mrmat25

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #181
Novice Racer
Debi's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
From: Renton, WA

I Ride: 05 KTM450SMR, 04 YZF250 and one bad ass Truck hehe
Back on topic



__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 10-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #182
Novice Racer
ZXWUT?'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
From: Kent, WA

I Ride: 05 KTM 625 SMC
I didn't realize I was actually riding around on a sportbike with a high mounted front fender :O
Posted via PNW Riders Mobile

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #183
MotoGP Contender
fastfoodfred's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
From: spokane, wa

I Ride: 2013 Gasgas 300xc w/lic plate + 1985 RZ350 + 2010 YZ250F +
I guess a tdm 850 is also an SM?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #184
Licensed
Murdercycle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
From: Hood River, Oregon

I Ride: forever slow ^_^
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi View Post
Holy crap! Debi, how can i ever learn to ride that well?????

MX cross training?
speaking of which...
Doing a playday at the MX track next weekend, hopefully after a winter of squeezing in as many days as i can, i wont be last place everytime in sumo next year....

And some more sumo porn of the new 450SMR!!!!:




http://blog.derestricted.com/photogr...3-ktm-450-smr/

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Murdercycle; 10-27-2012 at 05:42 PM..
 
Old 10-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #185
Retired
mfrankpdx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Maryland

I Ride: Team Orange
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfoodfred View Post
And of course it isnt for me to decide. An SM is a dirtbike with roadrace sized wheels and tires. It is defined by low weight, low power, and flimsy chassis. It has already been defined. It isnt a one liter, 500 Lbs, 120 hp engine in a streetbike with the front fender mounted high.
So, surely you must think this is a supermoto!


__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #186
MotoGP Contender
fastfoodfred's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
From: spokane, wa

I Ride: 2013 Gasgas 300xc w/lic plate + 1985 RZ350 + 2010 YZ250F +
Nope, it is something else. I think probably the husky smr510 is the biggest sm out there. Maybe the sxv 550 since it is pretty identical to the 450.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #187
Novice Racer
Debi's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
From: Renton, WA

I Ride: 05 KTM450SMR, 04 YZF250 and one bad ass Truck hehe
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdercycle View Post
Holy crap! Debi, how can i ever learn to ride that well?????

MX cross training?
speaking of which...
Doing a playday at the MX track next weekend, hopefully after a winter of squeezing in as many days as i can, i wont be last place everytime in sumo next year....

And some more sumo porn of the new 450SMR!!!!:





http://blog.derestricted.com/photogr...3-ktm-450-smr/
Yes the 2013 KTM450SMR sure is nice but I wants the 2013 TM hehe so I can beat ya :p..

BTW,,,, doing whats in the vid is fun and yes MotoX will help but not as much as getting out on the track and getting the feel for letting the rear end snap out and getting you and your bike to be as one


“ Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrankpdx View Post
So, surely you must think this is a supermoto!

HELL the F**K no hehe

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #188
Peg Dragger
wsmc831's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
From: Redmond

I Ride: 1997 TL1000S, 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R, 2013 KTM 500 Exc, 2008 KTM 530 Xcw,
You say it isn't for you to decide, FFF, but you you fail to realize that what you are defining is your point of view, not everyone elses, and get angry about someone elses being different.

What's a superbike? (listed as a high performance motorcycle in the dictionary...seems pretty broad to me)

Who defines what is 'high performance'?

The individual, that's who. Not you, unfortunately.

There is no definition of supermotard in the dictionary, are you responsible to define it?

If someone wants to call a TDM850 a super motard, so what?

Again, you don't seem to be able to answer my question as to why it bothers you so much. If someone wants to call a 690 a supermotard, why does it upset you?


You say someone can't 'go changing changing things', but I ask how someone else defining something differently than you affects how YOU define something?

What's wrong with big city folks?

I don't know, I was born and raised in a town of 9k people in rural Oregon.

You still failed to answer a VERY simple question.

Don't get me started on your gay marriage comment, your head will explode.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #189
MotoGP Contender
fastfoodfred's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
From: spokane, wa

I Ride: 2013 Gasgas 300xc w/lic plate + 1985 RZ350 + 2010 YZ250F +
I'm not ever angry over anything. I stated what bike is and that if they don't fall into a category, it needs to make a new one. Things need to be called what they are. In my line of work, pumps get called motors and the opposite, speed reducers get called a PTO, and all sorts of confusing things happen. That is why it bothers me , if you can call that being bothered. I never understood why ducati called a pig of a bike a hyper motard. That term would tell a guy it is not just flickable, but almost as agile as a bmx bike.

Don't worry, my head doesn't explode. I don't get angry over people's opinions. I'm pretty open minded and nonjudgemental about everything.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #190
Moderator
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
From: Muk, WA
Blog Entries: 4

I Ride: fast, except on the road.
You have a much different opinion than the guys who run the World Supermoto Championship or the guys who did run the AMA Supermoto Championship! Both allow bikes of unlimited displacement and 450 is the smaller support class. The fast guys ride bikes like this 700+cc factory Husaberg that I helped work on at an AMA race in Virginia ridden by X-Games champ Ivan Lazzerini, which is much lighter and faster than your little twin! The AMA didn't consider twins to be Supermotos, so your Ape wouldn't be legal. This giant needed two of those hand made Ti pipes to carry it's exhaust and used a 19/38 sprocket set?!?


__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #191
Licensed
Murdercycle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
From: Hood River, Oregon

I Ride: forever slow ^_^
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
You have a much different opinion than the guys who run the World Supermoto Championship or the guys who did run the AMA Supermoto Championship! Both allow bikes of unlimited displacement and 450 is the smaller support class. The fast guys ride bikes like this 700+cc factory Husaberg that I helped work on at an AMA race in Virginia ridden by X-Games champ Ivan Lazzerini, which is much lighter and faster than your little twin! The AMA didn't consider twins to be Supermotos, so your Ape wouldn't be legal. This giant needed two of those hand made Ti pipes to carry it's exhaust and used a 19/38 sprocket set?!?

Mother of God! That thing must have been in the 80hp range w/250lbs??
isnt that like a moto3 bike almost?
whats with the really tall external gearing? short internal gearing or just needed the bike to not be a pogo stick?


“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi View Post
Yes the 2013 KTM450SMR sure is nice but I wants the 2013 TM hehe so I can beat ya :p..

BTW,,,, doing whats in the vid is fun and yes MotoX will help but not as much as getting out on the track and getting the feel for letting the rear end snap out and getting you and your bike to be as one
They sure look fast and have all the sparkly parts youd want, but TM just arent as pretty as the ktm


vs

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #192
Permit
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: 122121
Blog Entries: 1
Mine is a 570 and its as light/small as a 450,

Who wants to drag me to a track day >.>

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Husa570; 10-27-2012 at 03:21 PM..
 
Old 10-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #193
Track School Dazed
james1300's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
From: CENTRAL

I Ride: When I can
Big FAT power band. W I D E tiller handle bars! EZ to turn with. Sit up seating you can now see over some cars. They are Ez'er on tires. Less weight, less H.P.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #194
Track School Dazed
james1300's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
From: CENTRAL

I Ride: When I can
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfoodfred View Post
I'm not ever angry over anything. I stated what bike is and that if they don't fall into a category, it needs to make a new one. Things need to be called what they are. In my line of work, pumps get called motors and the opposite, speed reducers get called a PTO, and all sorts of confusing things happen. That is why it bothers me , if you can call that being bothered. I never understood why ducati called a pig of a bike a hyper motard. That term would tell a guy it is not just flickable, but almost as agile as a bmx bike.

Don't worry, my head doesn't explode. I don't get angry over people's opinions. I'm pretty open minded and nonjudgemental about everything.
EXCEPT 'Battery Tenders'!

(BOOM)! BaWhahahahaha! Love ya!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #195
MotoGP Contender
fastfoodfred's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
From: spokane, wa

I Ride: 2013 Gasgas 300xc w/lic plate + 1985 RZ350 + 2010 YZ250F +
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by james1300 View Post
EXCEPT 'Battery Tenders'!

(BOOM)! BaWhahahahaha! Love ya!
Those things don't even piss me off. I just like to state the difference between using one and not using one is about equal in cost.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #196
Retired
mfrankpdx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Maryland

I Ride: Team Orange
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi View Post
HELL the F**K no hehe

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #197
Novice Racer
Debi's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
From: Renton, WA

I Ride: 05 KTM450SMR, 04 YZF250 and one bad ass Truck hehe
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrankpdx View Post


https://vimeo.com/40853735

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #198
Moderator
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
From: Muk, WA
Blog Entries: 4

I Ride: fast, except on the road.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdercycle View Post
Mother of God! That thing must have been in the 80hp range w/250lbs??
isnt that like a moto3 bike almost?
whats with the really tall external gearing? short internal gearing or just needed the bike to not be a pogo stick?
The bike was probably geared for 150+, but he was an ex-MX racer and liked to just use the clutch. The bike had plenty of torque, that front sprocket required the swing arm to be slotted for clearance and look at the 1/4" Al plates used to brace the front down tube. The race was on a NASCAR oval called South Boston and it left Doug Chandler's factory KTM 525 for dead on the straight!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #199
Novice Racer
Debi's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
From: Renton, WA

I Ride: 05 KTM450SMR, 04 YZF250 and one bad ass Truck hehe
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
The bike was probably geared for 150+, but he was an ex-MX racer and liked to just use the clutch. The bike had plenty of torque, that front sprocket required the swing arm to be slotted for clearance and look at the 1/4" Al plates used to brace the front down tube. The race was on a NASCAR oval called South Boston and it left Doug Chandler's factory KTM 525 for dead on the straight!
can't see um Petey

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #200
Moderator
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
From: Muk, WA
Blog Entries: 4

I Ride: fast, except on the road.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi View Post
can't see um Petey
#29 Abusaberg above?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > PNW Riders > Motorcycle Talk

Tags
indecisive, more propaganda


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed