Bicycle Thief Gets Owned

Discussion in 'Westside' started by superlund, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Meh.
    Go eat some more granola.

2. Yamacrab

Nice! Yay, happy ending!

3. :mfclap:thats great I hate thiefs

4. Heard on the news last night the charges against the thief were dismissed. :scratchea

5. I would have rather kicked the guys ass than called the cops.I need new friends because mine would have been trying to screw his girlfriend and forgot about everything else.

6. Michael of Burien

I Ride:
    2005 BMW R1200GS, 2002 Honda CBR954rr (Project)
    That sucks. But it sure would be nice for other theives to see this video and understand what lengths people will go to to simply get them caught.

The punk is lucky this was all on video and that it was not just a gang bang on his ass in some alleyway.

7. Don't get me wrong, thats shitty he got his bike stolen and its great that he got it back. But that dude was a huge douche about the whole thing lol. I agree, should have just beat him down.

8. Exactly. He needs smarter friends.

9. I am surprised nobody touched this point. If Bicycle owners are willing to go to that extent for their not so expensive bicycles then motorcycle ares way expensive and we should be doing more to catch motorcycle theifs?

10. That's what he gets for riding without insurance.

11. I read he was released, which isn't the same thing as charges being dismissed.

EVEN IF he can prove he didn't steal the bike, he clearly admits to buying it (and trying to sell it) knowing it was stolen.

12. lol citizens arrest? guys lucky the thief didnt have a gun

13. Chrishil54

I Ride:
    2009 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Customer
    Thats a great reason why you should carry and shoot first. :stir:

14. Devil1

Devil1 Blingaphobe

No so expensive?

Have you priced a high end bike?

15. I used to work on and sell $4,000+ carbon road racing bikes. That bike in the vid is at least 2,000 new. I see hundreds of motorcycles for $4,000 and under.

16. Are_Six

Are_Six Moderator
    Staff Member

From the video it seems like a pretty clear cut case of possession/trafficking in stolen property. If it's a first offense they'll probably let him plea bargain it away to avoid trail. But this guy is going to be spending a lot of time driving from Portland up to Seattle to deal with this.

Good work on those bicycle guys getting this on camera and not doing anything stupid. Kicking his ass in an alley would be better on the instant gratification scale, but having him deal with our legal system is the best punishment.