any old school bikes out?

Discussion in 'Kitsap' started by yellowhawk125, Jun 29, 2012.

1. I ride a 1975 cb125 I restored with my gramps. Its fun, yeah it aint the sports bike I want but its a good bike. I have put almost 3000 miles on it since December. You might have seen me once or so. I ride with a yellow mohawk.

2. Willow

1. Kitsap

I Ride:
    DRZ 400SM, 848evo, XR100
    Hopefully I'll get to see it one of these days. Cool you restored it with your gramps. Welcome to PNW riders.

3. davidk

I Ride:
    2001 Ducati ST4
    DEFINE old school!!
    My OLD 95 SPARK and FUEL Duck - seems pretty old school!!
    No computers - no traction anything...
    I ride with a YELLOW lid - NO mohawk!!
    Just saying!!
    GO get the TAG!!
    DavidK

4. I kick around on a Kawasaki from time to time.

5. davidk

I Ride:
    2001 Ducati ST4
    In that era of bike - I had a 73 or 74 Kawi 125 Enduro that I turned into an "MX" bike -
    Before that was an SL 100 Honda - AS I remember, there was the SL, the CL and road version, CB...
    Have fun out there - look for the RED Monster with the OLD guy with a Yellow Lid ....

6. Im currently rebuiliding a cb750. Im hoping to have fully finished and back on the road next summer.

Edit:
    1978 cb750 f2 supersport

#6 Trucidatio, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  7. Bring your CB to the annual Car and Bike show at That One Place in Port Orchard on Sunday, 11am-3pm LINKY

You'll see me and my '74 CB450 there =)

8. I have heard of this "that on place" and it was a lot of good stuff...food I mean. Think I might show. Its by Auto Zone on PO down from walmart I think.

9. mjn

mjn Forum Admin
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    '05 Busa, '81 Seca 550, '78 Hawk, '69 Z50A
  10. grabbing this old school Yamaha today! I'm going to have to put some work in to make it a decent runner and looker before I sell it. I sold a few of these when they were new while working at Lynnwood Yamaha :mrgreen:

Its a 81 XV920RH Euro, often mistaken for a virago or called a seca...In Europe it was sold as a TR1. It only came to the US in 81/82 and instead of a cruiser stance it was a bit more of a "sport" stance and it had an enclosed chain drive vs shaft and 18" rear vs 16" on a Virago..

Here's a shot as it sits, I will post up progress soon
    [​IMG]

11. I've got a 1975 shovel head, bought it brand new in 1975. It is one of my get-back-on-the-road projects.

12. I ride a 1979 gs 850 every where, ca. last year
    [​IMG]

13. bcj

bcj

I Ride:
    BMW K1200RS, Suzuki SV650
    Still looking at batteries? Check out the Shorai Li. Small and light.

( the carpenter ants et your primary drive shaft ) :secret:

14. That's the place. Right behind the Auto Zone and Rite Aid. Very good food indeed.

Good point! Here ya go. "Jones"
    [​IMG]

15. Here is the bike I rode to Vashon Island from Vancouver (WA) last year right after we finished rebuilding it. It's just about the only vintage bike I have that is still almost bone-stock. Next week the back way around the east side of Mt. St. Helens is supposed to open again to Randle, which is the route I like to take to Seattle, via US12 west to Morton and the north on 7 through Elbe to Spanaway. If I'm in town and the weather is nice I'll probably ride it up for the next Backfire Moto night:

[​IMG]

16. Shoot I wanna, my bike is maybe not pretty enough for a show haha...I ride it everyday! I work tomorrow to...shit!

17. I know that route.....cool bike .....love the "ghost flame paint job " on the car..wait.....:scratchea8)

18. RD 400, hell yes, love those bikes!! I had a brand new RZ 350 in high school back in the day. Love the sound of a RD/RZ on expansion chambers, soooooooo nasty!

19. I like what you've done to her! Pedestrian cutter is a nice touch as are the wrapped pipes. Are those the short shocks? Looks good!8)