close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Canadian looking for some route advice on a long loop through Western/Central WA

Discussion in 'Westside' started by CaMKii, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Hello from Vancouver, BC! First post.

I'm visiting some family this weekend in Bellevue, WA. The weather looks great, so I figured, why 4 wheels when I can take just 2!

Looking to do a long loop on Saturday to ride as many of the nice roads around as possible. I've done SR-20 of course, and I've gone to Mt. Rainier, but this time I want to go farther down to Spirit Lake, and backtrack east towards the amazing stretch of twisty roads on SR-821. After I hit Ellensburg, the plan is to either keep going North to return on US-2 if I'm feeling good, or slab it back on I-90.

My planned route: https://goo.gl/maps/xUWnAnQiE572. I'm looking for feedback on what you think of the route, your experiences on these roads (surface quality, enforcement), and whether I'm missing any good curves. Thanks for all your help in advance, and hit me up if you're ever on this side of the border and want to go for a spin.

Arnbo likes this.
  2. Welcome! Sounds like you have the roads figured out .I know I-90 has construction (RockBlasting) going
    on this weekend.I would check Washington State Website for more info.
    Have fun Be safe!.............

3. Are_Six

Are_Six Moderator Staff Member

Route looks good, that's a pretty solid 12 hour ride looks like a lot of fun. I saw you already have Canyon road south from Ellensburg. There's another decent road off 169. Take green valley road from 169 to 18. 169 N pretty much blows, that stretch will be stop light to stop light with Brodozers that would feel at home in Alberta.

Also the Naches Saloon in Greenwater is a good place to grab some food.

Arnbo likes this.
  4. are you up for a ride this morning? I am in Kirkland. thinking about a short 2 hr ride in our area local back roads lots of twisties in our b ack yard