close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

* 2011 Wednesday Westside Standing Ride *

Discussion in 'Portland Region' started by lena, Mar 27, 2011.

1. the roads up there are gonna be wetter the hell with no chance of drying out, plus all the dirt/grime/mud we saw last week will likely be slicker than snot.

thoughts? comments?

2. yea I think im gonna miss this one too, warm gym sounds much more inviting than cold wet skyline

3. I'm out. Had to work late, plus suffering with a cold.

Rob, you're welcome to take turns leading. I love your huge enthusiasm to do it. But, it may prevent others who would like to do it but are not so insistent.

I often look around and see others (Caslaw, Trunkmonkey, Joren, etc.) who I think would do a good job and ask them if they would like to give it a try. Maybe take that tack from time to time.

4. Well 2 of us non slackers showed up and rode on a clean and dry Skyline and Germantown. The only time we got wet was at Starbucks waiting for everyone else to not show up :nana

We both live westsidish so we just went to our respective homes.

Nice meeting ya Dirt7.

5. Post up a new thread in the Portland section for this weekend if you wanna ride. This thread is all about the standing wednesday ride. If you have an evening free on a Wednesday, come ride with some kick ass people.

6. DGA

DGA Moderator

Seriously, why don't you post this in the right thread? :scratchea

7. Yeah I plan on doing this ride often, class work permitting. Skyline wasn't bad at all today. Only a little damp near Rocky Point? Rd. Nice meeting you also
    H2O. My hands got a little numb on the ride home lol.

8. That's cool that it worked out for you two. I just had some major sleet here and it's gonna be super cold for the next few nights. You got lucky. Enough with the winter leftovers already! :angry7:

9. Ok, cool, sorry if I misunderstood your intentions.

Monday would be sweet!!! One of the few days when we have nothing going on! Even in Vancouver, I believe.

10. Rep buttons broke damn it.

You owe me 2 beers now. :thefinge:

11. no worries :evil4:

yea I only wanted to have a list open for really Anyone leading the ride, I know when I give the saftey speech I know im always forgetting SOMETHING important and then I remember halfway thru the ride, lol.... so I figured write it down. Basically "the Way We Ride" says it all but I know not everyone reads it, I think the passing thing is a good example, if it had been clearly outlined passing on a corner is not only stupid but extremely dangerous it never woulda happened... I am going to intentionally try to NOT lead Wednesdays this year, rather ill try to ride more mid pack in case slower people get lost or whatever... I hope the ride was good tonight...

and yea I think there needs to be a monday something or other to round out the week... was thinking of a possible friday evening thing too

12. 10-4 V, actually I think I will encourage others to lead, and then if no one wants to then Ill step in...Frankly Ive done it so much last couple years im looking forward to being mid pack...

13. i volunteer to be the slowest one there, thats if i ever show up....

14. I've thought about Friday standing rides and I think I even tried it a couple of times without much success. It's more difficult, because lots of people start their weekend early. So, they are looking forward to a ride to unwind, but as many have other plans, like getting drunk.

15. DGA

DGA Moderator

Yup!

16. Thanks for the vote of confidence Vaughn. I should lead one of these times. I totally would have last wed we rode if my bike was broken in. It just occurred to me last night talking with friends that my brand new left over 2009 bike has left over 2009 Dunlop Qualifiers on it. I think riding on Friday's is tough too, because even if I don't go drink...when the weather is nice I go to bed kinda early to get up and ride all day Sat. Or go out drinking Fri night lol

17. I dunno, some of my funnest rides, were leaving around 5-6 and doing a skyline thing then riding down to club dirty....

18. soooo anyone comign out tonight for West side wednesday?

19. weather looks good enough for riding, Sax and I will be there today

20. Can't make this one. At PSU doing work...trying lol. Next time.