Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
Endorsed
OP
 
Joined: Jan 2007
From: Sammamish, WA

I Ride: 05 BMW K1200S, 07 MV Agusta F4-1000R
Good roads near Shelton
I might accompany a friend to The Ridge on 6/17-6/18, but I won't be riding at the track.

Does anyone have suggestions on some fun local roads or places to see?

The same friend also has my DH book, so I can't look them up until I get the book back.

Thanks.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 06-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #2
Chicken Strips
barry.mccockener's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
From: Shelton, WA (little Arkansas)

I Ride: like a boss.
What type of riding? how long the ride?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
Endorsed
OP
 
Joined: Jan 2007
From: Sammamish, WA

I Ride: 05 BMW K1200S, 07 MV Agusta F4-1000R
sport touring. probably 3-4 hours at a time.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
Moderator
Texasl's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Port Orchard, WA

I Ride: 2007 Moto Guzzi Norge, 1988 H-D (Project) Electra-Glide
Here is a fun route. Not so crooked that you will beat the center stand to death, but definitely not a snoozer.

While you are in the neighborhood stop at El Ranchon in Elma for some good vittles.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
Endorsed
OP
 
Joined: Jan 2007
From: Sammamish, WA

I Ride: 05 BMW K1200S, 07 MV Agusta F4-1000R
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasl View Post
Here is a fun route. Not so crooked that you will beat the center stand to death, but definitely not a snoozer.

While you are in the neighborhood stop at El Ranchon in Elma for some good vittles.
Good stuff Texasl! The road to Wynooche Dam becomes NF-22. Is that paved?

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wynoochee_Dam

"The Donkey Creek Road (also Forest Service Development Rd 22) from Hwy 101 to the dam is currently closed for widening and paving of a 14 mile section of the road."

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
Moderator
Texasl's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Port Orchard, WA

I Ride: 2007 Moto Guzzi Norge, 1988 H-D (Project) Electra-Glide
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by ww73 View Post
Good stuff Texasl! The road to Wynooche Dam becomes NF-22. Is that paved?

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wynoochee_Dam

"The Donkey Creek Road (also Forest Service Development Rd 22) from Hwy 101 to the dam is currently closed for widening and paving of a 14 mile section of the road."
Glad you like the route. Last time I checked the road was good all the way to the dam.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
Permit
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Rochester

I Ride: '05 Bandit 1200, '84 VF1100S, '87 XR600
When did they pave that 14-15 mile stretch to the dam? The last time I was on it was a few years ago, like 5 years, but it was gravel for a LONG way. I had fun on my Bandit, but it was not smooth.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #8
Permit
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Rochester

I Ride: '05 Bandit 1200, '84 VF1100S, '87 XR600
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by ww73 View Post
Good stuff Texasl! The road to Wynooche Dam becomes NF-22. Is that paved?

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wynoochee_Dam

"The Donkey Creek Road (also Forest Service Development Rd 22) from Hwy 101 to the dam is currently closed for widening and paving of a 14 mile section of the road."
That stretch is from the coast road.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #9
Moderator
Texasl's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Port Orchard, WA

I Ride: 2007 Moto Guzzi Norge, 1988 H-D (Project) Electra-Glide
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
When did they pave that 14-15 mile stretch to the dam? The last time I was on it was a few years ago, like 5 years, but it was gravel for a LONG way. I had fun on my Bandit, but it was not smooth.
Been paved for a couple of years.

here is a recent review, spelling errors and all.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > Washington Riders > Westside > Olympia


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed