close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another Noobie to PNW

Discussion in 'New Users' started by rearickm, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Not new to the are just the forum.

Moved here from Maine about 4 years ago for work. I'm a Field Service Rep for Boeing and with the 787 FINALL entering service I will be one busy SOB for the next few years.

I've been riding dirt bikes since I was about 10 and graduated to street when I was 18.

Never really owned a street bike because I always knew someone with a bike I could borrow. And usually would return the favor by letting them borrow my dirt bike to play when I was stuck working.

Bought a Ducati 1098S in Maine just before moving to the Seattle area. It was the first 1098 in Maine and I bought her sight unseen before the big unveil.

I've done a lot of work to the bike since I first purchased it. Mods include Carbon Fiber fairings, except the tail, Carbon Fiber farkles all over (but done tastefully!), Aculighn rear sets, ASV levers, performance cooling hoses, Speedymoto water pump, and on and on …

Rode my first track session this year at PR with 2Fast and managed to get in a day down at ORP in August. I am looking forward to more track days and maybe a dedicated track bike. Also trying to spend some more time in the trails with the 1989 Honda CR25oR I spent the last two winters rebuilding from the ground up. I’m also considering letting the CR go and picking up one of them orange bikes … :evil4:

2. welcome....glad to hear that the 787 is finally ready..
    i work for a company making many parts for Boeing and other aerospace companies

3. First real revenue flight is today in Japan. They did a promotional one last week to Hong Kong, but that was more of a charter flight / PR deal. Today is the actual first day of 787 scheduled service from Narita.

It's been a long time coming. I spent my first year or so in the factory up in Everett finishing assembly of planes 1 and 2, then a couple years on the flight line reworking and doing functional test on the first 6 planes before I moved into the Field Service job I have now.

4. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome, Mike, some nice bikes you have there! Hope to see you on track or trail in the future!

5. welcome! and that is one hellova bike mate!

6. Orange for the win. Nothing further, out.

7. Welcome. Come on over to the Peninsula some time. Good riding over hear.

8. Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Time permitting I will be out on both trail and track this year.

Although it might be difficult due to my line of work! Should be starting off 2012 in Japan and/or China, then after that??? Wherever the 787 is delivered to an airline for the first time I will be there for 3 months or so helping support the daily operations. Considering there are 850+ planes on order for more than 50 customers worldwide, I’d say I will be a busy guy for the next few years!

9. nice to see another Duc in the area! and saw you are in federal way and i live here too so maybe ill see you out sometime!

10. right on... that CR would do well down at tahuya.. which is in your neck of the woods.

11. welcome :mrgreen: ...YaaaaaY! another who has tasted the Orange Koolaid :evil4:

12. Lusted after Ducati since I first read an article about the 916SPS. Still my all time favorite machine, but the new 1199 might be a very close second! I'll hold my opinion until I see the bike in person and have a chance to take one out on a demo. Hopefully at the track ...

As for the CR, it did well at Tahuya. Now if the rider could only keep it together for a full day of riding ....

I will need to hit the gym some this winter! Maybe get a couple rides in on the trails too, before sping / summer and the masses arrive!