Black Sabbatical Rob Krug Memorial Ride, Tues May 29th.

Discussion in 'Portland Region' started by trayson, May 24, 2012.

1. There is going to be a PNW Riders Memorial Ride for Rob on Tuesday May 29th. Since Rob was such an avid supporter of the Tuesday Night Coffee Pre-Rides, it only seemed fitting that we honor him by doing a Tuesday night ride dedicated to him.

The ride will start as usual at Cornelius Pass Rd Chevron off of US 26 next to Panda Express and Fred Meyers. (we're actually going to be meeting in the Fred Meyer Parking lot, since we'll probably over-run the Chevron, but they are adjacent to each other and there should be people there to direct you.)

22075 NW Imbrie Dr in Hillsboro, Oregon 97124

Try to meet there between 5:30 and 6pm. The ride usually leaves at 6pm, but as this is a special occasion, we'll aim for Kickstands up at 6:45pm

This is going to be a group ride to show support and honor Rob. It's not intended as a fast paced ride to carve the twisties. Please arrive ready to show respect and camaraderie and understand that it's just not going to be possible to have a spirited ride for this occasion.

Also, there is a plan for t-shirts to be made in Rob's Honor. Stay tuned for more details on that.

Thanks to everyone for all the support and amazing outpouring in honor of Rob.

Chris's Video of the ride, using footage from him, myself, and some other sources. Thanks Chris:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGRjKN_lNhg&hd=1

#1 trayson, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  2. Wouldn't miss it.

3. lena

lena Moderator
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    Monsters
    Good call on the departure time change. We might miss some traffic this way.

4. ARG .. i cant make it due to all my class absences have been used up already now..... :( someone please take group pics i will be there in spirit with all of you

5. DGA

DGA Moderator
    Staff Member

Will be there.

6. I'll try and make it if I get off work intime

7. xpertss

I Ride:
    I ride a motorcycle... How cool is me?
    I really wanted to do this ride but I get off school at 8pm and have a paper due that day :(

8. I will be out of town and with you all in spirit.

9. caslaw

I Ride:
    2002 ZZR 1200
    WWRD? Show up even if it had to be in a Miata . . . in :ninja:

10. I guitar::headbang: am :headbang: in :headbang:

11. In for the head banging win!!!!:headbang:

12. r1zebra

I Ride:
    Dixie
  13. It would be super sweet to get a picture of everyone together at the beginning of the ride with their bikes lined up throwing the rock sign..

14. Gonna try and make this.