Belstaff Discovery Jacket (4XL) w/ BMG Ezeon Pants (4XLS)

Discussion in 'Gear, Parts, & Accessories' started by Mic, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Mic

Mic
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

I have my weather proof Belstaff Discovery Jacket and BMG Pants set up for sale.

For those of you who are not sure who Belstaff is, take a gander at this article first: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belstaff

They are the oldest known motorcycle apparel company in the world.

This jacket literally is the last sold Belstaff branded Discovery Jacket in the US. The company broke off its Motorcycle line, and renamed it "BMG" or "British Motorcycle Gear".

Quick review of the jacket and pants by myself can be located here. It will go over the details.

Jacket: http://micsadventure.com/2010/08/rider-review/rider-review-jackets-belstaff-discovery-2/

Pants: http://micsadventure.com/2010/10/rider-review/rider-reivew-pants-bmg-ezeon-overpants/

This system is not like your typical jackets/pants. They do not have a waterproof exterior. Instead they use a waterproof (like gore-tex) liner that is between the outside and inside liner. The water hits that, and then goes down and out of a "gutter" along the bottom. One of the many ingenious innovations you'll find on this jacket. I've never got wet in a pouring rain storm...

Jacket has a removable collar, and a very toasty removable liner. With this jacket alone and the liner, I rode in near freezing weather often. Also has a removable back "document" storage pocket.

Some pics:

Front of Jacket:
    [​IMG]

Back of Jacket:
    [​IMG]

This is a crotch strap. It goes from the back of the jacket, to the front and snaps. It helps keep your jacket down, and pants up. Seems uncomfortable, but it is an ingenious idea. As you can see, there is a bit of "melted" part of it. This happened not long after I got this jacket. I forgot to secure it, and jumped on my XT and it melted on the exhaust. Still 100% functional, and tough as nails. I've put over 20k miles on the jacket since that time.
    [​IMG]

Pants
    [​IMG]

Jacket new is $389
    Pants new are $139

Asking $225 for the Jacket and $75 for the pants (Or best reasonable offer)

Or as a set for $275

2. Mic

Mic
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

Going to be a wet weekend, surely someone out there enjoys to ride in this lovely weather =) I know I will be!

3. Mic

Mic
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

I am heading down to Oregon for a week, so if someone wants these down that way, let me know. I'll be taking them along with me "just in case".

4. bgt595

bgt595
    Expand Collapse

Dare if I ask your sizing?

Ima big fan of the Belstaff stuff myself.

5. Mic

Mic
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

I am a medium now. These are 4xl. Britishmotorcyclegear.com will have sizing info

6. bgt595

bgt595
    Expand Collapse

Where in Oregon are you gonna be and when ? I'm flying back to pdx and I'm interested in checking out the pants and jacket.

7. Mic

Mic
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

Hood river. Will be there until friday. Heading down this afternoon

8. Mic

Mic
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

Back in Bellevue Bump!

It's been wet people, that shouldn't stop you from riding!

9. Mic

Mic
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

Spring Time is a coming!

10. Mic

Mic
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

Price Lowered: $225 for both Jacket and Pants sold together.

11. Mic

Mic
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

$200 dollars takes the set, you come pick up (or meet locally). I need this gone

Bump

#11 Mic, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  12. Mic

Mic
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

Bump, still have this.

13. Mic

Mic
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

Rainy Season again, I'm sure someone needs this.

200 takes the set.