Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 04:58 AM   #1
Training Wheels
OP
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Texarkana, TX
New guy relocating from Texas.
Hey guys, my name is Joe. Currently in Texarkana, TX. My family is gearing up for a move to Seattle (Federal Way, probably) in the next couple of months. My wife is originally from there, I've visited a few times and always liked the area. Also wanting an area that offers a bit more for my 2 year old daughter when she gets out of High School.

Anyway, I'm 27 and have been riding for 7 years now. Have raced hare scrambles on a KDX200, ridden to Mexico on a DRZ400, rode the hell out of Arkansas on a KLR650 and a Triumph 955i Daytona. However, I am selling my collection and will restart once I get settled in Washington. Looking for something like a KTM 950, or possibly a sport touring setup.

We will probably be moving into a humble duplex with 1 car garage setup, I've got tools and I am pretty handy with broke bikes, so would love to help any of you fellas out that have some mechanical issues to take care of.

Looking forward to riding and wrenching with you guys.

New Users

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 06-12-2012, 05:05 AM   #2
Track School Dazed
james1300's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
From: CENTRAL

I Ride: When I can
Welcome!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-12-2012, 05:16 AM   #3
Moderator
Texasl's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Port Orchard, WA

I Ride: 2007 Moto Guzzi Norge, 1988 H-D (Project) Electra-Glide
Welcome to the asylum.

So, are you a native Texan or just traveling through the Republic?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-12-2012, 05:19 AM   #4
Railer
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Anywhere I can get to on my bike

I Ride: 2000 GSX-R 750
Welcome to the area Joe. Fellow Texan here. Moved up here from DFW (Arlington to be exact). If you get out riding when you get here let me know. I'm always ready to go for an adventure. Welcome to Seattle. If you don't like rain just wait 5 minutes. Then another 5. Oh hell, who am I kidding. If you don't like rain, you're in the wrong area!

LOL

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-12-2012, 05:29 AM   #5
Training Wheels
OP
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Texarkana, TX
Born and raised here in NE Texas. I kind of like the area, have a few friends I'm leaving behind, but the small town upbringing I had is something I don't want for my daughter. Only places to work is factory work at a paper mill or in the medical field taking care of our elderly.

I'll damn sure miss Arkansas, some GREAT GREAT GREAT riding in the 'mountains' up there. I'm sure you guys will show me some stuff in WA though.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
Superbiker
Devil_Doc's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
From: Puyallup-ish

I Ride: 04 CBR1k
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanJoe View Post
Hey guys, my name is Joe. Currently in Texarkana, TX. My family is gearing up for a move to Seattle (Federal Way, probably) in the next couple of months. My wife is originally from there, I've visited a few times and always liked the area. Also wanting an area that offers a bit more for my 2 year old daughter when she gets out of High School.

Anyway, I'm 27 and have been riding for 7 years now. Have raced hare scrambles on a KDX200, ridden to Mexico on a DRZ400, rode the hell out of Arkansas on a KLR650 and a Triumph 955i Daytona. However, I am selling my collection and will restart once I get settled in Washington. Looking for something like a KTM 950, or possibly a sport touring setup.

We will probably be moving into a humble duplex with 1 car garage setup, I've got tools and I am pretty handy with broke bikes, so would love to help any of you fellas out that have some mechanical issues to take care of.

Looking forward to riding and wrenching with you guys.

New Users
Hey.. Welcome aboard! I'm from about 30 min south of Tyler, off Cedar Creek Lake. Prepare for culture shock.

“ Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 dizzy View Post
Welcome to the area Joe. Fellow Texan here. Moved up here from DFW (Arlington to be exact). If you get out riding when you get here let me know. I'm always ready to go for an adventure. Welcome to Seattle. If you don't like rain just wait 5 minutes. Then another 5. Oh hell, who am I kidding. If you don't like rain, you're in the wrong area!

LOL
No shit? Small world. I lived in Dallas for my last 10 years in Tx.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #7
Moderator
Texasl's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Port Orchard, WA

I Ride: 2007 Moto Guzzi Norge, 1988 H-D (Project) Electra-Glide
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanJoe View Post
Born and raised here in NE Texas. I kind of like the area, have a few friends I'm leaving behind, but the small town upbringing I had is something I don't want for my daughter. Only places to work is factory work at a paper mill or in the medical field taking care of our elderly.

I'll damn sure miss Arkansas, some GREAT GREAT GREAT riding in the 'mountains' up there. I'm sure you guys will show me some stuff in WA though.
We do have some roads that look like malaria germs, along with some passes that will pop your ears.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #8
Streetfighter
Willow's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Silverdale, Wa

I Ride: DRZ 400SM, 848evo
Welcome Joe,
Thanks for the picture. Looks like something I would do

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #9
Seńor verde
Bluuu's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: Kirkland

I Ride: behind the girls.
Welcome! I may be a displaced Californian but i spent a little over a decade in Texas... Pampa oil fields, Lubbock to do a couple degrees at Texas tech, Dallas for a year internship, married a big haired Texas girl along the way, got divorced, finally escaped exile and came back to the west coast, and here I be. My dad still lives in east Texas though.

If you don't mind 9 months of grey skies each year, moss growing on your back and webs growing between your toes, you might like it here.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
Moderator
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
From: Muk, WA
Blog Entries: 4

I Ride: fast, except on the road.
There is snow in TX?! Welcome and you'll love trail riding around here. We have great technical trails on the wet side and a couple hours East it starts looking like desert.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
Chicken Strips
Swanny's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
From: Renton, WA

I Ride: '10 S1000RR, '73 R75/5, '07 NINJA 250
Yeeee- Hawww!!!!
Born and raised in Arlington, TX!
I settled in Federal Way as well, back in '85 when I moved up.
So Gitty-up and welcome aboard!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #12
Peg Dragger
SpinCycle's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
From: Eugene, OR

I Ride: A bunch of Clown bikes..
I see all the Texans are here, welcome to the PacNW! I grew up in Mesquite, Tx and have been here almost 20yrs. Used to drag race street bikes at Green Valley Race City back in the eighties. I heard that they had finally demolished the track about 10yrs ago. It stood empty and overgrown for many years after it closed. Brings back memories. I'm sure Wiley will be around in a few..

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #13
Shredder
cletus's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: sammamish, wa

I Ride: 2006 Suzuki GSXR 600; 2007 Yamaha FZ1 (the Mrs.'s bike)
Welcome!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #14
Training Wheels
OP
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Texarkana, TX
Yeah, I think it gets colder in Texas in the winter and damn sure gets hotter in the summer. We get sknowfall once a year, the picture above was taken around Albert Pike, AR which is my stomping grounds. Was way more ice than snow up there.

Cloudy skies is fine by me, so long as I can still get some riding in.

My wife is transferring jobs, whereas I'll just be leaving mine and hoping for the best once I get up there. =P May be hitting you fellows up for some tips on job hunting to get me started until I finish up a degree.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #15
Superbiker
Devil_Doc's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
From: Puyallup-ish

I Ride: 04 CBR1k
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanJoe View Post
May be hitting you fellows up for some tips on job hunting to get me started until I finish up a degree.
Unless you have job experience in some facet of airplane fabrication or construction, start looking for a job now..

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > Welcome > New Users


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed