does this sound fishy ?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Gotama, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Gotama

Gotama WMRRA 1st VP

I Ride:
    a lawnmower
    came across this today , so i inquired about it

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcd/3204779448.html

here was the reply , you tell me

Hey,

I have a low price for my 2007 Suzuki GSX-R (1,900 including delivery to your home address), because I want to sell the bike very quickly. My husband died 2 months ago (he had a heart attack) and this bike brings me bad memories and that's the reason that I want to sell it. I along with my daughter decided to sell the house and we moved to my sister in Nebraska. Unfortunately I can't conclude this transaction personally because my work involves a lot of travelling but I left everything prepared for the sale. If you are really interested in purchasing, please email me with your details (name and address) for the shipping.

Thanks

2. Deven

Deven Dee-von White

sounds legit. do it. now.

3. Yes, if someone else is selling it for her what does it matter when it gets sold....and it's been removed. So yeah and happy to serve you on behalf of the PNWRiders external brain assistantance program. Is there anything else we can help you with today sir?

4. Gotama

Gotama WMRRA 1st VP

I Ride:
    a lawnmower
    ^^^^^^^ gee thanks:roll:

5. You betcha super you're welcome. Have a great day.

6. I'll let you know when it gets here. Just sent payment via my agent in Seattle.

7. Sounds like that scam about having a storage rental holding a bike for sale that the seller can't be around to arrange cause of work abroad bullshit. Maybe legit but sounds contrived. It can't hurt to make contact though.

8. Gotama

Gotama WMRRA 1st VP

I Ride:
    a lawnmower
    ha didn't see that other one
    ad's are still up
    they haven't been removed

9. RedKat600

RedKat600 Vintage Screwball
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    2003 Copper SV1K
    All of those are scams....I mean use some common sense here folks. A like new bike only 5-6 years old for 2k? You should know better.

10. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Streetfighter

Been flagged. Someone beat me to it.
    I just love flagging losers.

11. Gotama

Gotama WMRRA 1st VP

I Ride:
    a lawnmower
    i don't seem to see what flagging the post dose
    ads are still up

12. Devil1

Devil1 Blingaphobe

If enough people flag they get removed automatically

13. Dude, your an Idiot (JK). You should have offered her $2000 and asked her and her daughter to give you a blowjob! Then it would have been a good deal.

Yes It's a Scam! We seriously need Chris Hansen Catching a Motorcycle Predator!

14. Gotama

Gotama WMRRA 1st VP

I Ride:
    a lawnmower
    i know its a scam :tard: this thread was more about the story in the email response :roll:

15. i have "tested waters" on a couple deals that felt wrong b4. FIRST email ask for VIN# to search legal owner/data bases. Most wont provide if its bogus.