Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2007, 11:41 AM   #21
El Duderino "Old Timer"
KCander's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
From: Seattle, WA

I Ride: '00 DRZ400S/SM, '08 Ulysses XB12X, '95 DR350SE
Yeah, but what does any of this have to do with Chuck Norris?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 06-15-2007, 11:45 AM   #22
Forum Cripple
tophyr's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
From: Seattle, WA
Blog Entries: 13

I Ride: on the Isle of Man
Chuck Norris' cat. I know this cat personally.. these FMC fools betta not step.

Motorcycle Talk

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2007, 11:46 AM   #23
Peg Dragger
mahall75's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
From: Seattle & Mazatlán, México

I Ride: 2003 Kawasaki Voyager XII, 2010 Italika GS150
1%er
One Percenters, Gangs and Outlaws
Motorcycle clubs are often perceived as criminal organizations or, at best, gangs of hoodlums or thugs by traditional society. This perception has been fueled by the movies, popular culture, and highly publicized isolated incidents.

One of the most notorious of these incidents occurred in Hollister, California in 1947[1][2] and is now dubbed the Hollister riot. Whether or not an actual riot occurred is debatable, but there was a motorcycle rally in Hollister from July 4th to July 6th of that year that was attended by about 4000 people. Several newspaper articles were written that, according to some attendees, sensationalized the event and Life magazine ran an article and a staged photograph of an intoxicated subject on a motorcycle parked in a bar.

The press asked the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) to comment, and their response was that 99% of motorcyclists were law-abiding citizens, and the last one percent were outlaws. Thus was born the term, "one percenter".[3]

The film The Wild One, starring Marlon Brando, was inspired by the event, and it became the first in a series of movies that depicted bikers and members of motorcycle clubs in this stereotypical manner.

During the 1940s and 1950's, at rallies and gatherings sponsored by the AMA, prizes were awarded for nicest club uniform, prettiest motorcycle, and so forth. Some clubs, however, rejected the clean-cut image and adopted the "one percenter" moniker, even going so far as to create a diamond (rhombus) shaped patch labeled "1%" to wear on their vests as a badge of honor. The 1% patch is also used to instill fear and respect from the general public and other motorcyclists. Other clubs wore (and still wear) upside down AMA patches. Another practice was to cut their one piece club patches into three or more pieces as a form of protest, which evolved into the current form of three piece colors worn by many MCs today.

One percent clubs point out that the term simply means that they are simply committed to "biking and brotherhood", where riding isn't a weekend activity, but a way of living. These clubs assert that local and national law enforcement agencies have co-opted the term to paint them as criminals.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2007, 11:46 AM   #24
Peg Dragger
B Dogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
From: like, outerspace, dude.

I Ride: relatively slow, but probably still faster than you.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by tophyr View Post
Yeah, all I know is that this seems out of the blue.

Although shit son betta not f with guns 'n money up there ^^^ !! LOL
I think someone already put the link up to the thread, but yeah, it was about a totally undeserved threat made by a guy claiming to be a member of the Destralos Outlaw Biker "Club" against my humble group of sportbike enthusiasts.

If you don't know anything about 1%er clubs, they're what most think of when they think of "Biker Gangs". The Destralos are affiliated with the Banditos.

You may remember the Washington Prez of the Banditos going to prison over a murder and what I seem to remember as weapons & drug charges.

So, any "threat", passive or otherwise, gets the attention of folks, especially since these guys normally keep to themselves to avoid attention, yet here, supposedly, was one takin' shit on this forum (over in the Idaho section).

He created an account for, what looks like, the sole purpose of attacking my group and 'Broken Arrow', a PNW rider living in Idaho interested in starting his own club.

That about sums it up, the long way, I guess..... read the thread to get the 'gist'.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2007, 11:47 AM   #25
El Duderino "Old Timer"
KCander's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
From: Seattle, WA

I Ride: '00 DRZ400S/SM, '08 Ulysses XB12X, '95 DR350SE
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by tophyr View Post
Chuck Norris' cat. I know this cat personally.. these FMC fools betta not step.

Motorcycle Talk
I stand corrected. NOW I get it!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2007, 11:47 AM   #26
Peg Dragger
mahall75's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
From: Seattle & Mazatlán, México

I Ride: 2003 Kawasaki Voyager XII, 2010 Italika GS150
Blue Knights would be 2% er's is my guess

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2007, 11:48 AM   #27
Peg Dragger
B Dogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
From: like, outerspace, dude.

I Ride: relatively slow, but probably still faster than you.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by KCander View Post
Yeah, but what does any of this have to do with Chuck Norris?
That, my friend, is an excellent question.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2007, 11:50 AM   #28
Railer
Buddah's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
From: SPokizzle

I Ride: 98 CBR F3 7 stars edition ;)
This doesn't really have a place on this board...if someone has beef take it to the streets or something but this message board was not created for that purpose nor is it approved or supported by any of the members who are truely active here.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2007, 11:53 AM   #29
El Duderino "Old Timer"
KCander's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
From: Seattle, WA

I Ride: '00 DRZ400S/SM, '08 Ulysses XB12X, '95 DR350SE
For those of you not in the know:

The Destaralos are a group of motorcycle riding ne'er-do-wells headed by the infamous Destro, chrome-domed chrony and former right-hand man to the C.O.B.R.A. Commander.

Not the sort of people you want to fuck with. Hell bent on world domination and the like.

I just wanted to let you all know, because, hey, knowing is half the battle.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2007, 11:55 AM   #30
Pit Crew
Roy33's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
From: Lakewood

I Ride: Suzuki Katana 600
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics....

Even if you win you're still retarded

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #31
Forum Cripple
tophyr's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
From: Seattle, WA
Blog Entries: 13

I Ride: on the Isle of Man
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by B Dogg View Post
I think someone already put the link up to the thread, but yeah, it was about a totally undeserved threat made by a guy claiming to be a member of the Destralos Outlaw Biker "Club" against my humble group of sportbike enthusiasts.

If you don't know anything about 1%er clubs, they're what most think of when they think of "Biker Gangs". The Destralos are affiliated with the Banditos.

You may remember the Washington Prez of the Banditos going to prison over a murder and what I seem to remember as weapons & drug charges.

So, any "threat", passive or otherwise, gets the attention of folks, especially since these guys normally keep to themselves to avoid attention, yet here, supposedly, was one takin' shit on this forum (over in the Idaho section).

He created an account for, what looks like, the sole purpose of attacking my group and 'Broken Arrow', a PNW rider living in Idaho interested in starting his own club.

That about sums it up, the long way, I guess..... read the thread to get the 'gist'.
Ahhhhhhh ok. Most of us probably don't go to the Idaho section very often so that's likely why we were all "wtf????". Sounds like that Destralo guy or w/e is a tool. But, to be blunt, posting up in GD about it is likely to get you nothing but made fun of

At least you seem to be able to take it in good humor

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #32
Novice Racer
holypiston's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Vanquiver, WA
Blog Entries: 2

I Ride: RD400F Daytonut
I can't imagine anyone stupid enough to mess with a peace officer's motorcycle club.

Can you imagine hitting the twisties with these guys. There is no way you are getting a ticket.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #33
El Duderino "Old Timer"
KCander's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
From: Seattle, WA

I Ride: '00 DRZ400S/SM, '08 Ulysses XB12X, '95 DR350SE
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by KCander View Post
For those of you not in the know:

The Destaralos are a group of motorcycle riding ne'er-do-wells headed by the infamous Destro, chrome-domed chrony and former right-hand man to the C.O.B.R.A. Commander.

Not the sort of people you want to fuck with. Hell bent on world domination and the like.

I just wanted to let you all know, because, hey, knowing is half the battle.
Oops, wait, it was "Destralos", NOT "Destaralos". Shit, nevermind, wrong guys. My bad.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #34
Peg Dragger
B Dogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
From: like, outerspace, dude.

I Ride: relatively slow, but probably still faster than you.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by tophyr View Post
Ahhhhhhh ok. Most of us probably don't go to the Idaho section very often so that's likely why we were all "wtf????". Sounds like that Destralo guy or w/e is a tool. But, to be blunt, posting up in GD about it is likely to get you nothing but made fun of

At least you seem to be able to take it in good humor
Yessir, I always try to have a sense of humor about things. I can appreciate how it might look to some who aren't "in the know" too. It really does sound like some Hollywood shit, but it's not.

My bro may have posted it up unintentionally in the General Discussion section, because he posted it up in the section we're talking about as well.

Although the situation may seem kinda’ silly, we feel it's still important to make it known that the kind of crap this supposed 1%er guy was saying (and we almost have to assume he wasn't speaking for his "club") isn't acceptable here, or anywhere for that matter.

No one likes to be told their wife might "get the shit kicked out of" her by some random 1%er, because she had an FMC Sportbike Club arm patch on, or a sticker on her bike. That's ridiculous, since we're not like that or about that, at all. In fact, probably not much difference between the "PNW Riders" "reppers" that sport the sticker on their bike and wear a t-shirt or hat with the logo on it and us.... we just have our own stickers n' junk, lol.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by B Dogg; 06-15-2007 at 12:15 PM..
 
Old 06-15-2007, 12:08 PM   #35
Pit Crew
Tdawg's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
From: Here.wa.us

I Ride: a couple
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCfiveoh View Post
I don’t thing we are gonna find any OMG or 1% people hanging out at any of out track meets... and I don’t think you’ll find us at any of your bars slinging dope…
Is OMG a biker gang

In the reputation thing, we need a street cred option Sarcasm

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Tdawg; 06-15-2007 at 12:26 PM..
 
Old 06-15-2007, 12:09 PM   #36
Peg Dragger
B Dogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
From: like, outerspace, dude.

I Ride: relatively slow, but probably still faster than you.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by holypiston View Post
I can't imagine anyone stupid enough to mess with a peace officer's motorcycle club.

Can you imagine hitting the twisties with these guys. There is no way you are getting a ticket.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2007, 12:10 PM   #37
Peg Dragger
mahall75's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
From: Seattle & Mazatlán, México

I Ride: 2003 Kawasaki Voyager XII, 2010 Italika GS150
PNWRIDERS are 1% er's - 1% of the coolest fucking people

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2007, 12:12 PM   #38
Peg Dragger
B Dogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
From: like, outerspace, dude.

I Ride: relatively slow, but probably still faster than you.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdawg View Post
Is OMG a biker gang

In the reputation thing, we need a street cred option
We need a comprehension level option too.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #39
El Duderino "Old Timer"
KCander's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
From: Seattle, WA

I Ride: '00 DRZ400S/SM, '08 Ulysses XB12X, '95 DR350SE
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall75 View Post
PNWRIDERS are 1% er's - 1% of the coolest fucking people
's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
Motorcycle Talk

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2007, 12:20 PM   #40
Peg Dragger
B Dogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
From: like, outerspace, dude.

I Ride: relatively slow, but probably still faster than you.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by KCander View Post
's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
Motorcycle Talk
He might'a actually looked like that, just a little fatter and with long thining hair maybe??

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Closed Thread

  PNW Riders > PNW Riders > Motorcycle Talk


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed