Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #21
Shredder
OP
 
Joined: Feb 2011
From: Tacoma, WA

I Ride: 2001 RC-51
Bus toucher O.o

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 04-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #22
Chicken Strips
MurderedAsRx's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
From: Graham/Puyallup

I Ride: 2009 Speed Triple, 2008 CRF250R
im late to this, but glad you got a GoPro. i LOVE mine. also sick vid with the cam behind the bike. ill have to try that

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #23
Licensed
dwc032's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
From: Central Oregon

I Ride: Scooter....U know, the one like Tom Meherns
The gopro is a great camera!!! Here is a vid of me and a buddy on 218 near Fossil.


__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #24
Shredder
OP
 
Joined: Feb 2011
From: Tacoma, WA

I Ride: 2001 RC-51
VERY nice, this is my most current video with the new GoPro



Noticed some of the video is low quality and artifacting. Good ol' Youtube. Trying to learn how to use Power Director 9

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #25
Moto2 Contender
courier11sec's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
From: where they don't have lawns.

I Ride: on the storm.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsyco View Post
Mount it like this guy did haha - XD

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #26
Shredder
OP
 
Joined: Feb 2011
From: Tacoma, WA

I Ride: 2001 RC-51
Why does he seem so damn happy about being a dumb-ass?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-21-2012, 07:20 AM   #27
Newbie
 
Joined: Jan 2010
From: Tacoma, WA
I like all the videos. Question for the experienced. What program do you use for uploading the videos to YouTube. Took me forever to get the one uploaded and had to turn the sound off.

Thanks

Rick
http://youtu.be/isZ489UyGy0

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #28
Shredder
OP
 
Joined: Feb 2011
From: Tacoma, WA

I Ride: 2001 RC-51
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DSZR1 View Post
I like all the videos. Question for the experienced. What program do you use for uploading the videos to YouTube. Took me forever to get the one uploaded and had to turn the sound off.

Thanks

Rick
http://youtu.be/isZ489UyGy0
Power Director 9

It actually, when you're ready to produce after editing ( Which it has AWESOME features for ). You can directly log into your youtube account and it will save, and upload in one sitting to your account.

No need to export, then upload it does it all :O

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #29
Novice Racer
Debi's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
From: Renton, WA

I Ride: 05 KTM450SMR, 04 YZF250 and one bad ass Truck hehe
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DSZR1 View Post
I like all the videos. Question for the experienced. What program do you use for uploading the videos to YouTube. Took me forever to get the one uploaded and had to turn the sound off.

Thanks

Rick
http://youtu.be/isZ489UyGy0
I use AVSforyou and works great
http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Edi...FakZQgodTUQrVw

I also have Sony Vegas Pro but have yet to use it

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #30
Newbie
 
Joined: Jan 2010
From: Tacoma, WA
Thanks Debi and CBRSkidrow !!!!!


Rick

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #31
Streetfighter
reppinthe509's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
From: Spokane, WA

I Ride: laundry baskets down staircases.
if there's a piece of advice I could give you is to make a leash for it, especially with the suction cup. i just used a piece of paracord and i tie it off to what ever so in the chance the suction fails you wont lose it on the freeway or in a lake or whatever.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #32
Peg Dragger
jetblast117's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
From: University Place, WA
Blog Entries: 8

I Ride: 2011 Victory Zach Ness Vegas #64
i just use windows movie maker and then upload through the uploader. my chest cam video i posted was uploaded in 20 minutes due to 720p encoding and using one of the encoding settings in WMM.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #33
Shredder
Veloc's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Tanasbourne, OR

I Ride: '08 R6, '07 S2R 1000, '10 Ninjette #791
Out of curiosity, what makes your GoPro blow your Contour out of the water?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #34
Shredder
OP
 
Joined: Feb 2011
From: Tacoma, WA

I Ride: 2001 RC-51
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloc View Post
Out of curiosity, what makes your GoPro blow your Contour out of the water?
Quality
Options
Sound
Accessories
Uses MP4, not .MOV files
Does not require software installed to change camera settings

My only complaint, is that the GoPro is not a "bullet" cam and does not have the rotating lense. So mounting on a helmet in a sleek, unintrusive manner is non existent for the Pro

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #35
Shredder
Veloc's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Tanasbourne, OR

I Ride: '08 R6, '07 S2R 1000, '10 Ninjette #791
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRSkidrow View Post
Quality
Options
Sound
Accessories
Uses MP4, not .MOV files
Does not require software installed to change camera settings

My only complaint, is that the GoPro is not a "bullet" cam and does not have the rotating lense. So mounting on a helmet in a sleek, unintrusive manner is non existent for the Pro
I feel ya on the QT format... Never understood why anybody besides Apple would use it. .MOV as a container is pointless.

But the rest of it seems fairly subjective. No arguments from me, just wondered if there were solid objective reasons. I've got two Contours (and one on the way), and have been really happy with them (especially the ContourGPS - love the mobile app). Was worried I am missing out on something.

Thanks for the quick answer!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #36
Shredder
OP
 
Joined: Feb 2011
From: Tacoma, WA

I Ride: 2001 RC-51
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloc View Post
I feel ya on the QT format... Never understood why anybody besides Apple would use it. .MOV as a container is pointless.

But the rest of it seems fairly subjective. No arguments from me, just wondered if there were solid objective reasons. I've got two Contours (and one on the way), and have been really happy with them (especially the ContourGPS - love the mobile app). Was worried I am missing out on something.

Thanks for the quick answer!
Mobile surfing, and bored sitting in a waiting room. lol

I had the Contour ROAM, the low end of their Contour cams.

Contour caps on frames as well, I hated the slow-mo options because they were capped at 30FPS so why the hell would I slow it down, just horri-bad. I love my Contour still, just the picture quality in 960p mode was really washed out, and grainy compared to the GoPro in comparable settings.

Like I said tho, I have the low end Contour

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #37
Shredder
Veloc's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Tanasbourne, OR

I Ride: '08 R6, '07 S2R 1000, '10 Ninjette #791
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRSkidrow View Post
Mobile surfing, and bored sitting in a waiting room. lol

I had the Contour ROAM, the low end of their Contour cams.

Contour caps on frames as well, I hated the slow-mo options because they were capped at 30FPS so why the hell would I slow it down, just horri-bad. I love my Contour still, just the picture quality in 960p mode was really washed out, and grainy compared to the GoPro in comparable settings.

Like I said tho, I have the low end Contour
Heh, that's the one I have on order. Want it for daily riding, so I need something to hold up to rain and other abuses. Also it has that universal mount lug IIRC.

FPS didn't really bother me so much, since YouTube caps all vids at 30fps, and neither brand can do more than 30fps @1080p. I capture 720p @ 60fps for the higher-speed stuff (track days). 120fps would be nice, but not at WXGA resolution. Don't have any monitors in my home capable of displaying 120fps anyway (LCD TVs only do 60Hz, even those "120/240Hz" liars), so it'd just cause video tearing.

I do feel ya on the variety of mount options available for the GoPro. More mounts made specifically for that camera. I guess Contour figure that if you want more than their meager selection, you should just get their universal adapter and buy proper professional gear. That's what I'm likely to end up doing, but it's still kinda "WTF..."

Need to figure out a vibration damper. Mounting to the tank makes the video all wibbly-wobbly.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #38
Pit Crew
PushingTheLimits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Puyallup

I Ride: 2000 ZX7R (sold) 2005 636 (Sold) 2008 ZX6R
Ive been playing with a gopro for about a year now, and this is what ive come up with. If you put the Gopro at 720P at 60FPS, quality is amazing. I also use the waterproof back door on the bike because the open door gives to much wind noise. Give it a shot. Wont be disappointed.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #39
Shredder
OP
 
Joined: Feb 2011
From: Tacoma, WA

I Ride: 2001 RC-51


First real use, this last Sunday.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 04-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #40
Chicken Strips
LSeca's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
From: Puyallup

I Ride: '08 1098, '12 300 xcw, '12 RMZ 450
Good stuff Alan, bike sounds great.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > Washington Riders > Westside > Tacoma-Puyallup

Tags
skidrow on top


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed