Caught on tape: Motorcycle stunts scare I-5 motorists

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Suzuk-E, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Suzuk-E

Suzuk-E
    Expand Collapse

Was this you? :mfclap::scared:nana:thefinge:

http://www.king5.com/video/featured-index.html?nvid=254976

June 16th, 2008 - Motorcycle dare devils take over the I-5 corridor to perform high speed wheelies. June 14th, 2008 at around 6:30 Pm. Randy Sherman says for over seven minutes they were pinned in behind eleven high powered motorcycles as they took turns riding wheelies infront of the 60 MPH traffic. "Although it was very exciting and sort of cool. It was also very dangerous and illegal. We didn't see if these guys ever got rounded up because they got off at Burien."

Edit: So here's something funny...

I started this thread and posted that link to the King5 video...and the next day myself and "AG2O6" are down at Alki with a large group and...and Kongtv got us.

[​IMG]

http://www.king5.com/video/index.html?nvid=255202

We're innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnfamous. It means MORE than famous. :nana

#1 Suzuk-E, Jun 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
    dizriz likes this.
  2. erickb

erickb
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. PNW Riders 2007

good times

3. DesmoDave

DesmoDave
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    Ducati, MV Agusta and Aprilia
    Fucking idiots.

4. RC51

RC51
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    Motorcycle
    Goddamn, whoever hosts their website sucks ass, It took like 2 whole minutes to load that stupid ad, and now it's only loading about 10 seconds of the video at a time

I'd love to comment on their stupidity and why they are giving all of us a bad name, and that they should have been wearing their gear, but I can't fucking see any of it.

#4 RC51, Jun 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  5. Wingman

Wingman
    Expand Collapse
    PNW Ambassador

:scratchea:scratchea

6. lacy124

lacy124
    Expand Collapse

:angry7:

7. raichean

raichean
    Expand Collapse

Probaby the same ass-hats I saw on I-90 westbound over the bridge about 10 days ago. Seriously stupid as every LEO now thinks every sportbike rider is an idiot.

8. wingding

wingding
    Expand Collapse

Idiots maybe but I wish I could do that.

9. Lyestille

Lyestille
    Expand Collapse

+1

10. RC51

RC51
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    Motorcycle
    This story is better, and the video actually loaded clicky

11. SeattleVet

SeattleVet
    Expand Collapse

+1

I *really* hope that this didn't involve anyone here. Crap like this is why every sportbike rider in under a magnifying glass for all the law enforcement agencies.

Sounds like one of them had their license plate fall off on the road, though. :mfclap:crackup: Maybe they'll be able to get at least ONE of them.

It sounds like they also were trying to make sure they got as many of the plates as possible on tape and were going to hand them over to the cops.

(Amazing how these guys will somehow turn out to be really cool 'stuntaz' to some here, yet fellow riders who slow *you* down while they're enjoying their ride are looked down on. Baggers and Sportbikes )

12. Suezuki

Suezuki
    Expand Collapse

way to give the whole community a bad name. There is a time and a place for wheelies and that place is not takining up 5 lanes of traffic on I5 in the middle of the day.

13. GixxerPete

GixxerPete
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Synopsizer

Looks like pretty controlled wheelies to me. They held their speed to 60-70mph and didn't look at all sketchy. I'd feel safer riding with those guys than most of the self-righteous crash-fest noobs on this site. But that's just me.

Oh and those poor motorists! "Pinned in" by those high powered motorcycles! Because we all know 400 lbs motorcycles can pin 4000 lbs SUVs in so easily. :tard:

"Blocking" traffic at 60 mph... like traffic ever goes more than 60 mph around here anyways. Boo fucking hoo. I'd much rather be "pinned in" and get to watch a wheelie show than be pinned in by some jackass left lane bandit going 55-60 mph and won't get the fuck out of the way.

But I guess wheelies and no crashing is so much worse for our "image" than people crashing in droves out in the twisties. :roll:

beansbaxter and chixxer like this.
  14. E

E
    Expand Collapse

Ditto

15. GixxerPete

GixxerPete
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Synopsizer

Most of them are these days, so that's pretty close to the mark.

16. RC51

RC51
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    Motorcycle
    +1

(it's still not the smartest thing to do if you enjoy not wearing hand cuffs)

Hopefully sombody post this stuff on youtube so I can actually see all of it, dear fucking king5: you suck big sweaty hairy monkey balls.

17. Are_Six

Are_Six
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I thought it was pretty cool. They are making their own decision. A couple of recklesses usually change peoples minds but I don't mind getting a good show out of it.

All of the people who were up on one were very controlled. I wouldn't have any issues being a got 3 or 4 seconds behind them.

18. DRS

DRS
    Expand Collapse
    Banned Camp

personally, i think a controlled wheelie down i-5 that doesn't result in a crash is still more responsible than a bunch of pnwasshats out crashing on group rides in the twisties or on their way to a bikenight....

19. donbcivil

donbcivil
    Expand Collapse

If they weren't running a roadblock I'd agree.

20. Mike23

Mike23
    Expand Collapse

I felt like I was in the car with them. "Get the plate yo," Seriously, these idiots affect all sport bike riders.
    Yes their wheelies were controlled, but let people pass. It looks as though they held traffic up at least 8 miles.

#20 Mike23, Jun 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2008