Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
Chicken Strips
BCspur's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jun 2011
From: Lakewood, WA

I Ride: Suzuki GSXR 600, 2003 Honda CBR F4i
Hwy 101 Gravel section
Hwy 101 after Duckabush has some construction on it and has gravel for about 5-10 miles. May have been shorter distance, but felt like 10 miles!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 08-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
Chicken Strips
BCspur's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jun 2011
From: Lakewood, WA

I Ride: Suzuki GSXR 600, 2003 Honda CBR F4i
Oh yeah and there doing chip seal on Hwy 8

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #3
Pit Crew
LivnLife4Fun's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: Poulsbo, WA

I Ride: that's right, I #^($* RIDE!!!
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by BCspur View Post
Hwy 101 after Duckabush has some construction on it and has gravel for about 5-10 miles. May have been shorter distance, but felt like 10 miles!
that was just a few miles south of Quilcene... Major hwy suddenly turning into a 3 mile gravel road - WSDOT!!!


wtf is up with the road construction around Quilcene? every single year there's been some major PITA roadwork in that area!!!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-20-2012, 06:34 AM   #4
Moderator
Texasl's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Port Orchard, WA

I Ride: 2007 Moto Guzzi Norge, 1988 H-D (Project) Electra-Glide
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by LivnLife4Fun View Post
that was just a few miles south of Quilcene... Major hwy suddenly turning into a 3 mile gravel road - WSDOT!!!


wtf is up with the road construction around Quilcene? every single year there's been some major PITA roadwork in that area!!!
Perhaps it's beacuse that area takes a serious pounding, both traffic and weather wise all year.

As for the road "suddenly" turning into gravel, I went through there last Thursday and there was plenty of signage warning about delays and chip seal. After that I had a great ride all the way down the canal.

With our short construction season road repairs is just a fact of life, something that riders should be aware of and prepare for. YOu cannot rail on chip seal, but it is highly navigable. You just need to exercise restraint and practice throttle control.

My $.02

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
Pit Crew
LivnLife4Fun's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: Poulsbo, WA

I Ride: that's right, I #^($* RIDE!!!
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasl View Post
Perhaps it's beacuse that area takes a serious pounding, both traffic and weather wise all year, mmkay?

As for the road "suddenly" turning into gravel, I went through there last Thursday and there was plenty of signage warning about delays and chip seal, mmkay? After that I had a great ride all the way down the canal.

With our short construction season road repairs is just a fact of life, something that riders should be aware of and prepare for. YOu cannot rail on chip seal, but it is highly navigable. You just need to exercise restraint and practice throttle control, mmkay?

My $.02 mmkay.
fix'd
thanks for your input mr. mackey













__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > PNW Riders > Ride Reports


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed