close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2012 So. Oregon Camping Trip; 24-26 August! Or...

Discussion in 'Bend' started by Jakobi, Apr 11, 2012.

1. The Cove is the most popular state park. They do have a group camp area that is separate from the main park. I am not sure what the requirements are but maybe worth checking. Fossil Loop is a good ride. I did it last week.

2. cascaderider

cascaderider Moderator Staff Member

Yeah there's no reason to not do the Fossil ride. No reason at all. This of course means no alcohol for CR the night before!

3. There is also Lake Simtustus, Have been there a couple times... Nice little park and kind of a hole in the wall... Not sure if you can reserve anything though...

4. If the almighty schedule will allow, I'd like to join you guys this year! I love eastern oregon but don't know it at all, so this would be perfect to acquaint myself with the roads.

I've been to simtustus before and really enjoyed it. The RV Park seemed friendly to the group of bikers that were camped there and didn't seem to mind any of our drunken tomfoolery, but while we were there also found a less developed campground that looked promising. I can't find it anywhere on the internet though and i doubt you can reserve it. I think it may be at the end of BIA Rd 242/M-101 Rd.

5. cascaderider

cascaderider Moderator Staff Member

We'd love to have you, solunatic! Make the almighty schedule bow to the Annual Southern Oregon Campout. You have 4 months to make it so. :)

6. Have you thought about wiciup res. It's just outside of lapine. Nice campgrounds pretty nice roads around it too :)

7. Would love to join, but that is opening weekend of archery season and the freezer is officially empty now. A man has to eat.

8. Who the hell are you and why do you want to go on OUR camping trip????
    I don't see you starting anything on this thread.

9. So. The Cove Palisades State Park? There was still a block of spots the last time I looked.

-Jake

10. What about that Group Camp Area?

Group (tent): $75, 25 people maxiumum

25 of us plan to go the breakdown would be what, $6 each?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  11. I pulled the first trigger. Got B91, you guys should get B1-B4 and B89-B94. Reserve Friday till Monday if you want to relax on Sunday after Saturday nights shenanigans...:drunk:

[​IMG]

12. Just saw your post Varment... whoops, oh well, I can always cancel.

13. A group site sounds good to me. If I don't hear any objections I'll reserve it tomorrow night.

-Jake

14. Hello!!! Joemama here!!

I think we should do the Friday to Monday like we talked about last year. I think Click and I are going to head down and stay Thursday night as well, but we can get a small one for the one night.

And Clicks says to Iceman "great, now I have to make a stout!"

Oh, by the way, WERE IN!!!!!!!!!!!
    :mrgreen:

15. Forget Iceman. Click needs to make a stout for me. I'm tired of all this IPA BS. If Click is feeling real generous he'll make an oatmeal stout...or a milk stout...I miss Snow Plow. Anyway, I'm thinking the group site for two nights unless more people want to stay until Monday.

-Jake

16. I'm confirming myself as one of those 25, even if location changes. Also, three nights is supported by me. The schedule shall bow to the camping trip :devil:

:scared I may even be able to swing down to burning man after this... what an excellent week that would be!!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  17. Anyone else backing me on staying until Monday??

18. We will be riding saturday. We should all hook up in Hepner or Spray and do a loop around Eastern Oregon.

19. If I have the time I'm there 'til Monday but I won't know until mid June.

-Jake

20. I'm in, For those that want to stay the extra night(s) tent spots are $20 a night, grab a buddy and split it... I'm probably going to head home Sunday Since I have to use a vacation day for my high school reunion in June. Not sure if I will have the days available to take both Friday and Monday off....