close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carson/Cougar lesson ride~Wednesday 7/10

Discussion in 'Portland Region' started by Scytale, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Hey all...I have a hankerin' to try out the Carson/Cougar ride on Wednesday and was hoping to ride along with some others who are familiar with the route as I haven't made it out that way yet. I'm still in my first year of riding so the pace will be nice and slow and hopefully easy. Planning on being at the Washougal Starbucks at 10:30, KSU at 11:00. If anyone has the day off and wouldn't mind a leasurely ride with me I'll see ya then!:mfclap:

2. I would be happy to ride with you. Unfortunately I have work all day.
    Enjoy your ride.

3. I would suggest the Johnson side first. The Cougar side has horrible roads. In and out of shadows hides broken asphalt and small bumps all the way around.

Sent from my EVO using Ohub Campfire mobile app

4. My flywheel isn't due until Wed so I caint show you it.

Now pay no attention to that Punk! There's _some_ bad pavement but if you just take it easy and don't push yourself it's a safe and fun route. Operative words: easy, don't push. Got it? Now go have fun.

5. :scratchea. The roads from cougar to carson are fine.

6. Sounds like your confusing a Mt. St. Helens Windy Ridge Run with a Cougar to Carson Run. True, FS-25 (Pine Creek to Randle) will definitely keep you on your toes, but FS-90 (Cougar to Curley Creek Rd) isn't that bad, and both Curly Creek and Wind River Road are in great shape.

Wait a minute? You mean if we do a 'Quartzville Run' before Thursday, we don't have to worry about a head on collision with a certain copper colored SV being ridden by a lunatic? :stir: Interesting. :devil:

7. Just did this two weeks ago and the roads were fine. I have to work Wed, or I would go. It's a great trip, have fun :)

8. Possibility. The roads are fine. Just be careful on hwy 14. Those popo's like handing out presents for going 5 over.

9. Thanks everyone...I've been to Carson and I've been to Cougar, just haven't ridden the roads connecting the two. :) I definitely keep an eye on my spedo, don't need any tickets.
    This is my problem having weekdays off, no one to ride with. Either way I'm excited to explore some new roads!

10. I just rode this route yesterday as well as 3 weeks ago. Great ride and the roads are in fine condition, you'll have a blast. Curly Creek Rd will put a smile on your face for sure.

11. if I can get up that early, I'll tag along... *IF*

(get off work at 6am... you do mean this one right?)

http://mapq.st/16l0twT

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  12. Yep! That's the one...right next to Highway 14.

13. Too bad it's Wednesday. I'm probably gonna do a run up to windy ridge tomorrow

14. +1 this.

15. Ill try and make it out. I *may* have work but probably won't know until tomorrow night.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. Just make sure Russell doesn't lead. Lol

Sent from my Desire HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

17. crackup:crackup:crackup::mfclap:crackup:crackup:crackup:

18. Pssst! If anyone sees Greg heading out to Qville today or tomorrow, can I borrow your bike?

Good news Greg! You don't have to rush out and ride Q'ville today. I'll be gone from the 19th through the 27th, Laguna Seca then playing on some favorite roads in northern Cali.

19. Yeah, that was kinda my bad. He swore he knew some back roads i didnt.
    The original plan was through washougal and back to 14 :angry7:

20. :mfclap:crackup:crackup: yeah, [MENTION=6029]PeeJay[/MENTION] quit giving us coppers a bad name. The neighbor kids are starting to throw rocks at me.