Thanks Tree1Thanks

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #61
Peg Dragger
xpertss's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
From: Portland.
Blog Entries: 1

I Ride: Like the wind!
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSk8rKid View Post
Where about?
Lived here my whole life, haven't seen many unmarked cars. :/ Truck was a first one for me.



__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by xpertss; 07-06-2011 at 02:09 PM..
 

Old 07-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #62
Novice Racer
RC51's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
From: Everett, WA

I Ride: Motorcycle
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolestuff View Post
The problem here is the basic rule. My car is more then capable of safely doubling the limit, and so is it's driver. Ask me how I know? Speed limits that where created for cars with 4 wheel drum brakes and no way to keep your butt in the seat are now obsolete. Most crashes in day to day driving are cause by people not paying attention, or driving beyond the limits of themselves and the vehicle. These laws are outdated and base on everyone being retarded. I know there are a lot of retards out there, so if you are one don't drive. I don't care how fast you are going or if you are just a dick.
I am sure that you and your car are more than capable of traveling at high speeds. Unfortunately, for the safety of others, we all have to drive at reasonable limits. The laws are created for the average citizen. That means everyone from 16 to 80+ who can legally drive. This also means vehicles from 1900 to the present. Do you really want granny or the teenager trying to keep up with traffic going 100 mph? Or how about the guy with the 1984 subaru that has three bald tires, worn out shocks and a brakes that hardly work? You want him coming off the freeway while you're stopped at the end of the off-ramp?

Almost every new road or roads considering a speed limit change have to undergo a traffic study to see what the accident rates are like with a certain speed limit. Almost all roads will start out with your normal 25 city/55 hwy and go from there.

Your point of view is also different than most who drive. As a motorcycle rider, you have become accustomed to paying more attention because your life depends on it more so on two wheels. In my experience, most riders also tend to take better care of everything they own that has an engine.

“ Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSk8rKid View Post
Even though I agree with RC51, it's still not entirly true. Not jut by me, but by lots of others. That get pulled over for no reason, not a single thing wrong with the vechile or do anything wrong.
My last pull over in Beaverton was for no reason. Besides the fact he liked my bike, but he could have given good reason to pull me over.
Sometimes you'll get pulled over for no reason. It's happened to me in cars too. Unfortunately with the riding season around, every year the police will try and crack down on non-endorsed riders. And those riders have zero excuses for not having an endorsement. I'll take a random stop every now and then if it means that a couple more riders out there will be forced to follow the same stupidly simple rules that the rest of us responsible people have been doing for years.


“ Quote:
Originally Posted by pentaxis View Post
Why are there so many people that get so aggressive about "YOU BROKE THE LAW" that get so tied up in the holier than thou attitude?

Ride how you want. Yes it is breaking the law if you speed. But realize the true motives for why they have many laws in place. 50 Miles per hour on an 8 lane highway with a center jersey barrier is instituted for revenue collection, no other reason.

Instead of jumping on the high horse and proclaiming "YOU BROKE THE LAW, YOU ARE A PIECE OF SHIT", analyze the situation, use some of your precious I's and Q's, and see that blindly following anything just for the sake of following is a fools game, and embracing such activity while denouncing free thinking has far worse repercussions than an occasional lowly speeding ticket.

Food for thought.
As stated earlier: It's not getting aggressive over "you broke the law". It's bringing up the simple fact that people bitch about getting tickets for things they know damn well they shouldn't have been doing, and then they bitch about it. Man up and pay the ticket/get a lawyer and quit whining like a little girl. If you don't have the money for either of those, then skirting the law on a public roadway isn't the smartest thing to do.

I don't think anyone is a piece of shit for breaking the law. I've sped pretty much my entire life. I did some really dumb shit when I was younger, inluding running from the police on a Ninja 250 (yes, I got away). Since I've gotten older, I've just gotten wiser about where and when to do it. I haven't had but one ticket on my record in the last five or so years, and that was in my truck. I have been gotten a couple dismissed in WA, and done the probation thing twice down here (gotta love counties that don't talk to eachother).

Following the speed limits just to follow the speed limits isn't a "fools game", and breaking them isn't "free thinking". A fools game is bitching about getting caught doing something like speeding, "free thinking" is finding a constructive way to change the world around you, not bitching about shit you have done nothing to change.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #63
Railer
BikerSk8rKid's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Inner SE Portland, Oregon

I Ride: 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (636)
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Sometimes you'll get pulled over for no reason. It's happened to me in cars too. Unfortunately with the riding season around, every year the police will try and crack down on non-endorsed riders. And those riders have zero excuses for not having an endorsement. I'll take a random stop every now and then if it means that a couple more riders out there will be forced to follow the same stupidly simple rules that the rest of us responsible people have been doing for years.
Wait, are you a cop? lol
From my understanding, all they have to do is run the plate number and it'll tell you if that person is licensed or not.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #64
Novice Racer
RC51's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
From: Everett, WA

I Ride: Motorcycle
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSk8rKid View Post
Wait, are you a cop? lol
From my understanding, all they have to do is run the plate number and it'll tell you if that person is licensed or not.
No I am not a police officer. I have given it some thought though. We will see what happens after I graduate at the end of the year, and if I can get a job as an engineer. Having the wife and kid has steered me away from jobs that might kill me like law enforcement or going back into the military.

Just because the registered owner is endorsed, doesn't mean the guy on the bike is endorsed.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #65
Permit
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Seattle, WA
i know this is PNW, but I've seen a few pulled over in Cali... by a damn toyota camry.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #66
Railer
BikerSk8rKid's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Inner SE Portland, Oregon

I Ride: 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (636)
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
No I am not a police officer. I have given it some thought though. We will see what happens after I graduate at the end of the year, and if I can get a job as an engineer. Having the wife and kid has steered me away from jobs that might kill me like law enforcement or going back into the military.

Just because the registered owner is endorsed, doesn't mean the guy on the bike is endorsed.
Yeah I know, but that's how they usually look at it.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #67
Shredder
307T's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
From: Washington County

I Ride: when the weather is nice
to RC51's comments about taking a little personal responsibility if you get caught doing something.

I may be mistaken but I think that there has to be a reason for you to be pulled over. LEOs will sometimes follow a person for blocks (miles, even) looking for something wrong in the driver's actions or with a mechanical problem with the vehicle. Lane changes without signaling, following too closely, illegally mounted plates, for example. Often times they will ask you, "Do you know why I stopped you?" I'll post this also in the "Ask An Officer" section too. Sure, I'd bet that a bunch of forum members will pop up with tales of intolerable cruelty by the police, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #68
Streetfighter
odin544's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Kennewick, Washington

I Ride: '08 Ducati 848 , '08 R6
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by 307T View Post
to RC51's comments about taking a little personal responsibility if you get caught doing something.

I may be mistaken but I think that there has to be a reason for you to be pulled over. LEOs will sometimes follow a person for blocks (miles, even) looking for something wrong in the driver's actions or with a mechanical problem with the vehicle. Lane changes without signaling, following too closely, illegally mounted plates, for example. Often times they will ask you, "Do you know why I stopped you?" I'll post this also in the "Ask An Officer" section too. Sure, I'd bet that a bunch of forum members will pop up with tales of intolerable cruelty by the police, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.
LOL

People get pulled over for speeding and then cry they are being profiled. Comical!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #69
Railer
BikerSk8rKid's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Inner SE Portland, Oregon

I Ride: 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (636)
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by 307T View Post
to RC51's comments about taking a little personal responsibility if you get caught doing something.

I may be mistaken but I think that there has to be a reason for you to be pulled over. LEOs will sometimes follow a person for blocks (miles, even) looking for something wrong in the driver's actions or with a mechanical problem with the vehicle. Lane changes without signaling, following too closely, illegally mounted plates, for example. Often times they will ask you, "Do you know why I stopped you?" I'll post this also in the "Ask An Officer" section too. Sure, I'd bet that a bunch of forum members will pop up with tales of intolerable cruelty by the police, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.
Everytime I get pulled over I will ask why and the times I was randomly pulled over. Every cop didn't have a reason...

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #70
Newbie
 
Joined: Jan 2011
From: estacada, oregon
is armand a cop????
cops didn't start using unmarked cars until the voters started turning down the the additional taxes to support them. now they turn to tricks. you may not like my opinon but thats why i love being an american like it or not ftc's

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #71
Streetfighter
odin544's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Kennewick, Washington

I Ride: '08 Ducati 848 , '08 R6
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman View Post
cops didn't start using unmarked cars until the voters started turning down the the additional taxes to support them. now they turn to tricks. you may not like my opinon but thats why i love being an american like it or not ftc's
lol tricks? Do they trick people into speeding or breaking other laws?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #72
Training Wheels
 
Joined: May 2011
From: Kent, WA

I Ride: '03 KTM 125sx
im waiting for the day that the leos start using very green vehicles to hide themselves among regular cars like the prius or the leaf...

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #73
Training Wheels
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Porkland

I Ride: 2006 Kawi ninja zx6r
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSk8rKid View Post
Where about?
Lived here my whole life, haven't seen many unmarked cars. :/ Truck was a first one for me.
You live within a few miles of me how can you not see them

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-07-2011, 01:14 AM   #74
Railer
BikerSk8rKid's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Inner SE Portland, Oregon

I Ride: 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (636)
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsiboi View Post
You live within a few miles of me how can you not see them
Do you go up and down Foster? because I've been seeing a new 636 lately, 1 or 2. lol
Um I don't know, maybe I just don't pay much attention or can't remember. haha

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #75
Training Wheels
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Porkland

I Ride: 2006 Kawi ninja zx6r
I sold you frame sliders and rear pegs

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-08-2011, 04:44 AM   #76
Parts Collector
dscott3509's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
From: Milwaukie

I Ride: Triumph Tiger 800
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSk8rKid View Post
Um I don't know, maybe I just don't pay much attention or can't remember. haha
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsiboi View Post
I sold you frame sliders and rear pegs


biker: any recent knocks to the head?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #77
Licensed
jvlrc51's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: salem, oregon

I Ride: rvt1000 sp2
Haven't been to this site in several months. Love reading the mayhem most of you create. Let's consider this: in Oregon it is illegal to speed up to pass, you're stuck behind slow moving car/truck, whatever. When it is legal and safe to pass they speed up causing you to speed up to make a safe pass and you get the ticket?????

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #78
Pit Crew
SoloSix's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: Sacramento, NorCal

I Ride: 2009 R1 2007 GSXR 750 RACE BIKE 2008 SV650 RACE BIKE 2012 NINJA 250 RACE BIKE
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand View Post
give'em a ticket for illegal driver side window tint
You know what .. I Totally respect LEO's for various reasons.. There are some out there with Hard ons for bikes and I dislike it cause "I ride a Bike" However .. I COMPLETELY DISAGREE With UNMARKED COP Cars on Traffic Stops or Doing RADAR. I get it "Detectives" need to be unmarked so they can do their job quietly .. Then the cop pulls you over and hes riding dirty with blacked out windows ..Im Like "REALLY" .. then ya get a little smart ass about his windows or mentioning entrapment and he lays down the roost with a barrage of small equipment tickets that have no point value but still cost money..Times are hard , economy is baked and these guys are stealing from us ...

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #79
Pit Crew
SoloSix's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: Sacramento, NorCal

I Ride: 2009 R1 2007 GSXR 750 RACE BIKE 2008 SV650 RACE BIKE 2012 NINJA 250 RACE BIKE
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by jvlrc51 View Post
Haven't been to this site in several months. Love reading the mayhem most of you create. Let's consider this: in Oregon it is illegal to speed up to pass, you're stuck behind slow moving car/truck, whatever. When it is legal and safe to pass they speed up causing you to speed up to make a safe pass and you get the ticket?????
And they wonder why alot of bikes out there are hiding or removing their plates and running .... I witness a bike running from the cops atleast 1-2 times a month and hear abouit many more .. The cops are gettin g beat and its forcing them to "HIDE" or ride "UN MARKED" So this is my opinion and sm all theory on this matter

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #80
Pit Crew
SoloSix's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: Sacramento, NorCal

I Ride: 2009 R1 2007 GSXR 750 RACE BIKE 2008 SV650 RACE BIKE 2012 NINJA 250 RACE BIKE
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdownbro View Post
why so butthurt? are we even allowed to use bad words on this forum?
DUDE ...They are "SERIOUS" about keeping this place RESPECTFUL..I popped off a couple times and stepped over the line .. I got served for it too..Banned for a month .. I like this site so I just decided to play by the rules .. I should have all along but so many other forums I belong to allow alot of lets say LUDE BEHAVIOR.. So yeah .. I was an A@@ and got checked for it .. I recommend just abiding by the rules .. For reals

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > Oregon Riders > Portland Region


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed