close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2013 Ducati Hyperstrada - $8500

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by ChiChi, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Putting out a feeler for my 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, 9,7XX miles, plus a few each day for the commute. Bought it new off the showroom floor at Vancouver Ducati BMW. At 110hp and ~419lb soaking wet, with v-twin torque, it has enough go for speed freaks and stunters alike.

For those who doubt in this welterweight spitfire's ability to tour, last summer I rode it from Seattle to Anchorage via Banff, Skagway, Fairbanks, and Kenai, carrying food and shelter, averaging 60mpg.

Here's a nice writeup for some perspective on what it's like to ride.

Service History:
    Oil changed a little less than 1K ago as part of the 9K service at Ducati Seattle. All scheduled services and TSB's done at Ducati Vancouver (BC), Ducati Bellevue, or Ducati Seattle. Pilot Power 3's installed at Alaska Cycle Center in Anchorage. As I shipped the bike back, only 1200 or so miles on them to date.

Farkles:
    I'm a functional guy, so the bike is pretty stock. It does include an AltRider cargo rack, aftermarket heated grips, and a dual-port USB charger plugged into the factory GPS connector. I also added a Matte carbon fiber mid-pipe heat shield for some subtle style points, and have a mesh rad gaurd in my closet which I never got around to installing.

From the factory, it comes with a plastic sump gaurd, touring screen (relative to a fly screen), touring seat, semi-rigid locking panniers, and two Powerlet 12V outlets.

Wear and tear:
    Only a few minor niggles to report. The worst of it is light scuffing on the matte finished tank fairing decals, I forgot to mask under the tank panniers prior to my tour to AK (detailed photo in the link below). There are a few odd scratches on unpainted plastics, and a few boot scuffs on the bags.

Photos:
    Here's an album of photos I could find, and a few fresh ones from this morning. Additional photos available upon request.

Thinking about something more roomy for two-up. Done a couple weekend tours with the wife, but as both of us are bigger than average, it's pretty cramped.

Feel free to make me an offer, but you probably already know what it's worth. Keep in mind it's fully documented. I'll probably be at Backfire in Ballard next Wednesday if you're interested in taking a look, or possibly this weekend if there's serious interest.

Cheers,
    --Cheech