close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1986 honda rebel cmx 250 project

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by zombie, May 1, 2013.

1. well last sunday started working on my first bike with silviefox was a lot fun here are some photos we took enjoy

[​IMG]

so here its is before i started working on it

[​IMG]

a side view of it notice the that the gas tank as some bondo on it lol some one had keyed a huge X on top of it. thats how i got it. poor bike

[​IMG]

ok so here i am sitting on my bike just took off the gas tank seat and handle bars

[​IMG]

all right just put on new handle bars and i must say looks a lot better now and feels a lot more comfortable :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

ok time to paint the tank with a temp paint job

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

looking a lot better than i did lol nice semigloss black for now ill be repainting the hole bike this winter

[​IMG]

and here it is all put back together with its new rear turn signals witch were a bit of a pain to put on as they did not want to fit where the stock ones were but drill a few holes and bam easy as pie

a big thanks to [MENTION=28088]silviefox[/MENTION] for helping me out (ok he did most the work but hey i was there helping and learning) hope you all enjoyed thanks for reading :mrgreen:

2. glad to help hun... cant wait to get it all the way done so you can ride to work

3. yes i cant wait either getting a lot closer to that goal

4. yup yup just need to get your license
    thats the #1 goal

5. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator Staff Member

Good work guys, it's going to be a great Summer!

6. thanks and i sure hope so :mrgreen:

7. james1300

james1300 Track School Dazed

You guy's are ROCK'IN that 250!:mfclap:

8. thanks so much lol cant wait till this winter so i can really customize it i have a few ideas im still playing with in my head

9. KevinD

KevinD Modulator Staff Member

It need a bigger headlight...

:)

Good job!

kevinD

10. thats the stock light, its actually a tinny bit bigger in diameter then the bobstars headlight tho not as bright

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  11. thanks for your input.hmmmm i havent really thought about touching the head light. i bleave the one thats on it stock. :mrgreen: ill have to look into that

12. thank you for the info :mrgreen: much appreciated and yah im sure ill miss this bike once i trade up to a bigger one one of these days

13. ok just want to thanks [MENTION=22826]RedKat600[/MENTION] [MENTION=11813]curveaddict[/MENTION] and im sorry if im mistaken you for some one else [MENTION=14495]fyrejunkee[/MENTION] for all the help and info on my carb. i had a great time and learned alot. again thanks guys i really appreciate it.

also have a little bad news. went out this moring to work on the carb some more to try and get it running right but my bike wont start at all. i turn the key to the on position but its not getting any power at all. i checked the battery fuses and wiring harness they have power and seem normal. so i think my starter died or is guncked up. so if any one have suggestions or any info please let me know thanks

14. jnicola

jnicola Shredical

Personally I would check the following:

1- Battery voltage. A low battery won't do anything.
    2- Stand it up, put it in neutral and put the kickstand up. Sometimes those sensors go bad and it won't even try and start.
    3- If the above doesn't resolve it, see if the headlight even comes on. If it does, try jumping the relay/solenoid/whatever you've got by putting a screwdriver accross the contacts.

More than likely I'd bet on battery voltage...

15. battery is fine and every thing its more of acting like the ignition is not working you turn the key and nothing happens no lights no nothing

16. ok it looks like its a loose ground wire behind my fuse box that comes loose every so often luckly the ignition is working fine.

17. ya that will no longer be a problem once we tear it down clean and rebuild everything....

i still think we need a new carb.... and fix the holes in the exhaust