8/25-26 Ride to Whale Watching

Discussion in 'Westside' started by Diva, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Mark your calendars for a great 6hr/170 mile back roads ride from Redmond/Woodinville to Bellingham to go whale watching. The link for the route is a little long to post, but it includes some local favorites like High Bridge, Marine Drive, the nice and twisty part of Hwy 9 north of Hwy 20, Lake Whatcom and the Chuckanut Loop/Lake Samish.

The plan is to head out Saturday around 11am and get to the hotel around 4pm (hotel details to be posted later, but bring swimwear since it'll probably have a hot tub). Then Sunday we take the 10am whale watching cruise which returns back around 4:30. You can just do the ride, whale watching or both - your choice. If you want to join us for the whale watching, you can get tickets half off until end of Friday (6/15) at http://bit.ly/WhaleWatchingDeal2. Getting the deal is completely optional, but half off is real nice. :)

Working with my friend/sweep on the starting location, but will post when we decide. Again it'll probably be in Redmond O'Reilly's on Redmond Way or in Woodinville off Hwy 522. Let us know if you plan to ride with us.

#1 Diva, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  2. I hear you ride really fast on that Marauder of yours, will this be noob friendly?

Grantizzle likes this.
  3. Grantizzle

Grantizzle Moderator
    Staff Member

what's the forecast? i don't like riding in the rain... or if it's too hot.

gannonjf likes this.
  4. What's your defination of noob and noob friendly? Seems to vary in this forum.

5. Gannonjf - sorry no. Others may though. ;)

6. Cool idea. Keep us posted!

7. What's the starting location for this?

8. If only she'd posted two tentative starting locations in her OP with a promise to update once it was final.

9. Hey thanks, I completely missed that. Trying to bury the hatchet with Diva, as it were. Maybe we'll find out that we have a lot in common if we just get a chance to speak to each other, face to face. You know?

What time is this ride leaving?

10. This is actually a pretty cool ride idea. No guarantees that whales will be around to watch if we aren't better stewards of our environment!

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/06/07/3646679/dwindling-fish-supply-stresses.html

11. Sounds like fun! I don't support whale watching tours, but if I did, I'd want to go! :)

12. Cyndy, you can do the motorcycle ride and not the boat ride, if that works for you. People have the choice of just the ride and head back that night if they don't want to stay.

Personally, I'm really excited about the route. Have't done some of these northern roads in years. They are nice, just takes a while to get there.

13. Devil-Doc: I don't see your comments along with a few others. Try sending me a PM, if you can, to see about burying that hatchet. I'm not here looking for "drama", I'll get enough of that in the opera this summer, I just want to ride and meet other cool people to ride with. :)

Speaking of which, have another ride to post.... :clap:

14. I think your route is awesome, personally. I know everyone is familiar with the southern roads, like high bridge, but maybe people aren't aware of the great roads further north?

I think it shows a lot of leadership and initiative to try and show the noobie riders what's out there.

Rep for you!

15. I'm adding it to my calendar. Thanks!

16. PM sent!

17. Bluuu

Bluuu Señor verde

I Ride:
    a motorcycle
    In, but only for the ride. I already see enough whales.

Yamacrab likes this.