2006 gsxr600 Fi Light

Discussion in 'Mechanical & Technical' started by Toly, Jul 4, 2008.

1. hey this is konstantin my friend toly said that you guys know alot about gixxers so i was wondering if you would be able to tell me whats going on with my bike. i have a 2006 gsxr 600 and whenever i go to start my bike my "fi" light starts to flash at me. it runs kinda rich and backfires alot. i have to turn the bike on and off a couple of times in order for it to go off. so if you can please respond and tell me whats going on that would be hella cool my email is
    kostyagsxr600@gmail.com

thanks again for your time! Im not a member yet thats why Im on my buddies thing sending this out. let me know what could be causing that thing.

2. theJrod

theJrod Racer Extraordinaire

Step 3 - Stop saying "hella".

Step 4 - Profit.

3. dealer mode? Should my buddy try to sell the bike?

4. No,run a test/diagnostics on the bike, click link below:
    http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174828

Then tell us what code is showing.

This is a common problem with 06/07 Gixxers, normally its an exhaust valve problem, either it doesnt open or close all the way, nothing too much to worry about just needs to be adjusted.

5. or removed :)

6. liv4thekill

liv4thekill Mr. Lexus

pull the SET pin outta the ECU - problem solved :D

7. Well that would stop the light but I wouldn't call that solved as the valve would still be there in not necessarily in a fully open position.

8. Good chance your set valve needs to be adjusted or as some like to do remove the pos. But put it in dealer mode and check the code..check out g.ixxer. com for details on dealer mode and the codes

9. whats wrong with hella?

:tard: