2006 DRZ400 Super Moto - 5500 Miles - $4500 OBO

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by Nick Wetterlind, Nov 17, 2012.

1. SOLD

I purchased this bike at the end of August from my friend Ben, fail wagon on here. I have come to the realization that this isn't the bike for me, as I am not really interested in riding it as hard as it was meant to be ridden.

55xx miles, oil changed with AMSOIL every 1000 miles. I am the 4th owner, I bought it at the end of August from Ben. He had bought it last January from a sponsored track rider. While at PGP the bike went down on both sides at low speed, the slider and hand guards did their jobs. Bike runs like a champ. Hasn't given me an ounce of trouble. Tires chain and sprocket all in good shape, and he put a new battery in it.

Mod list:
    -MRD/SSW pipe with Dynojet kit 160 main and 25 pilot 3.75 turn out if I remember correctly. Runs perfect, this pipe changed the bike completely.
    -Cycra Probend hand guards with the triple tree mounts, an extra $50 option
    -Protaper CR High bend 1 1/8" fat bars
    -Protaper bar mounts
    -1 1/4" bar risers
    -Zeta rubber killer bar mounts
    -Bar end mirrors mounted low for awesome visibility
    -Fan override switch, bike doesn't need it. I've never seen the fan come or hot light come on but I would rather keep it cool when sitting in traffic. Fan still comes on as normal, I can take it off in 5 minutes, back to stock if you don't want it.
    -SDG gripper seat
    -DRC Fender eliminator
    -DRC front turn signals and mounts
    -.40" Case covers (stronger than thumpertalk)
    -Skateboard wheel sliders, comes with a supermoto engineering rear slider that is slightly bent. Works fine I just didn't want to dish out $90 for a matching front
    -Machined delrin peg sliders
    -Custom Coolant reservoir bottle

Have a box full of spare parts extra plastics factory seat etc. Brake fluid and coolant were both flushed and replaced right before I got the bike.

Price is OBO, I know it's not a good season to sell a bike. That being said, I am not looking to take a HUGE loss right now (paid 4500 a few months ago) but offers are encouraged. I am moving very soon and need to free up some cash for that.

Can include a matte black dual sport helmet if you've got a cranium as big as mine (2xl)

Mostly looking for cash for said move/financial security, but I may be interested in trades too, I can always just wing it, I'd just prefer not to!

Picture I took while in Capitol Forest:

[​IMG]

Picture I took of Ben before I had any intention of buying this bike:

[​IMG]
    Sir Benjamin S. Williams by Nick Wetterlind, on Flickr

#1 Nick Wetterlind, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  2. Moving at the end of this year, offers are encouraged.

I am also not opposed to partial trades for tools.

3. Bring on the lowball offers! Need to round up some cash.

4. What kind of tools are you looking for. I have a ton of them

5. GoldenPenguin

still waiting for more pictures!

6. Damn sexy bike. I would have been tempted to buy this.