mrmat25

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 05:11 PM   #101
Streetfighter
Mithras's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: Silverdale, WA 98383
Blog Entries: 1

I Ride: Yamaha YX600
I see a banditos member frequently at a stoplight in northgate. He rides an ugly pos...not sure what. I've waved at him multiple times with no response...to me that's a little rude. If he's representing the club I'm going to take the impression that they're not friendly people.

I really haven't ever heard anything good about motorcycle gangs in general but I'm not going to label these guys as assholes until one of them does something to deserve it.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 10-22-2008, 07:27 AM   #102
Permit
INW BIG's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
From: Spokane, WA

I Ride: 49 custom panhead chopper
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithras View Post
I see a banditos member frequently at a stoplight in northgate. He rides an ugly pos...not sure what. I've waved at him multiple times with no response...to me that's a little rude. If he's representing the club I'm going to take the impression that they're not friendly people.

I really haven't ever heard anything good about motorcycle gangs in general but I'm not going to label these guys as assholes until one of them does something to deserve it.
Now....you've broached an entirely different subject. The "Wave". You probably are not going to get any "old school" biker or club members to wave at you. You youngin's probably don't know this, but the late craze of waving at each other is not a "biker tradition". 30 yrs ago, you would never see someone wave at each other unless they personally knew that person. And that is why every once in a while you would see bikers wave at each other because there were fewer bikers back then and the odds that they knew each other were pretty good. But, the "Wave" is a recent phenomenon which seems to get a bunch of people's shorts in a bunch.

Old guys won't wave.....most of the time. I know a bunch of old guys that do wave, but I also know MORE old school bikers who won't. And they get especially stubborn on that stance when scooters, bicyclists, and people in cars start waving at riders.

Listen....we didn't wave back then. Having common ground with someone else because they were on a motorcycle too was not part of the paradigm. If you waved at every biker back then, you were considered gay. You guys should start talking to us "old guys" to learn some history so you aren't making snap judgements about people's personalities based on things that you want or maybe think to be true. Now don't get me wrong.....these days waving is just fine as long as it is done safely and if you can actually determine whether someone is waving or not.

What is the proper wave? I see guys with their hands straight down with a finger or two extended....I can't tell if they are waving half the time. Then there is the same thing only out at an angle and down, like pointing at 8 o'clock. Then there is straight out to the side, just a couple fingers flashed up from the grip, etc, etc. Half the time you can't tell if it's a wave or they are trying to get rid of a boogar. What is the proper wave?

Half the time I am signaling a turn, and some douche is trying to wave at me....WTF is that?? I'm turning you douche....leave me alone. Now, don't get me wrong....I wave....and I like to wave just like the rest of you. But come on......is your ego so fragile that you have to have the other person wave at you in order to feel the "brotherhood"?? Let me at least finish my turn or get done shifting before you wave at me...

Keep on waving....I think it's great! But, don't get your panties in a bunch when someone doesn't wave back. Maybe they are changing gears and can't take their hand off the clutch, maybe they are looking at traffic and don't notice you or your wave. Maybe they are just not paying attention to every single bike on the road. You'll never see me wave at a stoplight...why? Well, it's simple actually. I never put my bike in neutral...it's a safety issue for me. If I see some dumb*ss on a cell phone coming up too fast behind me, I don't have to shift into gear to get out of the way. And likewise, you'll never see me wave while I'm working the gears to get away from a stoplight. Why? To me it's a safety issue....you keep your hands where they are supposed to be when you are shifting through the gears.

This wasn't intended in any way to be a slam towards you Mithra, but it is a subject that gets me going...as you can tell. Nuff said.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by INW BIG; 10-22-2008 at 07:31 AM..
 
Old 10-22-2008, 07:43 AM   #103
Endorsed
jstablr's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
From: Puyallup

I Ride: 08 CBR600RR,05 Custom Harley
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by INW BIG View Post
Now....you've broached an entirely different subject. The "Wave". You probably are not going to get any "old school" biker or club members to wave at you. You youngin's probably don't know this, but the late craze of waving at each other is not a "biker tradition". 30 yrs ago, you would never see someone wave at each other unless they personally knew that person. And that is why every once in a while you would see bikers wave at each other because there were fewer bikers back then and the odds that they knew each other were pretty good. But, the "Wave" is a recent phenomenon which seems to get a bunch of people's shorts in a bunch.

Old guys won't wave.....most of the time. I know a bunch of old guys that do wave, but I also know MORE old school bikers who won't. And they get especially stubborn on that stance when scooters, bicyclists, and people in cars start waving at riders.

Listen....we didn't wave back then. Having common ground with someone else because they were on a motorcycle too was not part of the paradigm. If you waved at every biker back then, you were considered gay. You guys should start talking to us "old guys" to learn some history so you aren't making snap judgements about people's personalities based on things that you want or maybe think to be true. Now don't get me wrong.....these days waving is just fine as long as it is done safely and if you can actually determine whether someone is waving or not.

What is the proper wave? I see guys with their hands straight down with a finger or two extended....I can't tell if they are waving half the time. Then there is the same thing only out at an angle and down, like pointing at 8 o'clock. Then there is straight out to the side, just a couple fingers flashed up from the grip, etc, etc. Half the time you can't tell if it's a wave or they are trying to get rid of a boogar. What is the proper wave?

Half the time I am signaling a turn, and some douche is trying to wave at me....WTF is that?? I'm turning you douche....leave me alone. Now, don't get me wrong....I wave....and I like to wave just like the rest of you. But come on......is your ego so fragile that you have to have the other person wave at you in order to feel the "brotherhood"?? Let me at least finish my turn or get done shifting before you wave at me...

Keep on waving....I think it's great! But, don't get your panties in a bunch when someone doesn't wave back. Maybe they are changing gears and can't take their hand off the clutch, maybe they are looking at traffic and don't notice you or your wave. Maybe they are just not paying attention to every single bike on the road. You'll never see me wave at a stoplight...why? Well, it's simple actually. I never put my bike in neutral...it's a safety issue for me. If I see some dumb*ss on a cell phone coming up too fast behind me, I don't have to shift into gear to get out of the way. And likewise, you'll never see me wave while I'm working the gears to get away from a stoplight. Why? To me it's a safety issue....you keep your hands where they are supposed to be when you are shifting through the gears.

This wasn't intended in any way to be a slam towards you Mithra, but it is a subject that gets me going...as you can tell. Nuff said.
Why do you continue to try match Wits with an unarmed person your information is good for those of us that are listening but for the rest of them, Save it !!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-22-2008, 07:43 AM   #104
Endorsed
saread's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
From: Bothell, WA

I Ride: 2008 FJR 1300A, 1980 SR500
I'm calling bulloney. I've been around for awhile shall we say and the "wave" has been around at least as long as I have - and that exceeds 30 yrs. I wave because I think it's civilized to acknowledge other folks, it takes a little of the everyday harshness out of life and makes the world a smaller place. It's one of the things I love about smaller communities - everybody waves at everybody like they've known you forever.

I'm a little perplexed at the 1% attitude about it though - respect given, respect received.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-22-2008, 08:17 AM   #105
Superbiker
RC51's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
From: Everett, WA

I Ride: Motorcycle
Who really gives a fuck?

If you run around like a badass you are just as likely to get stomped by some random dude in a Chevy Cavalier that doesn't take shit from nobody. If you act like a douche bag long enough, you'll always run into a bigger one.

And seriously, you can't have a vest with three patches on it if you want? That's the gayest shit I've heard all week. These clubs are all about freedom, except when it come to other people wanting to exercise theirs. It's called freedom of speech people.

Personally I think it's sad and pathetic that some need these types of organizations to live a full life.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-22-2008, 08:25 AM   #106
Knee Dragger
Suzuki Stevo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
From: Seattle, Wa

I Ride: at a speed that allows me to ride again tomorrow GSX650FK8, DL650K5, AN400K7, 2013 WR250R
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by saread View Post
I'm calling bulloney. I've been around for awhile shall we say and the "wave" has been around at least as long as I have - and that exceeds 30 yrs. I wave because I think it's civilized to acknowledge other folks, it takes a little of the everyday harshness out of life and makes the world a smaller place. It's one of the things I love about smaller communities - everybody waves at everybody like they've known you forever.

I'm a little perplexed at the 1% attitude about it though - respect given, respect received.
Back in the 70's waving at a guy on a Harley, got you absolutely nothing, you where just ignored, after a while you didn't even try and wave at other bikes unless you where sure it was another Japaneses bike.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #107
Newbie
mandy h's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: burlington WA

I Ride: 08 SUZUKI GSX-R 1000
my husband is a Bandido
Bandidos get pulled over all the time, I've been pulled over with him several times. Sportbikes are just flashier and faster than harleys, there's no way his bike is faster than my gixxer.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #108
At Banned Camp
 
Joined: Jun 2006
From: Hell
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post

Personally I think it's sad and pathetic that some need these types of organizations to live a full life.
I think you just called out 70% of the PNW Riders member base.

BTW, this summer, was in my bug at a stop light. A few 1%'s came beside me, looked over and all gave me a thumbs up and "That's f'ing cool dood!".

If they like VW's, they're ok in my book.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-22-2008, 08:53 AM   #109
Race Qualifier
evander's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
From: N side Spokane

I Ride: a Yamaha slayer real slow.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post
who really gives a fuck?

If you run around like a badass you are just as likely to get stomped by some random dude in a chevy cavalier that doesn't take shit from nobody. If you act like a douche bag long enough, you'll always run into a bigger one.

And seriously, you can't have a vest with three patches on it if you want? That's the gayest shit i've heard all week. These clubs are all about freedom, except when it come to other people wanting to exercise theirs. It's called freedom of speech people.

Personally i think it's sad and pathetic that some need these types of organizations to live a full life.
qft

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-22-2008, 08:56 AM   #110
JTR
Novice Racer
JTR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
From: Ames Lake- Lauralhurst hood

I Ride: Yamdalarisosaki's w/ a nos!
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post
Who really gives a fuck?

If you run around like a badass you are just as likely to get stomped by some random dude in a Chevy Cavalier that doesn't take shit from nobody. If you act like a douche bag long enough, you'll always run into a bigger one.

And seriously, you can't have a vest with three patches on it if you want? That's the gayest shit I've heard all week. These clubs are all about freedom, except when it come to other people wanting to exercise theirs. It's called freedom of speech people.

Personally I think it's sad and pathetic that some need these types of organizations to live a full life.
QFT x2

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-22-2008, 08:57 AM   #111
JTR
Novice Racer
JTR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
From: Ames Lake- Lauralhurst hood

I Ride: Yamdalarisosaki's w/ a nos!
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy h View Post
Sportbikes are just flashier and faster than harleys, there's no way his bike is faster than my gixxer.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-22-2008, 09:02 AM   #112
Chicken Strips
Canucks_Fan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
From: Kennewick, WA

I Ride: Triumph Trophy SE
I can't speak about the Bandidos, but I did have 3 Gypsy Jokers stop on the highway and make sure there wasn't anything wrong with my bike. I let them know I was just waiting for some friends to catch up, and there wasn't anything wrong. At the time, I was wearing my 3 patch vest and wasn't given any grief about it at all- quite the opposite, in fact. I got into a discussion with one about what he/I did while in the Navy. Less than a week later, I heard that they'd all been arrested in a raid on their house in Kennewick.


__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-22-2008, 09:05 AM   #113
Novice Racer
Pointman's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
From: Puget Sound

I Ride: H-D
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcanada_00 View Post
one of the things I always found pretty cool about the Bandidos (cant confirm but have read it several places) is that when a patched member dies, every Bandido within 500 must attend the service. Its all about taking care of thier own and respect and I always liked those concepts.
Same thing for the HAs.


__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #114
Novice Racer
Pointman's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
From: Puget Sound

I Ride: H-D
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucks_Fan View Post
I can't speak about the Bandidos, but I did have 3 Gypsy Jokers stop on the highway and make sure there wasn't anything wrong with my bike. I let them know I was just waiting for some friends to catch up, and there wasn't anything wrong. At the time, I was wearing my 3 patch vest and wasn't given any grief about it at all- quite the opposite, in fact. I got into a discussion with one about what he/I did while in the Navy. Less than a week later, I heard that they'd all been arrested in a raid on their house in Kennewick.

Almost every 1% club was started by veterans- that legacy is respected by club members.

People tend to fear what they do not know.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-22-2008, 09:26 AM   #115
Novice Racer
Pointman's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
From: Puget Sound

I Ride: H-D
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by saread View Post
I'm calling bulloney. I've been around for awhile shall we say and the "wave" has been around at least as long as I have - and that exceeds 30 yrs. I wave because I think it's civilized to acknowledge other folks, it takes a little of the everyday harshness out of life and makes the world a smaller place. It's one of the things I love about smaller communities - everybody waves at everybody like they've known you forever.

I'm a little perplexed at the 1% attitude about it though - respect given, respect received.
The middle finger was a "I love you" we did to other Bikers- not a wave or point at the ground unless there was a obstacle there.


__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #116
Chicken Strips
DogoZX's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
From: outta nowhere,

I Ride: around the outside!
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointman View Post
The middle finger was a "I love you" we did to other Bikers- not a wave or point at the ground unless there was a obstacle there.

So the old guy, on the Harley, in McCleary that keeps givin' me the finger is being endearing?
I was gunna kick his azz, too!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-22-2008, 09:35 AM   #117
Novice Racer
Pointman's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
From: Puget Sound

I Ride: H-D
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by DogoZX View Post
So the old guy, on the Harley, in McCleary that keeps givin' me the finger is being endearing?
I was gunna kick his azz, too!
He lurvs you....

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #118
Streetfighter
Mithras's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: Silverdale, WA 98383
Blog Entries: 1

I Ride: Yamaha YX600
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by INW BIG View Post
Now....you've broached an entirely different subject. The "Wave". You probably are not going to get any "old school" biker or club members to wave at you. You youngin's probably don't know this, but the late craze of waving at each other is not a "biker tradition". 30 yrs ago, you would never see someone wave at each other unless they personally knew that person. And that is why every once in a while you would see bikers wave at each other because there were fewer bikers back then and the odds that they knew each other were pretty good. But, the "Wave" is a recent phenomenon which seems to get a bunch of people's shorts in a bunch.

Old guys won't wave.....most of the time. I know a bunch of old guys that do wave, but I also know MORE old school bikers who won't. And they get especially stubborn on that stance when scooters, bicyclists, and people in cars start waving at riders.

Listen....we didn't wave back then. Having common ground with someone else because they were on a motorcycle too was not part of the paradigm. If you waved at every biker back then, you were considered gay. You guys should start talking to us "old guys" to learn some history so you aren't making snap judgements about people's personalities based on things that you want or maybe think to be true. Now don't get me wrong.....these days waving is just fine as long as it is done safely and if you can actually determine whether someone is waving or not.

What is the proper wave? I see guys with their hands straight down with a finger or two extended....I can't tell if they are waving half the time. Then there is the same thing only out at an angle and down, like pointing at 8 o'clock. Then there is straight out to the side, just a couple fingers flashed up from the grip, etc, etc. Half the time you can't tell if it's a wave or they are trying to get rid of a boogar. What is the proper wave?

Half the time I am signaling a turn, and some douche is trying to wave at me....WTF is that?? I'm turning you douche....leave me alone. Now, don't get me wrong....I wave....and I like to wave just like the rest of you. But come on......is your ego so fragile that you have to have the other person wave at you in order to feel the "brotherhood"?? Let me at least finish my turn or get done shifting before you wave at me...

Keep on waving....I think it's great! But, don't get your panties in a bunch when someone doesn't wave back. Maybe they are changing gears and can't take their hand off the clutch, maybe they are looking at traffic and don't notice you or your wave. Maybe they are just not paying attention to every single bike on the road. You'll never see me wave at a stoplight...why? Well, it's simple actually. I never put my bike in neutral...it's a safety issue for me. If I see some dumb*ss on a cell phone coming up too fast behind me, I don't have to shift into gear to get out of the way. And likewise, you'll never see me wave while I'm working the gears to get away from a stoplight. Why? To me it's a safety issue....you keep your hands where they are supposed to be when you are shifting through the gears.

This wasn't intended in any way to be a slam towards you Mithra, but it is a subject that gets me going...as you can tell. Nuff said.

Stopped at traffic light...side by side...I look over at him to check out his bike...he looks over at me...I wave hello (because I'm a friendly guy) and he looks away (you know when you can tell someone's attitude is that they think they're better than you?)

No one could argue that he was too busy to wave back. He just wasn't being friendly.

I certainly understand not waving when conditions don't permit it or perhaps the person doesn't see you....not a big deal, happens all the time.

For all the talk of tradition and what was what 30 years ago.....Grow up and get with the times. Things change, traditions are worthless when modern practicality comes into play. As far as I can tell everyone has a different opinion about the tradition of the wave....so I take it as a wave...just that. A hello greeting...same thing as saying good morning to someone or hello as you walk by them. Nothing more, nothing less.

he was riding a pos older sport-bike btw.

I respect your opinion and stance on waving INW Big, I just don't hold myself to the same outlook you do.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-22-2008, 11:24 AM   #119
Streetfighter
Mithras's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: Silverdale, WA 98383
Blog Entries: 1

I Ride: Yamaha YX600
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by jstablr View Post
Why do you continue to try match Wits with an unarmed person your information is good for those of us that are listening but for the rest of them, Save it !!
What are you implying?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #120
Permit
INW BIG's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
From: Spokane, WA

I Ride: 49 custom panhead chopper
Right....
Mithras......I think that you'll notice if you read my post again, that I mentioned that I DO wave. I think waving at another rider is fine. However, my intention with mentioning how things used to be was to try to get you to understand that not all riders wave. And because they don't, it's really no reason for you or anyone to take it personally. It's just not what they do. No reason to get twisted about it......they don't wave. No big deal. If your ego gets deflated because another jerk doesn't acknowledge that you are there......WHO CARES???? Man up......don't give it a second thought.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Closed Thread

  PNW Riders > PNW Riders > Motorcycle Talk


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed