2 Guys, 1 Truck at 2AM - Bike Almost Stolen (Caught them on video)

Discussion in 'Westside' started by Enzo, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Enzo

Enzo
    Expand Collapse

My motorcycle was almost stolen last night, and I happen to catch it on camera. Can you guys help me identify the type of truck? Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxWs_v_57As

Sorry for the low quality, but I think you can visibly see them in action. Please excuse my grammar and spelling errors as I was infuriated, and was rushing to complete the video so I can show it to everyone ASAP.

This is the only damage they caused, before my built alarm chased them off.

http://i.imgur.com/asGCV.jpg

It would seem that they're targeting specific bikes, as you can see from the end of the video - my neighbor's Ninja 650 is directly in front of my bike. He does not have any bike cover, or alarm, and he only has a "bicycle" chain... and yet they targeted my Yamaha R6?

Thanks guys! The police has already been tipped... like it matters :roll:

EDIT: One of my neighbor's identified it as a Silver Dodge Ram either extended or megacab, so be on the look out in your area.

#1 Enzo, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  2. Mince2534

Mince2534
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    2008 Husqvarna SMR510 (street) 2005 Suzuki GSX-R600 (race)
    Looks like a newer style Dodge Ram.. AT LEAST THEY DIDNT GET IT

3. MMACK

MMACK
    Expand Collapse

Looks like its a late model Dodge Ram, On full screen you can see destinctive lines on the fenders similiar to this one:

[​IMG]

4. MMACK

MMACK
    Expand Collapse

Scratch that, after zooming in after the alarm trigger, It looks more like a Tundra, like this probably a 2006ish :

[​IMG]

5. Enzo

Enzo
    Expand Collapse

Good call Mack!

6. DanielE36

DanielE36
    Expand Collapse

Ram for sure.. Man glad they didnt take it.

7. james1300

james1300
    Expand Collapse
    Track School Dazed

Move your bike to another location. They know its there. They know it has an alarm.

8. mulletman

mulletman
    Expand Collapse

I doubt it's a Tundra. Headlights scream Ram.

I agree about moving the bike. Do it now.

9. Andy Capp

Andy Capp
    Expand Collapse

This

And this.......or work out a "sting op" with cops and catch these amateurs before they get good at stealing bikes?

#9 Andy Capp, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  10. Stringcheese

Stringcheese
    Expand Collapse

That's a Dodge Ram quad cab. I agree completely about moving your bike.

11. robo28

robo28
    Expand Collapse

It is a 2009 or newer Ram. I had a 06 and just bought the 12. The wheels are the same as on my truck, which are the 20" five spoke chrome. That makes is a SLT trim model. As for your R6 glad you didn't looser her. There has been so many thefts. I as shocked to read so many stolen threads after being in Japan for a year.

12. Enzo

Enzo
    Expand Collapse

My new room mate will move in with me next week, and he is getting a garage. He said I could park my bike inside, as he himself is getting one next Month. However, until that happens, I will NOT be moving my bike... I actually want them to come back :)

The bike is tied to a post with this chain:

[​IMG]

It has a built-in alarm with a 2 way radio, and a perimeter sensor (I just got it set to a very sensitive setting - if a squirrel get within a foot it will tip me off). The bike has a built-in external battery, so it doesn't matter if they cut the power quickly. I would probably be next to them, smiling, by the time they took the alarm power off. Then I'd say "hey guys, you like my bike?! Unfortunately it's not for sale..." and have a decent chat with them. I have my window open now, and as you can see it's only 20 feet away from room.

Oh and I clipped this on both sides of the bike cover for everyone to see, hopefully they do too :)

[​IMG]

#12 Enzo, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  13. Davidian

Davidian
    Expand Collapse

Well played sir. Glad she didn't get stolen!

14. MB2

MB2
    Expand Collapse

You might try setting up a small camera on the car port cover. Catching a face, or license plate, would be gold. Once you have that, we can all keep an eye out. If my stolen Jeep could be recovered in less then 24hours from forum members on here, I don't see why we couldn't find those thieving bastards.

15. D675Freak

D675Freak
    Expand Collapse

I always wanted to set up a bait bike, kind of like bait car but the bike is a bomb instead. You can see where this is going.

16. Jeffytune

Jeffytune
    Expand Collapse

Here you go, print out one for each side of your bikes cover.

That'll fix it.

[​IMG]

#16 Jeffytune, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  17. Jeffytune

Jeffytune
    Expand Collapse

Be sure to tell your neighbors it's for security, not that you would shoot the complex up.

18. Jims08Z06

Jims08Z06
    Expand Collapse
    Bat Crazed

Just be cautious; their shooting about one person a day . If you startle them or get too good a look; They may feel it's better to take you out. I would sit up all nite myself if I could legally, meter out the kind of justice they deserve...AJ

19. Enzo

Enzo
    Expand Collapse

Well, I guess I'm the type of person who ain't afraid to get shot. I've seen plenty of action when I did my tour on Iraq and Afghanistan. If he points a gun at me, I'd tell him he better pull the f-ing trigger, because if he don't - I'll break that scrawny dudes neck... self-defense of course.

Jims08Z06 likes this.
  20. Grankor

Grankor
    Expand Collapse

+1 Ram