Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #41
Licensed
DucatiDon's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Nov 2007
From: P-Town

I Ride: I Ride by Braille
Pics thanks to Ryan @ ThreeSixtyPhotography.com




__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 06-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #42
Railer
KNanthrup's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
From: Issaquah, WA

I Ride: '09 Honda CBR1000RR, '95 BMW R1100GS, '98 KTM EXC 380SM
Looks good behind a Ducati!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #43
Licensed
trinc's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
From: pdx

I Ride: vstar 1100
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiDon View Post
Pics thanks to Ryan @ ThreeSixtyPhotography.com



the Duc is sweet... but that 10 is bada$$ !




looking good Don

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #44
Licensed
DucatiDon's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Nov 2007
From: P-Town

I Ride: I Ride by Braille
Officially 181+ at the wheel.....

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #45
Streetfighter
Lee650's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Milwaukie, Oregon

I Ride: S1000RR, 990 SM-T
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiDon View Post
Officially 181+ at the wheel.....
What kind of modifications did you have to do to get that HP?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-14-2012, 11:15 PM   #46
Licensed
DucatiDon's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Nov 2007
From: P-Town

I Ride: I Ride by Braille
ECU flash and Slip on.

Stock is about 165.
Slip on is worth about 177. ($800)
ECU flash ($300) and slip on gets the 181.

The ECU just allows the motor to rev to 13.5k the US ECU caps the power at 11k.

The power is there...the US ECU wont let you have it. Thats why the ZXs look so weak in the comparos.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2012, 06:12 AM   #47
Railer
FZ6Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
From: Wilsonville, OR

I Ride: S1000RR & Track R6
Slip on alone gets you 12hp but the flash only 4hp?
Maybe its the other way around?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #48
Licensed
DucatiDon's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Nov 2007
From: P-Town

I Ride: I Ride by Braille
If you look at the dyno chart:

The stock ECU wont rev past 11k...the chart reads about 162 at that RPM. (Thats with the exhaust) Keep in mind that the Race tire saps about 5 hp difference from same bike, same dyno on a street tire.

Sorry, the 177 I quoted was what the dyno made with just the ECU flash fuel map.

The ECU and pipe gains are complementary, not cumulative.

SO what Ive seen on other forum members are 165-ish bone stock
180 with ECU flash
185-ish with exhaust on top of ECU.

I havent seen a stock ECU with exhaust...I would guess about 170. (slip on is worth about 5hp and the full system, maybe 10hp)

Those numbers ar inline with what we see with mine. And Dyno number vary...so comparing them is futile.

Easy to get 190-200 hp out of these with a SS build.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #49
Railer
FZ6Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
From: Wilsonville, OR

I Ride: S1000RR & Track R6
They can do over 200WHP and EDR did it to Portter ZX10


It would be interesting to see what can be done to S1000RR, but I wont dump the money to do it since its enough for me.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #50
Streetfighter
Lee650's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Milwaukie, Oregon

I Ride: S1000RR, 990 SM-T
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiDon View Post
If you look at the dyno chart:

The stock ECU wont rev past 11k...the chart reads about 162 at that RPM. (Thats with the exhaust) Keep in mind that the Race tire saps about 5 hp difference from same bike, same dyno on a street tire.

Sorry, the 177 I quoted was what the dyno made with just the ECU flash fuel map.

The ECU and pipe gains are complementary, not cumulative.

SO what Ive seen on other forum members are 165-ish bone stock
180 with ECU flash
185-ish with exhaust on top of ECU.

I havent seen a stock ECU with exhaust...I would guess about 170. (slip on is worth about 5hp and the full system, maybe 10hp)

Those numbers ar inline with what we see with mine. And Dyno number vary...so comparing them is futile.

Easy to get 190-200 hp out of these with a SS build.

Looks like the ECU is a nice cheap way of gaining almost 15 HP.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #51
Streetfighter
Lee650's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Milwaukie, Oregon

I Ride: S1000RR, 990 SM-T
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ6Rider View Post
It would be interesting to see what can be done to S1000RR, but I wont dump the money to do it since its enough for me.
There was an EDR built S1000RR at PIR the same day and a couple of times we came around turn 9 together and he flat out pulled away from me. Not sure what was done to that bike but it had some extra HP. I've got a video of it and will post it up.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #52
Licensed
DucatiDon's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Nov 2007
From: P-Town

I Ride: I Ride by Braille
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee650 View Post
Looks like the ECU is a nice cheap way of gaining almost 15 HP.
True Lee. But frankly, it should have come that way from the factory. The EU versions do. But $300 is cheap, comparatively.

Too bad the bike mags cant compare with the flashed ECU. I think it would be a whole different story.

But, hey....whatever. I could have had a BWM or a Panigale.....I dont care which is better, just which is right for me.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #53
Streetfighter
Lee650's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Milwaukie, Oregon

I Ride: S1000RR, 990 SM-T
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiDon View Post

Too bad the bike mags cant compare with the flashed ECU. I think it would be a whole different story.

But, hey....whatever. I could have had a BWM or a Panigale.....I dont care which is better, just which is right for me.
You are soo right, that's why they make so many different bikes.

Here is the EDR S1000RR.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #54
Training Wheels
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Longview
Hey guys. I haven't posted here much. New to the area and the site. Also, not a track guru by any means, but hope to do more.

Anyway, I had a 2010 S1000rr (sold) and now have a 2012 ZX10r.

Both bikes are fast as hell. The BMW is the better package as they come stock.

The Ninja is just like the name implies. It comes in behind these other bikes in all these comparos. I wish they would test them without the ECU restriction. Get the ECU flash and the Pipe and the new ZX is a beast. I honestly like the bike much better than my S1000. On top of the power (which feels just as strong as the BMW) the ZX is lighter and handles sooooo well. This is the most confidence inspiring ride in the corners. The front end is so nice with the BPF. I also find the riding position more comfy than on the BMW. I have to admit I was always a little worried as to the long term reliability of the beemer engine too. I have never seen such large metal shavings during oil changes as I did on that bike.

Just my thoughts from someone who has had both. They are both great. I like the fact the magazines cause everyone to look past the ZX until they see what you can uncork from it!

I still want a panigale to add to the stable though!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by kawininja; 06-16-2012 at 08:35 PM..
 
Old 06-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #55
Endorsed
Flaco's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: portland, or

I Ride: BMW R1200S - alive & kickin' Daytona 675
hey lee --
HP be damned - at least you got the guy going into 1 !!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #56
Superbiker
ddonacazx12's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Camas, Washington

I Ride: 05 zx12r
more skill won out in the end...

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #57
Licensed
TeeDub21's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Vancouver, WA

I Ride: 2007 Toyota Tundra 4X4
Don, the ECU flash does more than just raise the rev limiter. The one Don Guhl does opens the secondary butterflies earlier and holds them open longer plus his map ads in 6 degrees of timing advance. I think the claims are almost 20hp for just the ECU flash. Maybe not the peak number but if I recall it was 20hp somewhere in the chart. Mine with the flash, map and Graves full system made 184.8.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #58
Chicken Strips
Solow89's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
From: Was Silverdale,WA now in CT

I Ride: '14 DRZ400SM , '08 ZX-6R
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDub21 View Post
Don, the ECU flash does more than just raise the rev limiter. The one Don Guhl does opens the secondary butterflies earlier and holds them open longer plus his map ads in 6 degrees of timing advance. I think the claims are almost 20hp for just the ECU flash. Maybe not the peak number but if I recall it was 20hp somewhere in the chart. Mine with the flash, map and Graves full system made 184.8.
sorry for this nubly comment, but is the ECU flash a kawi thing only? or a newer model thing only? cause if not i'd love to get my honda into the shop for this....

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #59
Licensed
TeeDub21's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Vancouver, WA

I Ride: 2007 Toyota Tundra 4X4
Probably for newer bikes. Check into ECU Unleashed. Some bikes benefit more than others, the new ZX10r is one of them.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #60
Chicken Strips
Solow89's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
From: Was Silverdale,WA now in CT

I Ride: '14 DRZ400SM , '08 ZX-6R
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDub21 View Post
Probably for newer bikes. Check into ECU Unleashed. Some bikes benefit more than others, the new ZX10r is one of them.
by the looks of things id say not gonna happen...my bikes to old for it... o well 150 hp is still plenty!!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > Oregon Riders > Portland Region


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed