close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

13' zx10r clutch

Discussion in 'Mechanical & Technical' started by Kormane, Dec 21, 2014.

1. So I laid down my 2013 zx10r in a parking lot on freshe wet asphalt at about 10mph a few scratchs and a broke front brake lever nothing big but after I picked it up and started riding it home its now harder to shift before I just a flick of my foot and it's in gear now it takes one or two flicks with some effort and a popping sound like I'm going in first from a stop it wasn't that bad of a lay down and I can't think of why the clutch is acting up now any clue

2. Is it a hyd clutch?
    If so...bleed it

3. RedKat600

RedKat600 Vintage Screwball Staff Member

Clutch is on the right side....same side as the brake lever. I'd be checking the clutch cover, clutch actuator arm, and cable. ASAP. Area circled in red. Check for cracks and proper function. If you crashed on the right side, it's the only thing that really could affect the clutch.

Another possibility though is the shift linkage. Maybe your boot hit it weird and bent the shift rod as you went down? Check that too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  4. It's not hydraulic and the case is clean not a mark or dent all the cables are intact and nothing shows any sign of being bent or out of place just the bar ends and exhaust and a little bit of scratches on the farings

5. I have personally seen where a little POP on side, in the no intended by design direction of force, will dislodge or upset small internal components like needle bearings, circlips, etc. Once bought a lightly dropped ZX-10 for pennies on the dollar because the owner was sure the transmission had been buggered. took it apart and the only cause of not shifting was a 69 cent E clip that became dislodged from its groove and let the shift shaft move over 1/16th of an inch.

It sucks to have to disassemble, but gaskets and oil are relatively cheap.

6. RedKat600

RedKat600 Vintage Screwball Staff Member

+1