An odd request.

Discussion in 'Portland Region' started by Veloc, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Anybody have a spare bike/know of anybody who has one and needs a monkey for a while? Got a buddy who is short on cash but long on available hours, and asked if I could look into finding somebody who could use a hand in trade.

Put this in PDX because it kinda has to be local, and isn't really a classified either. Just putting out a feeler, in case there's someone out there who's got some work and a spare bike. Happy to keep it in PMs from here on. If there's nobody out there, it's not a big deal. I haven't made any promises.

Flames accepted. Just please try to be creative. :thefinge:

2. Uh, what???? :scratchea

3. Wyckedan

I Ride:
    RSV4 Factory
  4. [​IMG]

#4 Andy Capp, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  5. My thoughts exactly. My answer would be no based on grammatical errors alone.

6. a bike for a monkey? wot

7. Ok, I'm going to try my best at translating this. Bear with me, I'm getting old and understanding kids today is tricky.
    How'd I do?

#7 Desvio, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    factorten likes this.
  8. xpertss

I Ride:
    I ride a motorcycle... How cool is me?
    Perfecto!!!!

A+

9. dscott3509

dscott3509 Parts Collector

I will give it a solid B. The part about disappointments is inaccurate. It seems that the request is being made from someone who is used to not hearing the word, "No."

10. Can you please tell us how you really feel and quit sugarcoating everything, you will feel much better.

Thank you for your time on this matter.

Best of Regards,

:thefinge::thefinge:

11. Gracias!

You're right, I'll work on this in the future.

You to sir are right, and as Dennis suggested I should have concluded it with "Fuck no, now fuck off!"

And thank you :thumblef:

12. dscott3509

dscott3509 Parts Collector

We know nothing about the monkey, no need to insult the monkey. Now, is your buddy looking to trade the monkey for the motorcycle? Is that the collateral?

Could easily be a Nigerian prince who is just waiting for his inheritance.

Whose hand is he offering to trade? The monkey's?

....screw it, I got tired of trying to translate this. Looks like Desvio's translation will suffice.

13. After your extra credit editing, you are at an A rating. Not that my opinion matters. :nana

14. Kelbor

I will do it on one condition.....

The monkey needs to be a great ape - more specifically the orangutang used in the Clint Eastwood movie whose name is Clyde. You see, the blinkers on my truck are broken and I could use the help changing lanes. That and there are some pesky bikers that just moved to town - could use the help beating them up as well.

Before the trade is made, though, I will need to see the pink slip for Clyde. There is no way Im taking the heat for an illegal monkey.

15. I don't get it!!! Can someone provide the real translation? I didn't know monkeys could ride motorcycles...

[​IMG]

16. I just don't effing care what the real deal is!!!
    I just want a flipping monkey!! Not that the monkey really has to do flips. I just used that rather than the "F" word, but if he / she can do flips, that would be aweeesssoooommmmeee!!!!:evil4:

What kind of monkey are we talking about? The little cute ones that throw sh*t at you or the big scary kind that pull your arms off and beat you to death with em:shock: and then throw sh*t at you?:scratchea

:popcorn:

17. Mmmm, only mildly off-target. Corrections in blue.

Me or him? I hear "no" all the time. I expect it from the outset.

Like I said, it's no skin off my ass either way. Told him I'd ask around, and that's exactly what I did. I was just hoping that the backlash posts would be a bit more entertaining. I like a good joke, even when it's at my own expense.

EDIT: LOL, okay, the monkey thing is getting pretty interesting.

18. That's pretty creepy dude........

19. No, this is creepy:

[​IMG]