close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone missing a 2008 Ninja 650R?

Discussion in 'Central' started by skinny_punk, Apr 3, 2014.

1. skinny_punk

skinny_punk One Legged Rocket Rider

Looks like someone may have stolen a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R and is trying to sell everything except for the frame (so no VIN #) which he supposedly already sold, as well as with the Ignition (No Keys to the bike), yet has everything else, ....for $600. :scratchea:secret:bacon:

Here is the CL ad... http://kpr.craigslist.org/mpo/4399474018.html

in case he deletes it,.......

* selling all ninja parts - $600 (pasco)

I'm in need of money so I want to get rid of my 08 ninja 650r. I've been trying to part it out for a long time now. So I decided to get rid of it once and for all. I already sold the frame and the ignition but everything else Is there. All for $600 first come first serve. You can get the ignition/gas cap on eBay for $40 and a frame for about 100. Who doesn't want a motorcycle for $750 total?? Email me or text 509-980-0678

•do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 4399474018

posted: 4 days ago

2. Lunnzz, is that your ad? crackup:

3. Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  4. RedKat600

RedKat600 Vintage Screwball Staff Member

5. Oh. I thought that it was like a car and had the VIN in multiple places on it. I had just heard that the engine had numbers so I thought it was the VIN.

6. RedKat600

Nope. Engine ID's are different.

I do believe you can call the DMV and have them check the engine ID but I'm not sure. On motorcycles, the only VIN is on the frame.

7. After all the thefts last year, it would sure be nice to see this guy get a little official attention.

[​IMG]

8. Seems so legit... How convenience these guys lose the frame... Is there anyway to relaly bust thse guys?

9. Without a VIN, I would imagine it would be extremely difficult to prove it's stolen unless the real owner put some identifying markings or recorded the engine number.

10. RedKat600

Police have access to a database of engine numbers. General public does not, to my knowledge. I have not been able to find one available to the public anyway.

11. What do the engine numbers reference back to? The VIN?

12. RedKat600

Yes. However, in the databases not available to the public, the engine number will come back as stolen also.

13. james1300

james1300 Track School Dazed

14. Wait... 650 frames are only $100??? What a great deal! :tard:

15. Bikes titled in California get their engine VIN's recorded.