mrmat25

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #21
Licensed
kenr74's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Dundeeberg, OR
Saw this on the news. What an asshole.


__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by kenr74; 07-29-2012 at 06:37 PM..
 

Old 07-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #22
Peg Dragger
Skinjured's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: Prineville or

I Ride: Cbr 1000rr
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr74 View Post
Saw this on the news. What an asshole.

Wow, that's sad.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #23
Pit Crew
Anastasia's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: Portland Oregon

I Ride: nothing currently. crashed the 1000 :(
I hope it was quick for her. And I hope he was alive long enough to realize what he did. Maybe a little longer.

Best of thoughts to the family and friends.

Nothing but hate and anger to the rider.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #24
Streetfighter
Tromatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Portland

I Ride: Yamaha Warrior
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr74 View Post
Saw this on the news. What an asshole.



Just me, but I always felt I had an obligation to not take any chances when carrying a passenger.

“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Udoggie View Post
Hopefuly someone will learn from the horrible events.
Probably not.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Tromatic; 07-28-2012 at 06:41 PM..
 
Old 07-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #25
Railer
Mrmat25's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
From: Vancouver, Washington
Blog Entries: 1

I Ride: because it makes me happy.
I have seen less damage on a truck when it hits a telephone pole. That had to be a messy and sad scene. RIP to the riders and speedy recovery to the injured.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Mrmat25; 07-28-2012 at 06:35 PM..
 
Old 07-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #26
Newbie
 
Joined: May 2012
From: Tigard, OR
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromatic View Post
Sucks he had to kill his passenger.

No shit, fuckin dumbass

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #27
Streetfighter
Tromatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Portland

I Ride: Yamaha Warrior
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySM View Post
No shit, fuckin dumbass
Posterity. You sound like one of those guys who won't learn jack from this.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Tromatic; 07-28-2012 at 06:39 PM..
 
Old 07-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #28
Retired
mfrankpdx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Maryland

I Ride: Team Orange
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromatic View Post
Posterity. You sound like one of those guys who won't learn jack from this.
I won't learn from this either, what's your point? Some of us had the common sense to ride responsibly with a passenger before hearing of this incident.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #29
Streetfighter
Tromatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Portland

I Ride: Yamaha Warrior
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrankpdx View Post
I won't learn from this either, what's your point? Some of us had the common sense to ride responsibly with a passenger before hearing of this incident.
Then you are not one of those I'm talking about.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #30
Licensed
kenr74's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Dundeeberg, OR
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromatic View Post


Just me, but I always felt I had an obligation to not take any chances when carrying a passenger.


Probably not.
Exactly. When my wife or son is with me I'm responsible for their lives. Stuff can happen to anybody but this was completely avoidable. He is lucky to be dead.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #31
Shredder
307T's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
From: Washington County

I Ride: when the weather is nice
Enough already. No need to fillet anyone any longer. Two people are dead. Two people are injured, one very seriously. It's not very productive to wonder if anyone will learn anything from this. Some already know better and it will not stay in the memory of others for very long. Say a prayer for the families of those affected and thank the Lord for our first responders.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #32
Streetfighter
Tromatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Portland

I Ride: Yamaha Warrior
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by 307T View Post
Enough already. No need to fillet anyone any longer. Two people are dead. Two people are injured, one very seriously. It's not very productive to wonder if anyone will learn anything from this. Some already know better and it will not stay in the memory of others for very long. Say a prayer for the families of those affected and thank the Lord for our first responders.
RIP to this young lady.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #33
Permit
r1200r's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Tigard, OR

I Ride: 2012 BMW R1200R Classic
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromatic View Post

Ironically the idiot rider studied "Funeral Services"... go figure.

This is the kind of thing that angers me more than any "Cager" doing something stupid... especially from a guy who's in his mid 30's... What a horrible thing for her parents to know their daughter was killed this way by this moron..

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #34
Streetfighter
Tromatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Portland

I Ride: Yamaha Warrior
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by r1200r View Post
Ironically the idiot rider studied "Funeral Services"... go figure.

This is the kind of thing that angers me more than any "Cager" doing something stupid... especially from a guy who's in his mid 30's... What a horrible thing for her parents to know their daughter was killed this way by this moron..
This one has me actually angry. Dunno why.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #35
Endorsed
calmdownbro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
From: beaverton

I Ride: tu madre
My bro says his friend lives right near the accident. Body parts everywhere...

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #36
Streetfighter
fijiman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: Beaverton, OR

I Ride: Fijian Style...
Very close to my place...sad.

RIP.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #37
Licensed
Daves02r6's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Tigard

I Ride: 02 R6
May Heaven have a special place for her, that God gives her a chance to watch her children,,,cause this was an idiots fault. May she RIP, Bikes are cool for all, but the reality of when you put others in harms risk .... You must ride with the thought of protecting them at all costs means to ride very conservatively. Every time. He rode stupid with a women who had the right to her life and times ahead. So damn SAD !

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #38
Training Wheels
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: SW Portland, Oregon
Just thinking...this is one of those that really sucks. Reckless riding on your own is one thing, but when you're two-up, it's not the time for that. This was a 24-year-old mom of three that is no longer around for her children.

That sucks beyond sucking.

Damn. That is all.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #39
Shredder
307T's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
From: Washington County

I Ride: when the weather is nice
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedReaper View Post
...Reckless riding on your own is one thing, but when you're two-up, it's not the time for that.
Another important point you seem to have missed; even if he was solo he still injured two other people, one seriously.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #40
Newbie
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Beaverton
Question To All the People with Responses.
I have honestly stumbled upon this forum by accident and what I saw has made me sick to my stomach.

Some of you people with so much anger towards this issue. I know both of the deceased. Most importantly I know the friends of both of them, I hand out with them on a fluent basis. And just looking at some of the messed up crap some of you have said just makes me angry and speechless.

What you haven't payed attention to is the fact that Keith has two children and the girl has 3 children. What you don't know is that the girls kids and parents were on a camping trip when this all happened. And now they have been notified just because they showed up yesterday. Keith was a great rider, for some reason unknown Keith felt he had a decent good distance to over take two vehicles.

Don't turn this around people, anyone of us have tried to pass another vehicle. We were just lucky that no other vehicles came out of nowhere.
It could have easily happened to any of us on a random day. The worst part of it all is that he wasn't too far away from his destination.

To the kid that said "body parts were everywhere"! Stop being soo dramatic, just because you said that gives me more belief that your a drama queen/king. Her body parts were not decapitated in anyway, she snapped her neck on impact, and he was found mangled in a bush. They almost ruled it as a three person wreck until they found him.

But keep in mind, the only reason I'm posting in here, is to specifically set the damn record straight. And the families and friends are having a really really hard time with this right now.

My best-friend was just hanging out with the kids of the deceased last night, and they both have a daughter named Emma. My friend was in tears soo bad last night because the kids had absolutely NO clue what had just happened.

It is really truly a scary situation, For any of you riders, You can also be just as experienced at riding a bike like even he was. But you have no control over your life. You take chances everyday. So this could be you at anytime. Think what if the breaks go out, a rod goes out, anything can happen expectantly. So don't pretend that this happened all because of Keith..... It very well could have been because of him, but don't rule out other possibilities.

" STOP THINKING, THIS WON'T HAPPEN TO ME, I'm SMARTER THAN THAT "

I'm sure that was also going through his mind as well...

And for the record people... THAT message on Facebook......

IT was sent over two weeks prior to the incident. So don't place them together hand and hand and turn it into a negative thing.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > Oregon Riders > Portland Region


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed