close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

76' cb550

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Brad550, Apr 18, 2012.

1. I have a CB550 I want to cafe out and was wondering if there was anyone local, Salem/Portland, that made parts, tank/cowling. I am good with a wrench but can't weld at all. Thanks

[​IMG]

Sorry, should be in the project thread. Not sure how to delete it and move it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  2. There are a ton of places you can buy cafe parts, you might need to mod a little to fit your particular bike but that should be a problem.

But you're not going to find too much local. Luckily they have this thing called the internut. :mrgreen:

3. that thing is beautiful!!!!!!!!

might be too pretty to cafe, any more pics?

4. You need to send DGA a PM, pretty sure he may be interested in a few bits and pieces of that little jem.

5. DGA

DGA Moderator Staff Member

Not to tell you what to do, BUT I'd leave that little jem just the way it is.

Thanks buddy, but I'm set...now I just need to do some wrenching. :)

6. lol, I guess that maybe I will leave it stock. I get tons of complements on it. I just went through it and the bike is cherry. I plan on hooking up with the Salem Vintage ride this summer if we have one. If I do any mods on it I want to be able to return it to stock. I was on the fence and guess I fell to the leave it alone and don't mess with perfection side. :pirate:

More pics to follow after the rain stops.

7. If you really want to go that way; I have a '71 CB500/4 that is decidedly *not* cherry, but would make an outstanding cafe machine. To someone that is really going to work on it (not sell the bits on e-overpay), I'll make an offer you can't refuse (well... I suppose you could, but you'd be pretty silly) :mrgreen:

--R

8. tell me more...

Is this the one listed on CL?

9. mjn

mjn Forum Admin Staff Member

Done!

10. james1300

james1300 Track School Dazed

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  11. I agree it is beautiful the way it is, I have a cb400 I want to have done before the riding season next year.

I'm okay with a wrench but would always be down to learn anything I could.

Hit me up sometime.

12. FYI, Andrew at Little Horse Cycles does absolutely amazing work and he's a good guy.