mrmat25

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #41
Streetfighter
Tromatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Portland

I Ride: Yamaha Warrior
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by iclogic View Post
It is really truly a scary situation, For any of you riders, You can also be just as experienced at riding a bike like even he was. But you have no control over your life. You take chances everyday. So this could be you at anytime. Think what if the breaks go out, a rod goes out, anything can happen expectantly. So don't pretend that this happened all because of Keith..... It very well could have been because of him, but don't rule out other possibilities.
Bullshit. Two are dead for one very specific reason. You are exactly one of those people I was talking about.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 07-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #42
Retired
Desvio's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
From: SE Portland / Bucerias, Nayarit Mx

I Ride: 03' CBR1100XX, 84 GL1200A
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by iclogic View Post
Don't turn this around people, anyone of us have tried to pass another vehicle. We were just lucky that no other vehicles came out of nowhere.
It could have easily happened to any of us on a random day. The worst part of it all is that he wasn't too far away from his destination.
It's understandable that in your grief you would lash out on a forum that you 'just' stumbled upon, but reality hit your friend like a truck coming in the opposite direction at night on a road that is well known for being hard to see. Most of us understand that passing on a double yellow turns your statement of "could have happened to anyone" into an innocent young woman's death and two others being very critically injured because of his stupid move to pass on a double yellow in less than ideal conditions.

Wake the fuck up and start riding responsibly and using this as an example for others to do the same. Your will increase you survival rate.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #43
DGA
Moderator
DGA's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Portland, Oregon

I Ride: naked
Alright cowboys and cowgirls, let's all just pull back on the reins a bit and slow down.

Regardless of what happened and how, two people are dead, one seriously injured, and many lives gravely impacted. Some discretion would be much appreciated.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #44
Permit
r1200r's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Tigard, OR

I Ride: 2012 BMW R1200R Classic
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by iclogic View Post
I have honestly stumbled upon this forum by accident and what I saw has made me sick to my stomach.

Some of you people with so much anger towards this issue. I know both of the deceased. Most importantly I know the friends of both of them, I hand out with them on a fluent basis. And just looking at some of the messed up crap some of you have said just makes me angry and speechless.

What you haven't payed attention to is the fact that Keith has two children and the girl has 3 children. What you don't know is that the girls kids and parents were on a camping trip when this all happened. And now they have been notified just because they showed up yesterday. Keith was a great rider, for some reason unknown Keith felt he had a decent good distance to over take two vehicles.

Don't turn this around people, anyone of us have tried to pass another vehicle. We were just lucky that no other vehicles came out of nowhere.
It could have easily happened to any of us on a random day. The worst part of it all is that he wasn't too far away from his destination.

To the kid that said "body parts were everywhere"! Stop being soo dramatic, just because you said that gives me more belief that your a drama queen/king. Her body parts were not decapitated in anyway, she snapped her neck on impact, and he was found mangled in a bush. They almost ruled it as a three person wreck until they found him.

But keep in mind, the only reason I'm posting in here, is to specifically set the damn record straight. And the families and friends are having a really really hard time with this right now.

My best-friend was just hanging out with the kids of the deceased last night, and they both have a daughter named Emma. My friend was in tears soo bad last night because the kids had absolutely NO clue what had just happened.

It is really truly a scary situation, For any of you riders, You can also be just as experienced at riding a bike like even he was. But you have no control over your life. You take chances everyday. So this could be you at anytime. Think what if the breaks go out, a rod goes out, anything can happen expectantly. So don't pretend that this happened all because of Keith..... It very well could have been because of him, but don't rule out other possibilities.

" STOP THINKING, THIS WON'T HAPPEN TO ME, I'm SMARTER THAN THAT "

I'm sure that was also going through his mind as well...

And for the record people... THAT message on Facebook......

IT was sent over two weeks prior to the incident. So don't place them together hand and hand and turn it into a negative thing.

Not withstanding the high speed, the double yellow line and other judgement issues.... wasn't there alcohol involved? I just want be absolutely sure because this makes a big difference in how I'd view it, not that he was "a good rider" in his judgement to pass in that spot, at that time and at that speed... WITH a passenger on his bike.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #45
Post Whore (In Training)
Dragon Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
From: Portland OR

I Ride: wee-strom, klx250s
Sad all around.

If you are a driver, every passenger has placed their lives in your hands. Try to respect that.


If you are a passenger, you are placing your very own life, in the hands of the driver. Understand that.


Lesson over.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #46
Streetfighter
Tromatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Portland

I Ride: Yamaha Warrior
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by r1200r View Post
Not withstanding the high speed, the double yellow line and other judgement issues.... wasn't there alcohol involved? I just want be absolutely sure because this makes a big difference in how I'd view it, not that he was "a good rider" in his judgement to pass in that spot, at that time and at that speed... WITH a passenger on his bike.
Where did you get the alcohol from? Is there a link, please?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #47
Shredder
taznhell's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
From: Cornelius, Oregon

I Ride: Everyday
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Rider View Post
Sad all around.

If you are a driver, every passenger has placed their lives in your hands. Try to respect that.


If you are a passenger, you are placing your very own life, in the hands of the driver. Understand that.


Lesson over.
If you are on the road with other vehicles it is their life as well, they do not deserve being the object of your stupidity. Lesson: Ride responsible and Sane you will make it home alive and do no harm to others.

I am sending prayers to the families and the passenger of the truck fighting for her life. It is truely tragic children will not see their parents again.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #48
Post Whore (In Training)
Dragon Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
From: Portland OR

I Ride: wee-strom, klx250s
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by taznhell View Post
If you are on the road with other vehicles it is their life as well, they do not deserve being the object of your stupidity. Lesson: Ride responsible and Sane you will make it home alive and do no harm to others.

I am sending prayers to the families and the passenger of the truck fighting for her life. It is truely tragic children will not see their parents again.
good point

#3. At all times, everyone else on the road is trusting that you don't do really assh$t stupid shit that can kill them. Try to go with that, save the stupid $hit.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #49
Licensed
kenr74's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Dundeeberg, OR
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by iclogic View Post
" STOP THINKING, THIS WON'T HAPPEN TO ME, I'm SMARTER THAN THAT "
100% wrong. This was completely avoidable. Obviously most of us are amazed at the riders stupidity. Taking an innocent persons life makes it even worse. How many people will suffer because of his actions?

DON'T MAKE EXCUSES FOR HIM.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by kenr74; 07-31-2012 at 07:10 AM..
 
Old 07-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #50
Peg Dragger
Quicklimegirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
From: Vanquivering with Kevin in WA.

I Ride: Kawasaki Z1000; Yamaha RZ350 (2); Yamaha RD400 (2); Yamaha RD350 (2); Yamaha RD125; Yamaha RD60; Kawasaki '72 G5-100; '66 Suzuki X-6 Hustler FINALLY!!
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by iclogic View Post
I have honestly stumbled upon this forum by accident and what I saw has made me sick to my stomach.

Don't turn this around people, any one of us have tried to pass another vehicle. We were just lucky that no other vehicles came out of nowhere.
It could have easily happened to any of us on a random day.

So don't pretend that this happened all because of Keith.

Your grief is certainly understandable. It's tough to lose friends, and horrible that not only these children have lost parents, but the folks in the pickup have also had their lives changed through no fault of their own. I know what it's like to go through this; my ex-husband was killed on his MC in 2004 because of a bad decision someone driving a car made, also resulting from a ill-timed attempt to pass someone. So I'm not unsympathetic to the affected parties.....but here's the deal:

You are unable to think logically about this. First off, if someone uses extremely poor judgement, passing in a no passing zone, where it's hilly and therefore has limited sight distance, it's one thing if they hurt or kill themself, that's bad enough. But taking such foolish chances with a passenger? That's absolutely and totally inexcuseable. Period.

All we can do now is hope the families can get through this as well as possible, and pray that the critically injured truck driver can recover, physically and mentally, from the trauma inflicted upon them by the thoughtless and totally avoidable poor decision he made.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #51
Pit Crew
gyanzick's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
From: Selah, Wa

I Ride: KTM 525 EXC Tard! GSXR 1000! KTM 450 SXF!
Just lock this thread... Bad judgment was made, let a sleeping dog lie.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #52
Peg Dragger
DanielE36's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: Issaquah Washington

I Ride: 2010 Ninja 250r Sold & 99 R1
Rest in peace to both of them. Prayers for the families and children, Cant imagine what they must be going thru.. I have children of my own and riding alone is a decision that i made knowing there could be consequences from it. everyday i learn something new but i know for a fact passing will be something i will reconsider..

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #53
Licensed
inod3's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
From: Shoreline, WA

I Ride: 2002 Suzuki Bandit 600S
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by iclogic View Post
Some of you people with so much anger towards this issue. I know both of the deceased.
Why don't I believe you? Kind of sick to troll the dead.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #54
Newbie
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Beaverton
In response to all
I understand how you all can possibly look at this in such a negative way. I suppose without knowing for sure, everyone will be a bit lost as to what happened at that exact moment. I cannot state for the record that he was or wasn't on anything. He had a past history of enjoying life to its fullest.

As for the rest of the people, They stated speed was a factor, And Im almost positive it wasn't just on an account of his own actions. I am sure that the 2 that were injured were also going at a high rate of speed.

What I dislike the most about all of the responses from many of you. Is that you do not even know this person, and you are quick to judge him. Only because a cute girl was killed in the process. I see reckless people doing stupid stuff every day im out and about. Passing people in cars and trucks on narrow roads. I see people run red lights and yellow lights. I've had friends get struck on bicycles because the lack of attention drivers out on the road have. but ive been on that road several times. sometimes its hard to see someone coming in the opposite direction on that road. And if they were also traveling at a high rate of speed, then I'm sure his judgement could of been miscalculated. Also Alcohol could be another judgement factor. However, Toxicology records are not released. So no one knows yet.

I will state for the record. If I do find out that Alcohol played a roll in this as well.. My personal opinion will most definiately change.

All I am asking is that you people please respect the deceased. They both were taken from this earth, and all we can do is assume until further notice. So please for the sake of the friends and family close to all those involved in this incident near or far. Be respectful of what you say.

"We the people give everyone the freedom of speech, And it seems some just go and abuse the right to have it."

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #55
Superbiker
tims007's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: your moms basement

I Ride: i ride bitchrider : a 2000 triumph sprint st a 99 triumph tiger and " das car"
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by iclogic View Post

"We the people give everyone the freedom of speech, And it seems some just go and abuse the right to have it."
as a military veteran .. you are welcome to be able to say what you like weather or not i agree with you
hence the freedom of speech is just that a freedom that you and i take for granted everyday ..
and the mater of fact is that in this country you actually do NOT have freedom of speech. i would point out what i mean but im to lazy and im on my phone so i cant link examples .. so maybe from every other persons point of view your the one abusing the freedom my fellow veterans and I gave you ... or from others maybe it is I that am abusing it .. but there in lie's the beauty of it....
its a freedom that if we didn't abuse it we would end up like north Korea and well im not giving up my speech or freedom

keep the dream alive my friend and my condolences to all people involved in this accident .. it sucks but hey shit appends and then we all die

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #56
Streetfighter
Tromatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Portland

I Ride: Yamaha Warrior
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by iclogic View Post
I understand how you all can possibly look at this in such a negative way. I suppose without knowing for sure, everyone will be a bit lost as to what happened at that exact moment. I cannot state for the record that he was or wasn't on anything. He had a past history of enjoying life to its fullest.

As for the rest of the people, They stated speed was a factor, And Im almost positive it wasn't just on an account of his own actions. I am sure that the 2 that were injured were also going at a high rate of speed.

What I dislike the most about all of the responses from many of you. Is that you do not even know this person, and you are quick to judge him. Only because a cute girl was killed in the process. I see reckless people doing stupid stuff every day im out and about. Passing people in cars and trucks on narrow roads. I see people run red lights and yellow lights. I've had friends get struck on bicycles because the lack of attention drivers out on the road have. but ive been on that road several times. sometimes its hard to see someone coming in the opposite direction on that road. And if they were also traveling at a high rate of speed, then I'm sure his judgement could of been miscalculated. Also Alcohol could be another judgement factor. However, Toxicology records are not released. So no one knows yet.

I will state for the record. If I do find out that Alcohol played a roll in this as well.. My personal opinion will most definiately change.

All I am asking is that you people please respect the deceased. They both were taken from this earth, and all we can do is assume until further notice. So please for the sake of the friends and family close to all those involved in this incident near or far. Be respectful of what you say.

"We the people give everyone the freedom of speech, And it seems some just go and abuse the right to have it."
You being the appointed guardian of appropriate speech? I've been very restrained so far, but your defense of this guy is already wearing thin. You ARE one of those guys who will learn nothing from this. Two dead, a number of lives ruined for one very specific reason. Any ideas?

“ Quote:
Originally Posted by iclogic View Post
I cannot state for the record that he was or wasn't on anything. He had a past history of enjoying life to its fullest.
That will be my defense if it comes to that, thanks. You should just stop trying to defend you pal, you are not doing him any good.
ETA: Now you've got me wondering about a license and insurance.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Tromatic; 07-30-2012 at 09:54 PM..
 
Old 07-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #57
Retired
Desvio's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
From: SE Portland / Bucerias, Nayarit Mx

I Ride: 03' CBR1100XX, 84 GL1200A
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by iclogic View Post
As for the rest of the people, They stated speed was a factor, And Im almost positive it wasn't just on an account of his own actions. I am sure that the 2 that were injured were also going at a high rate of speed.
You're a real piece of work with this comment, deflecting on the other drivers? Seriously?

I still find it interesting you stumbled across this thread by chance. Trolling you're friends tragic accident on forums is creepy and sad.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #58
Endorsed
 
Joined: Oct 2011
From: Portland

I Ride: ZX6R
If they were so close to their destination why pass two cars on a double yellow at night? Saves you 1 or 2 minutes in most cases.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #59
Retired
mfrankpdx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Maryland

I Ride: on and off road
Just for the record, if I die doing something stupid on my motorcycle, please, I don't want anybody on this forum to come to my defense and try to absolve me of any responsibility. I am accountable for my own actions and behavior, thank you very much.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #60
Moderator
Are_Six's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
From: Seattle

I Ride: A badelynge of Duc's
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrankpdx View Post
Just for the record, if I die doing something stupid on my motorcycle, please, I don't want anybody on this forum to come to my defense and try to absolve me of any responsibility. I am accountable for my own actions and behavior, thank you very much.


I know I've made stupid decisions riding, passing people into blind corners at high rates of speed, etc. But I learned not to do stupid shit like that any more.

This rider made a terrible decision and got himself, and his passenger killed, and put a passenger in the truck in the hospital in critical condition. RIP to him, that could have been a number of us.

But we got lucky, when he didn't. So take this opportunity to change your behavior and not have to rely on luck to survive. It's something to think about when you are out riding, maybe check twice before passing... Maybe wait until you have a better view up the road.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > Oregon Riders > Portland Region


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed