Danny Eslick to Ride for Erik Buell in 2012

Discussion in 'Racing' started by predator1198s, Jan 11, 2012.

1. This is absolutely fabulous news . . . love to see this guy ride (ie. back'n it in at every corner) . . . and now he will be doing it on an American bike :mfclap:

The full blog story

Go USA in 2012 ! :thefinge:

2. That is awesome! A great rider on a bike from a great creative engineer!!! I think Danny could ride for Schwinn and still bring home a title. Nice kid.

3. Wyckedan

I Ride:
    RSV4 Factory
    Can't say I'm a fan of the Buell. Eslick is an amazing rider, and if he could win on an 1125 he could win on anything.

4. canucklovingbrit

I Ride:
    2015 Yamaha FZ09
    For followers of the amazing Erik Buell Racing effort, this is truly outstanding news! Eslick is one of the most gutsy riders in AMA racing, an absolute gem to watch, no matter what he's aboard (even in the XR1200 series!) He's exactly what the EBR team needs to take it to the next level. With Danny Eslick, this team will be one to watch. Bring on the 2012 season!

5. I hope they (Buell) just walk away with the point championship so he can show the Harley BOD what a bunch of fools they were to close him down.

6. Having eslick on the bike will finally give them an idea of what it can really do. Hopefully they win a race or two but I don't think they stand a chance to win a championship against suzuki and yamaha. Having a two rider team is a step in the right direction if they can find the crew which I hear they're still looking for

7. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator
    Staff Member

All American Superbike team FTMFW!!! :mfclap::mfclap::mfclap:

8. Yup, those dirty fucks wouldn't give him a proper engine, made him use the Sporty plant in the XB. :angry7:

I suspect they will realize what they've done soon enough. Erik was their best shot at selling bikes to a younger crowd.

9. Maybe he can race it against 600's again and run people off the track too. Cant stand eslick but more bike brands on grids is always a good thing

#9 quik99, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  10. ^^^^
    Yeah, that was kind-of-joke winning against the 6hundies....it'll be nice seeing it run w/ the big boys.
    I'll be cheering the Buell Team on...and praying that the AMA gets their shit together.

Also hope to see a few more XR12 races...those were friggin' awesome.

11. Go buell............

12. As long as he beats the whiner Herrin, all is good.

13. I'm a big fan of Danny and Buell. I wish them well!

14. Yeah, that was kind of bullshit (Buellshit?) letting that 1125 run with the 600's. Granted, Eslick can ride, as evidence by him backing it up on the GSXR600, but DMG's love for Buell is kind of sick. Why can't they let the 1098R run in DSB?

15. Now they are letting him race a basically prototype bike. He is only making 100 of the 1190RS's. Yoshimura needs to follow through with their threat they made and build a limited production $50,000 GSXR based bike and clean house with that.

16. Are_Six

Are_Six Moderator
    Staff Member

That's a lot of bikes to scrap for an AMA championship. Suzuki is gonna have a hard time finding 100 people to shell out $50k for a super-gixxer. Just go get Mladdin out of retirement.

It would be cheaper and cooler to watch him do it again on a bike somewhat related to a standard gixxer.

17. I just threw that number out there, however the Buell is a run of 100 $40,000 bikes.

18. I think the new EBR is a much better looker than the old bikes, but it still doesn't have enough cylinders. It's missing one.

19. Pan Dan

I Ride:
    '62 Puch 250
    I will be glued to the SPEED channel in mid March for Daytona!
    EBR will have to strap on 20lbs or so of extra weight in order to keep things fair but that's OK. Geoff and Danny gonna go racin!!!!
    WOOOHOOO!!!