono pretty easily for lees than any of the Ducs mentioned and the maintanence is both easier and cheaper.
There's a stunning Tuono in the sale section right now for 7k that already has the right stuff done to it. That's a LOT of ban for the buck.
Nothing against the Ducs but after working at a Duc dealership for a bit I came to the conclusion that they're kind of an Italian Harley... more lifestyle than bike.
Yes, they build some brilliant machines. Yes, they have an amazing record on the track and yes, they're dead sexy but for the guy who owns one bike and rides a lot there are far better choices out there.
Dont get me wrong, there are a lot of really good brands out there, but the list was made with only 2 things in mind. Available aftermarket, and appeal.

I acknowledge the fine quality of Aprilia, but the new models looks are essentially throwbacks - a photocopy of an SV650 or R6 i saw once - 8 years ago. yes the engine is there, but that would be like pursing a below average milf who's bj is a little different, but thorough. Doesn't really knock my socks off.

BMW is amazing, not only with the S1000RR but also the GT1600 - really and inline 6 in a motorcycle. The only thing i've ever loved about BMW is their motors, thats about it.

All in all if i ever wanted an inline it would be an R1, i've filtered off the other brands for numerous reasons.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by centicide; 10-14-2012 at 07:16 PM..
 
Old 10-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #63
Captain Pubic
Juilin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: Seattle

I Ride: Ninja 650 or somebody elses.
Is it fair to judge my decision on the ethnicity of women I find more attractive?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #64
Moderator
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
From: Muk, WA
Blog Entries: 4

I Ride: fast, except on the road.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by centicide View Post
BMW is amazing, not only with the S1000RR but also the GT1600 - really and inline 6 in a motorcycle.
Never mind that Benelli, Honda and Kawasaki all made them long ago. But if you really want something sexy using readily available Japanese parts, you need a Drysdale 750 V8 (from Oz). There is nothing like the sound of 17k rpm through the 8 into 2 pipes! And it weighs much less than that monster 6cyl BMW!

Motorcycle Talk

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #65
Superbiker
RC51's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
From: Everett, WA

I Ride: Motorcycle
The poll is weighted incorrectly. You have 4 different Italians and one Japanese.

Of course the Italian bike will be sexier than a Japanese bike 9/10 of the time. It is no context when it comes to the new R1 (butt fucking ugly in my opinion).



If only a Japanese company would come out with a 90 deg twin or V4 that could take on the Italians and look dead sexy and be be dead nuts reliable while doing it....

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #66
Picture Whore
shelbyguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: lacey

I Ride: Aprilia Factory, 525SMR, DRZ400sm, and a gaggle of others
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
The poll is weighted incorrectly. You have 4 different Italians and one Japanese.

Of course the Italian bike will be sexier than a Japanese bike 9/10 of the time. It is no context when it comes to the new R1 (butt fucking ugly in my opinion).



If only a Japanese company would come out with a 90 deg twin or V4 that could take on the Italians and look dead sexy and be be dead nuts reliable while doing it....

honda did, then bagged it.


timeless machine

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-15-2012, 02:55 AM   #67
Endorsed
FlyingFinn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
From: Ole' Tacoma

I Ride: Nörgáy
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by centicide View Post
that would be like pursing a below average milf who's bj is a little different, but thorough.
.
Just my type

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #68
Permit
centicide's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jan 2007
From: Everett, Wa

I Ride: one made of air
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
The poll is weighted incorrectly. You have 4 different Italians and one Japanese.

Of course the Italian bike will be sexier than a Japanese bike 9/10 of the time. It is no context when it comes to the new R1 (butt fucking ugly in my opinion).



If only a Japanese company would come out with a 90 deg twin or V4 that could take on the Italians and look dead sexy and be be dead nuts reliable while doing it....
seems pretty fair.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #69
Endorsed
wonton's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: seattle
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxdave View Post
I'm a little disapointed at not seeing much mention of "the other" Italian brand.
My Aprilias have been dead nuts, Honda like reliable and an absolute blast on the road.
You can pick a used Tuono pretty easily for lees than any of the Ducs mentioned and the maintanence is both easier and cheaper.
There's a stunning Tuono in the sale section right now for 7k that already has the right stuff done to it. That's a LOT of ban for the buck.
Nothing against the Ducs but after working at a Duc dealership for a bit I came to the conclusion that they're kind of an Italian Harley... more lifestyle than bike.
Yes, they build some brilliant machines. Yes, they have an amazing record on the track and yes, they're dead sexy but for the guy who owns one bike and rides a lot there are far better choices out there.
If you can get past the looks of the Tuono, go for it. Even Aprilia had a hard time getting these of the showroom floor and were discounting them severely, forgot whether it was $7k or $8k new.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #70
Endorsed
wonton's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: seattle
Don't believe me about the Tuono pricing? Here's the link: http://slickdeals.net/f/3152322-Apri...-starting-7499

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #71
Moderator
Texasl's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Port Orchard, WA

I Ride: 2007 Moto Guzzi Norge, 1988 H-D (Project) Electra-Glide
Danger, Will Robinson
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton View Post
Don't believe me about the Tuono pricing? Here's the link: http://slickdeals.net/f/3152322-Apri...-starting-7499
Which puts the right rear corner of my jeans and my indoor sleeping privileges in danger every time I stop by Moto International.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #72
Endorsed
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Seattle, WA

I Ride: 2008 BMW R 1200 GS
I swear by German engineering and reliability, but I drool over Ducati's and the sounds they make. If I win the Lotto, I'll have both.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #73
Newbie
biggnads's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
From: Algona

I Ride: 2012 BMW S1000rr Black
Smile Consider the BMW S1000rr
I owned a 2003 R1, but I never fell in love with it. I've had a couple of older R6's, a 2006 R6, and a 2008 CBR1000rr. Never looks back at Yamaha after owning the Honda. But now I ride the BMW S1000rr, I have put over 4000 miles on it since August, and I will never look back and wish I ould have kept one of those other bikes. I strongly recommend to go test ride one, they let you do that at BMW. I have read many post's about ducatti guys selling there bikes for the BMW and loving there dicision. Good luck with your dicision making.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #74
Shredder
taznhell's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
From: Cornelius, Oregon

I Ride: Everyday
So far American and japanese no Itallian.....yet.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #75
Picture Whore
shelbyguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: lacey

I Ride: Aprilia Factory, 525SMR, DRZ400sm, and a gaggle of others
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton View Post
Don't believe me about the Tuono pricing? Here's the link: http://slickdeals.net/f/3152322-Apri...-starting-7499

"offers apply on new 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Aprilia Tuono 1000 R "

you do realize they are heavily discounted to get them out of dealers hands and warehouses because they are discontinued?


dont you?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #76
Licensed
acura9927's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Seattle

I Ride: 13 CBR500R
I kind of disagree with the saying the Japanese inline 4 have no soul. Its all personal preferences. I happen to think the 2012 ZX6R is the sweetest motor I have ever had the luck of trying out. Feels just like the 12 ZX10R to my butt dyno and it is utter smooth, and also sounds like a quiet jet. Of course, cant afford one at the moment.

On a side note, Paulson's in Lacey had all 3 colors new for 8299 no fees last weekend.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #77
Endorsed
wonton's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: seattle
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyguy View Post
"offers apply on new 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Aprilia Tuono 1000 R "

you do realize they are heavily discounted to get them out of dealers hands and warehouses because they are discontinued?


dont you?
They had multiple discounts on these bikes. This was the only deal I could find archived on SD. Do whatever you want with that ugly bike!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #78
Peg Dragger
take risks's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
From: west coastin

I Ride: with a smile
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
Ducati lives and breathes sportbikes.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyguy View Post
hate to say it, but Av has made a solid points
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton View Post
If you can get past the looks of the Tuono, go for it. Even Aprilia had a hard time getting these of the showroom floor and were discounting them severely, forgot whether it was $7k or $8k new.
I don't think the Panigale is the way to go though. Talk to forum member ninjaofdoom or at least check his post about why he is selling it.

Tuono?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #79
Endorsed
wonton's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: seattle
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by take risks View Post

Tuono?

Someone suggested a Tuono as a sexy Italian bike. Well, if you are looking for a bike which is confused whether it is a naked or a fairing bike which resembles Bumble Bee from Transformer then you found your definition of sexy.

Motorcycle Talk
Motorcycle Talk
Motorcycle Talk

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by wonton; 10-15-2012 at 07:50 PM..
 
Old 10-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #80
Railer
StropeSled's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
From: Yakima

I Ride: 2011 Ducati 848 EVO 06 r6 (gone)
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by antivalve View Post
To me ducs like Porsche Boxsters scream "i want to look cool!!!". This is just an opinion.. Fact is there reliability is crap and there expensive as hell to modify and repair. Who wants to date the half retarded supper model. Sure its fun at first but after a few embarrassing moments and a case of gonorrhea (ducs give you gonorrhea) you will wish you had settled for that cheaper more realistic ride.
lol

prolly never had either and wish you had both...ignorance on both parts

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > PNW Riders > Motorcycle Talk

Tags
1199, ducati, monster, motard, yamaha r1


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed