close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alaska Here They Come!!!!

Discussion in 'Central' started by OscarMom, Jun 9, 2012.

1. james1300

james1300 Track School Dazed

Hey all,We are now back in White Horse and are going to see a big stern wheeler that use to go from White Horse to Dawson City carrying supplies for the miners up river. I guess there is a museum as well. After we look around it sounds like we will head the direction of Scagway where our ship sales!
    ~Tina

2. james1300

Wow, and I really mean wow when we rode down down down into Skagway and onto American soil. I liked it so much that Tomorrow, or the next day I am going to go back and do it again.
    We started the day by riding from the camp ground back into White Horse and visited the last paddle stern wheel boat to be in service on the Klondike river. The service that it provided was truly amazing in its day and the pay load it could carry was crazy. It only displaced 4 feet of water up the sides when it was loaded!
    When we left White Horse Named after the rapids, the water was so rough that when u looked at it, it looked like raging white horse heads up out of the water. We all had to agree that this was the most spectacular day riding ! It was stellar! The weather was all over the charts. From peel your gear off hot to put it plus your buddies on to stay warm and dry!
    Nothing like a good ole fashion Albuquerque rain to prove to u that your gear isn't really water proof. Proof vs resistant is a very large category. My boots shipped water in as fast as the river raged and my resistant coat, didn't resist long enough and had a more sponge like quality to it than proof!
    Danny yarded out his small extra camp rain jacket and Saran wrapped me in under the wet layer, and Rich was kind enough to bring his to small for him boot covers which dammed up the flow of the Klondike in my boots.
    Rod bless his heart (spoken Texas style) got a real work out, as the hand me down pants I was wearing right leg zipper kept opening up, so in order to help the now stay puff marshmellow girl on with the boot covers before the t down pour started again. Boy howdy did it, he got down on one knee proposal style and commenced to yanking it up then down, then up then down then finally one last yank hold your tongue just right and wa-lah it was fixed, now balance and stuff each foot into the dumb covers and button them bad cats up!
    By the time we are ready it doesnt make any difference that it will now keep the rain out as I am now drenched from working so hard. Go figure!
    Anyway the mountain peaks became up close and personal as we rode through them with sights that were spectacular.
    Jimmy we were all very excited to see two bears today along our route. The last little black bear looked up at me as the motor cycles roared by revealing his brown face and little brown and white chest.
    The icy waters of the head waters were just beginning to thaw and break up creating the most beautiful little pools, each one it's own little spot of green beauty!
    Man, good day! We topped it all off with a real shower that stayed hot when I told it to, and again I have a real pillow. Would have two, only Rod has a death grip on his! Will write more later, we actually have shades on the window that have blocked out the day! So time to slam a few zzz's in since I couldnt last night/day!
    ~Tina

3. Talked to Richard last night..They are in Skagway for another few days and enjoying that!:mfclap:

4. james1300

Well, we are off again. We have taken off our Skagway tourist hats and boarded our boat to the next adventure. I know we will eventually end up on the island of Victoria and ride the length of it, but I think we have to change a few boats in between!

We enjoyed the little tourist trap for the day and half we were here and left port at a respectable hour at 9:45 instead of 3:00. I have only one complaint, that would be more time in Alaska and the Yukon Teritory! Well maybe two complaints. We no sooner got to our cabin aboard and Danny fogged out our cabin bathroom. The hard fast rule is you ruin the public plumbing not your own abode. Oh well, we will survive the experience... I think! Grin

Well don't know how long signal is good for so I will send this out