close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2014 Beginners Ride to Baker City

Discussion in 'Central' started by MCRIDER007, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Last May we had a Spring Ride to Kamiah, ID to kick off the 2014 riding season and this year's Fall ride will again be to Baker City, Oregon on Saturday, September 13.

Baker City is one of our favorite riding destinations. It is a historic town in east central Oregon and pretty easy to get to from the Tri-Cities, one option is to get on the freeway and follow the signs south, another option is to take the long way through the mountains on some of the best motorcycling roads in the Northwest.

There are several "long" ways to get to Baker City, most are about 220-250 miles and will take 5-7 hours depending on speed and stops. This is again advertised as a "Beginners" ride but it is actually a ride for everyone. We will have a beginners group that will be tailored to meet beginner rider's needs....slower speeds and more frequent stops. Experienced riders can make their own groups and plan their own routes. Anyone not wanting to ride in a group can just show up at the motel and take advantage of our group rates.

Our hosts at Baker City will be the Oregon Trail Motel located at 211 Bridge Street. It is an older but very biker friendly motel and a short walking distance to downtown. Our group rates (including tax) for this event are the same as last year, $38 for a single and $49 for double beds. You are responsible for making (and canceling) your reservation, just call the Oregon Trail at 541-523-5844 or 888-523-5882 and tell them you are part of "Steve's Ride". These room rates are also available to PNW Riders on Friday, September 12, if you would like to leave early and make it a long weekend and on any Sunday through Thursday the rest of the summer if you are in the area and need a room.

The Beginner's Group will leave the Clearwater Starbucks' parking lot at 9:00 AM on September 13. Please post in this thread or send me a PM if you are a beginner or would prefer to ride in the Beginner's group so I can ensure that we have enough experienced riders to mentor the beginners.

Last year we enjoyed the company of about 10 riders from Sport-Touring.Net who choose to have their Fall ride in Baker City that weekend. I don't know if they will be there this year but it is being discussed on that site.

See you in Baker City on September 13th.

Riders

MCRIDER007
    Burphel
    Wistrick
    riceman plus 1

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  2. Woohoo! Baker City really is amazing riding country. Lots of nice twisties if you want to ride like a madman, and great scenery if you feel like going slow enough to notice it.

I'll fire off an e-mail to the scheduling folks. Hopefully I don't have another conflict pop up again this year.

3. I am in....and I am willing to help out wherever needed.....

Dan

4. IN. I'll arrange child care so the mrs. can come too. Count us in for the beginner's group.

5. Sounds like fun. I am trying to get some exercise. Can I just walk over to the festivities?

6. Its only 4 weeks before we leave for Baker City. Is anyone else planning to make this ride? :scratchea

7. Planning on attending with the Mrs, need to call and set a reservation.

Sent from my QMV7A using Ohub Campfire mobile app

8. I can't make it this year. Not on that weekend at least. Sorry guys!

9. I am unable to edit the original post but this is the rider list to date:

Riders

MCRIDER007
    Burphel
    Wistrick plus 3
    riceman plus 1
    VegasWolf plus 1
    Buckwheat
    Ludi509

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  10. A salute to you, Steve. You really do a service to PNW Central riders with your "Beginner rides" early in the season (Kamiah), and late in the season (Baker City). We have made several of the Kamiah trips and they have been great. We have missed every one of the Baker City trips and have heard that they have been great, too. Unfortunately, we will miss this year's Baker City one also, but have a great and safe trip.
    Rod

11. Thanks Rod, I heard that you and Julie have a pretty good excuse for missing the Baker City ride. Have fun! :mfclap:

12. Im gone try to make it i just asked my boss for
    The days off

13. You must work weekends because this ride starts on Saturday. See you on the 13th. :mfclap:

14. Just a reminder that its only 2 weeks until our Baker City ride and it looks like we are going to have great weather. :mfclap:

15. I wish I could make this ride. I had a blast on the Kamiah ride with you all. If it didn't involve a Sunday is be testing out my new-to-me speed triple with yoose guys. Have fun and ride safe!

16. The wife won't be able to make the trip. I never did make a hotel reservation, so now I'm wondering if anyone would like to split a room?

17. Due to children's soccer not having given us a game time for Saturday I'm now a "maybe" instead of a definite "yes".

Still hope to attend.

18. My job has picked up to the point that I may have to work next weekend. I'm also a maybe now.

19. I'm going to try to make this one but I plan on a day trip. To bad I won't know until Saturday morning