Anybody use Dynomation software?

Discussion in 'Mechanical & Technical' started by Lynk, Feb 24, 2010.

1. I figure it won't hurt to ask this in a few places. I ran across some engine modelling software from Motion, called Dynomation, earlier today. I'm looking to play with some cam timing on my computer, and this looks killer!

http://www.motionsoftware.com/Dynomation5.htm

Does anyone on here have experience with the software? Care to offer a quick review? I'm hoping to get some opinions, before dropping $400 on software.

2. No but I read about some really great software for easily and fastly converting DVDs.
    Unfortunately it only works on sparkly homosexual vampires.

3. LOL! Thanks for the :bump:

4. FastCat

I just have a few different spreadsheets that I made up in excel for motor-building. I've never invested in software like this, although it looks like it could be fun to play with.

5. It *is* a bit pricy, but I've got a plan in mind that could make full use of its capabilities. And now I know a few people who want to play with it. :mrgreen:

6. Wrench

I Ride:
    anything I can
    That is alot of dough to drop just for fiddling with cam timing.

I think there is a load of info if the software actually does what it claims. Understanding port profile can enable you to find alot of power gains.

I like this review:
    "I have worked with many good race teams, but rarely do you find one that grasps the concepts of pressure waves and taper. Dynomation-5 gives you the ability to understand what is happening in the engine. You should never underestimate what that will teach you. Michael Marriott, Race engine builder for their record-setting Australian cars, long-time Dynomation user, C&R Motorsport, Western Australia"

7. Ohhh, I'm not just "fiddling with cam timing." ;)

I got in touch with Motion Software today, and I'm going to purchase. Without going into too much detail, I've got a couple of industry experts who are going to help me with all of the necessary measurements to model an engine. Custom configurations will be tested for development purposes. I've got a few things in the works. More will come, later.

The expert reviews are certainly encouraging. 8)

Jackie, I'll try to give you a first-hand look. In fact, if you'd like to give me a call, I'll share some more info. This is exciting stuff for me!

8. It's here... I have Dynomation 5 Professional and a super secret keyfob.

9. Wrench

I Ride:
    anything I can
    Sweet!

I would LOVE to get my hands on that setup... :evil4:

10. I input the cylinder bore, stroke, and rod length last night, along with a bunch of wild-assed guesses for runner lengths and exhaust dimensions. I let the calculator determine valve size by bore with a generic pentroof four-valve head. The results? The generic "economy" and "performance street" cams produced graphs that were eerily close to actual numbers recorded for my bike.

I think I'm going to have some fun! :mfclap: