Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2006, 12:46 AM   #1
Railer
Johnny-B's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Apr 2005
From: SO. OREGON

I Ride: now and then
Wheelie Road
Is "wheelie road" still open or I guess, was it ever re-opened? My friends went there are couple years back and I never got to see it cause it got closed down.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 04-23-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
Race Qualifier
Spec's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
From: SE Portland, OR

I Ride: race-prepped '05 ZX6-R, '83 Yamaha XS400
Where the heck is 'wheelie road'? I know about 20 roads near me that could be one.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-23-2006, 05:09 PM   #3
Railer
Johnny-B's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Apr 2005
From: SO. OREGON

I Ride: now and then
It's someplace around portland I guess (that doesn't help at all I know) the way it was described was some industrial area that tons of cars and bikes would go to late friday/saturday nights and play around. It's supposed to be lit but it's not actually a road, more of an area. That's about the shittiest description of where something is I've ever done, i appoligize, I'm retarded

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-25-2006, 09:25 AM   #4
Endorsed
Juggalo Gsxr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
From: Medford

I Ride: I Wish Grey/Black Gsxr 600
'wheelie road'?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-25-2006, 09:33 AM   #5
Chicken Strips
PNW_636's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
From: Federal Way

I Ride: '03 ZX6R 636, 1996 Passat Wagon, 1990 Jetta GLI
i know in South hill Puyallup, if you go east on 156th (i think) and make a right on the road where the firestation is, there is an old air strip, might be a good place to practice (not that you are in washington, i just figured i'd put it out there)

hell i haven't been in washington for 9 years so it might be gone

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-25-2006, 09:36 AM   #6
Endorsed
Juggalo Gsxr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
From: Medford

I Ride: I Wish Grey/Black Gsxr 600
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_636
i know in South hill Puyallup, if you go east on 156th (i think) and make a right on the road where the firestation is, there is an old air strip, might be a good place to practice (not that you are in washington, i just figured i'd put it out there)

hell i haven't been in washington for 9 years so it might be gone
i lived in Puyallup for a while i havent been there for some time now

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-25-2006, 09:37 AM   #7
Chicken Strips
PNW_636's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
From: Federal Way

I Ride: '03 ZX6R 636, 1996 Passat Wagon, 1990 Jetta GLI
we used to go back there and street race in 90-91 (when i went to Rogers)

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-25-2006, 09:45 AM   #8
Endorsed
Juggalo Gsxr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
From: Medford

I Ride: I Wish Grey/Black Gsxr 600
Well I don’t think it was 90-91 because I was born in 89 band I wouldn’t remember anything I think I was in like 4th maybe just maybe 5th I remember my teachers name was Crouger like Freddy and I was scared to meet him

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-25-2006, 09:53 AM   #9
Chicken Strips
PNW_636's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
From: Federal Way

I Ride: '03 ZX6R 636, 1996 Passat Wagon, 1990 Jetta GLI
hahaha....yeah im kinda old

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-25-2006, 09:56 AM   #10
Endorsed
Juggalo Gsxr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
From: Medford

I Ride: I Wish Grey/Black Gsxr 600
or maby im just young

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-25-2006, 09:57 AM   #11
Permit
paulzx6r's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
From: Mill Creek

I Ride: Ninja ZX-6R
Theres a road that I go on all the time for wheelies in snohomish called River Road there are like 2 total houses on the whole road and no cops whatsoever... cause the road goes from everett to snohomish and cops dont go down there cause they would just turn around.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-25-2006, 10:03 AM   #12
Endorsed
Juggalo Gsxr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
From: Medford

I Ride: I Wish Grey/Black Gsxr 600
is this in oregon? by the valley?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-25-2006, 10:04 AM   #13
Chicken Strips
PNW_636's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
From: Federal Way

I Ride: '03 ZX6R 636, 1996 Passat Wagon, 1990 Jetta GLI
well if it goes from Everett to Snohomish it's safe to say it's in WA

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 05-25-2006, 10:06 AM   #14
Endorsed
Juggalo Gsxr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
From: Medford

I Ride: I Wish Grey/Black Gsxr 600
yeah thats what i was thinkin

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-06-2006, 04:31 PM   #15
Endorsed
KornFlake's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
From: Clackamas, Oregon

I Ride: Kawi 636
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-B
It's someplace around portland I guess (that doesn't help at all I know) the way it was described was some industrial area that tons of cars and bikes would go to late friday/saturday nights and play around. It's supposed to be lit but it's not actually a road, more of an area. That's about the shittiest description of where something is I've ever done, i appoligize, I'm retarded
go north on 181st. go through sandy blvd just as the road makes a left bend towards Airport way theres a road to the right, thats "Wheelie rd".. got run outa there a few times.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #16
Streetfighter
GSXR-RACER's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
From: Pasco, Washington

I Ride: 04" Mladin Edition
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-B
Is "wheelie road" still open or I guess, was it ever re-opened? My friends went there are couple years back and I never got to see it cause it got closed down.
That is in Willsonville OR.
I remember how to get there, going south on I-5 take willsonville exit turn right then take a quick left go down the road abought 1/2 mile and it's on your right.
Local cops were there when we were doing wheelie's,they said they rather have us do them there than on the main street's. And Johnny you missed the fun dude...

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-06-2006, 10:27 PM   #17
Race Qualifier
Spec's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
From: SE Portland, OR

I Ride: race-prepped '05 ZX6-R, '83 Yamaha XS400
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR-RACER
That is in Willsonville OR.
I remember how to get there, going south on I-5 take willsonville exit turn right then take a quick left go down the road abought 1/2 mile and it's on your right.
Local cops were there when we were doing wheelie's,they said they rather have us do them there than on the main street's. And Johnny you missed the fun dude...



Both KornFlake and I live about 1.5 miles from that road. I know that's a great road, but I don't think it's the one he's thinking of.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-07-2006, 07:56 PM   #18
Endorsed
KornFlake's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
From: Clackamas, Oregon

I Ride: Kawi 636
no there is one here in wilsonville.. it was the original one back in the day.. it's a great rd for wheelies except it's crowned so you drift to one side. plus theres a few manholes you have to look out for.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-28-2006, 01:32 PM   #19
Permit
 
Joined: Jun 2006
From: mcminnville
what kind of things would u do on wheelie road?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Spec; 06-28-2006 at 02:16 PM..
 
Old 06-28-2006, 02:16 PM   #20
Race Qualifier
Spec's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
From: SE Portland, OR

I Ride: race-prepped '05 ZX6-R, '83 Yamaha XS400
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by v8zman
what kind of things would u do on wheelie road?
Absolutely nothing but twisties

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > Oregon Riders > Portland Region


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed