close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2014 Seattle International Motorcycle Show

Discussion in 'Portland Region' started by Wayne, Nov 17, 2013.

1. February 14-16. Good opportunity to get together with friends in the depth of winter. Generally, the show leaves a lot to be desired.

2. I'm glad we finally got it away from Christmas!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

3. isn't that when it generally snows around here? same time as portland auto show and it's always blistering cold out there...so the show's a bomb?

4. I've always enjoyed it. Besides the cool bikes on display I always learn of new products on the market and every vendor is ready to make excellent deals

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

5. Yup! I'll probably go this year because it's a bit later in the winter.

6. DGA

DGA Moderator

Dang...two months later this time around.

7. better time of year to get people excited about the coming spring riding season..no?? catch people after the xmas crush with expected tax refunds in their futures...it would all work for me...hopefully they'll have those new harleys there...

8. The Oregon BMW owners club is trying to charter a bus for the show. You guys might be interested.

After an initial polling on the idea of hiring a bus to go to the Seattle show on Feb 15th, 2014, we have 28 people that expressed interest in going. We need 40 as a minimum to make it work. So we are opening the bus to non-BMWRO people for additional $15 per person. Also we have been asked to see if the bus could go down into the Mid-Willamette valley, so Kmart in Albany has been selected as a possible starting point.

So if you are interested or know someone who is interested, even if you replied before, please select from the following by showing a quantity in the blanks.

_____ $40 for Ticket and Pickup at Janzen Beach and a BMWRO Member

_____ $55 for Ticket and Pickup at Janzen Beach and not a BMWRO Member

_____$65 for Ticket and Pickup at the Albany Kmart and BMWRO Member

_____$80 for Ticket and Pickup at the Albany Kmart and not a BMWRO Member

This show is an annual winter time happening for many and we thought perhaps the we might like to go as a group. We need to have a minimum of 40 people. We are looking into hiring a charter luxury bus to leave from the Albany area around 6:30 am and make a pickup stop at 8:30 from Portland’s Jansen Beach and returning around 7 pmto Janzen Beach and 8:30 to Albany the same day. The show arrival would be approximately 11:30 am and departing around 4:30 pm. You’d be on your own to provide transportation to the meeting spots and food and refreshments during the day. This will allow around 5 hrs to view the show and eat lunch. The bus ride and tickets for the show would be included in the cost. You cannot even drive to Seattle and back for this and you get to moto-socialize on your way instead of worrying about traffic!

I’m still not looking for an absolute commitment right now, just a show of interest and if it’s great enough we will keep building the arrangements. At some point perhaps a couple of weeks before we’ll have to have reservations set and commitment to pay even if you change your plans at the last minute and don’t attend.

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/seattle

If you’d like to be part of this, drop me an email at BMWRO.VP@gmail.com or phone 541-760-0675.

Please send your response to Jay Bennett by clicking here.

Bus Ride to the 2014 Seattle International Motorcycle Show

Jay Bennett

--
    If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from BMW Riders of Oregon, please click here.

9. That's a great deal and I'm in! Sending an email now.

10. Glad it worked out for you!

11. Another sign that the world is coming to an end. The BMW clan is taking a bus to the motorcycle show. Why not just ride to the show. You guys have got like heated everything on those bikes.

(Side note....just poking a little fun. Its cool that you're taking the time to put this together).

12. Unlike the Harley clan, the BMW guys don't drink at the show and then ride home.

13. Riders are riders in my opinion. I was hoping for this to happen as it makes perfect sense. I am in and my brother as well.

14. james1300

james1300 Track School Dazed

For 2 bucks off your admission to ANY of the International M/C Shows
    You can use CODE #PCJQ14 and get $2.00 off your admission price.
    Use it as many times as you want.

15. I like going. Lots of cool stuff. And raffles! I am pretty sure there is a warehouse somewhere with all the stuff I have won but have not received yet. Really. I am sure of it!