Does Idaho have a motorcycle racing organizations?

Discussion in 'Boise Region' started by beansbaxter, Mar 13, 2006.

1. beansbaxter

Forum Admin

I Ride:
    ZX-10R
    I know Washington has the WMRRA and Oregon has the OMRRA, but what does Idaho have? Just curious is all.

2. No track = no race org. I know of a handfull of guys in the Treasure Valley who are hooking up with the Utah Sport Bike Association in order to race/ride at Miller Motorsports park. I joined so I could sign up for some of their advanced rider training (ART) at the track. From what I could gather, ART's are like STAR ERC's but on a track instead of a junior high or fairground parking lot.

As far as what does Idaho have... well, in the southwest we have sugar beets, potatoes, big heards of antelope and mule deer near the twisties, a Cycle Gear, cheap tabs and STAR course fees, very relaxed rules on what you can register as a road legal vehicle (RS250's fairly easy to license), more decent sushi than Spokane and the Tri Cities combined, large breasts a plenty, really good urban fly fishing, guns, an airport that can get me to Singapore or Stockholm easier than any other outside of SFO or SEA, no salt on roads in winter, lots of Wal-Marts, marginal public schools and no community college system, 8% state income tax + 5.9% sales tax, 1 dyno, Peregrine falcons all over (the work done here got the bird off the endangered species list. On my commute home along back roads, through the desert, I often see them hunting moles/voles/whistle pigs/ferrets/gophers/Pekinese dogs/infants/etc), minor league hockey, no-nudity strip clubs, Russians, drive through convenience stores, you know - shit like that...

Later,
    Rob.

3. hozhead

Just to drag up an old thread...

We don't have a racing organization here.
    Many of use are Utah Sport Bike Association members. I don't race (yet) but also joined the UtahSBA for their Advanced Rider Training which is a fantastic (and cheap) way to get track instruction. I've enjoyed hanging with those guys whenever I head down for full track days as well.

IdahoSportbikes.com has aspirations of becoming a track day provider but for now, they just send people to Apex (www.apextrackdays.com) who happens to run a great track day.

We've also got BoiseRiders.net which is a fairly new forum/riding group that we hope will some day grow large enough to have a racing organization.

4. Chatter

Track?!? crackup:
    We're lucky to have paved roads. :roll:

But you'd think that a road course somewhere in North Idaho might draw some interest with all of the tourist traffic that we get in Coeur d' Alene..........................

Naw....I just nuts! :tard:

5. So... I actually lived in Pocatello for awhile and with all the sand they lay down in the winter (which lasts forever there) I think the roads suck.....

6. Have a ton of awesome roads around here, all nicely paved with a ton of twisties within ten minutes of my house! One perk of living near the capital!

7. Dude, don't tell 'em that! Geezus, it's bad enough getting californicated around here. Washingtonians think they have it good - let's let them keep believing.

Non-Idahoans, ignore my avian fecal matter friend. He's mistaken. We have sandy unpaved roads here, not suited for the wonderfully advanced machinery you ride. Please go back to your much bigger corner of the forum and your fancy talk about myspace and wheelies and really funny clips of fat kids lip syncing to Usher on YouTube and high falutin things like that. We will be busy for the next few months digging a community well and investigating the rumor that some folks have outhouses INSIDE their houses.

Later,
    Rob.

Perry likes this.
  8. Where did you find paved roads?? Let me know, that must be a nice stretch of at least what 10 miles?

9. Soul

I lived in blackfoot for quite a long time..Maybe hit the twisties or find country roads instead of just riding around on the main streets? I never remember blackfoot, poky, or IF dumping sand all over country roads outside the city..just the main drags..

10. maxipayne

Hi
    This is maxi,well, in the southwest we have sugar beets, potatoes, big heards of antelope and mule deer near the twisties, a Cycle Gear, cheap tabs and STAR course fees, very relaxed rules on what you can register as a road legal vehicle (RS250's fairly easy to license), more decent sushi than Spokane and the Tri Cities combined, large breasts a plenty, really good urban fly fishing, guns, an airport that can get me to Singapore or Stockholm easier than any other outside of SFO or SEA, no salt on roads in winter, lots of Wal-Marts, marginal public schools and no community college system, 8% state income tax + 5.9% sales tax, 1 dyno, Peregrine falcons all over (the work done here got the bird off the endangered species list.
    We've also got BoiseRiders.net which is a fairly new forum/riding group that we hope will some day grow large enough to have a racing organization.
    ==========================================================
    maxi

Idaho Drug Treatment

11. i'm moving to boise in a few weeks and am really suprised that there isn't more of a supermoto scene. 90% of the state rides dirt bikes and i would think that it would catch on quickly but from what i've seen there are no real go cart tracks or anything advertising supermoto. i'm going to crunch the numbers on buying some land to pave and set up a course.

how long does it take you to get to miller from boise? would you say there are alot of guy's going? i do a fair amount of trackdays and have a trailer and what not but it makes it much more fun when there are other's to go with.