Bad wreck on Yelm Highway

Discussion in 'Olympia' started by Cropduster, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Cropduster

Cropduster jimd2p aka Dweezlebutt

They had it closed from Wiggins all the way to Yelm Highway. Too dark to see what was going on from where we were and how dark it was. Hoping no bikes involved.

2. yea, I had to take Wiggins to get into my subdivision after the R1eatr photo shoot (around 9pm ish).. couldn't see anything either..

3. Cropduster

Cropduster jimd2p aka Dweezlebutt

Found it:

Boy seriously hurt in hit-and-run

10:22 PM PDT on Tuesday, June 23, 2009

KING5.com

YELM, Wash. - A 5-year-old boy was badly hurt in a hit-and-run accident in Thurston County Tuesday night.

KING

The boy was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

The boy was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with serious facial injuries.

Troopers say the boy was in a car that rolled across Yelm Highway after it was hit or cut off by another vehicle, ending up through the fence of a golf course.

Police say the suspect, who had two dogs in his car, kept driving after the accident, but they later found him at a veterinarian's office, where he was taken into custody.

An adult and another child in the vehicle that rolled were taken to local hospitals.

4. We drove by right after it happened it was pretty weird looking the fence at the golf course had been taken out but so had the metal rod fence on the complete opposite side of yelm hwy at the appartment or condo complex. It looked like it was completely drove through.

5. :( Oh I hope that little boy is okay. SO sad. :(

6. Jordan and I came up on the scene just a few seconds after the accident happened. The car the little boy was riding in was flipped upside down on the sidewalk. The cab of the vehicle was crushed and had went through the indian summer fence. We were just leaving burger king on yelm and college when the accident occured, it sounded like gun shots it was so loud.
    I hope that the little boy and his family are doing well and that his injuries heal without any complications.

7. I just saw the fence and skid marks and wondered what had happened there.

8. Was it this one?

Link: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49097101.html

Headline: "Man in Yelm hit-and-run was rushing dog to vet clinic"