Bluebirds M/C White Center

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Pointman, Mar 8, 2011.

1. The year-- circa 1938. :devil:

This is the "Bluebirds Motorcycle Club," which roared up and down the streets of White Center, Burien and all around the Northwest for years.

The photo, owned by the Eyers family, was taken in front of a Gilmore Gas service station just north of the Triangle Tavern (where Center Tool Rental is now) at Roxbury and 16th Avenue in White Center.

According to lifelong resident Chuck Eyers, the Bluebirds were nicknamed the "Gunnysacks," as an inside joke in deference to the larger, more organized Seattle "Cossacks" M/C club.

The group, which included Chuck Eyers' father and mother Charlie and Ella Eyers (second from right,) rode their matching Harley-Davidsons to rallies on the coast and attended meets around the state through much of the 1930s.

Ray Swanberg (3rd from the right) owned the Mobil service station just across the street from this location.

http://www.highlinetimes.com/2011/03/07/news/1938-motorcycle-gang

[​IMG]

2. Rippn

Rippn Human Race Qualifier<br>FREE and clean

SALUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FREE and clean, Ripp'n

3. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator
    Staff Member

Great history, Pointman!

4. I live two blocks away from where that picture was taken. Now, I terrorize White Center on a blue motorcycle while people flip me the bird?