close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dualsport central Oregon riding checking in!

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Dualsportdesertdweller, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Hi everyone, I'm Brian. I got my first bike this summer ( A clean 2003 DR200se)
    and since June have put over 2000 miles on it. I like to do 100+ mile loops out of Sisters through bend or prineville and back. Hoping to fab up some storage on my bike this winter and do the Washington Back country discovery route this upcoming summer!

2. Welcome to the joint! I plan on riding the WABDR for the first time this year myself. Are you in the know about the Cascade area OHV areas? East Fort Rock, McCubbins Gulch?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012

3. Route 3 of OBCDR goes right around Sisters and my favorite of the 2/3/4/5 loop.

4. james1300

james1300 Track School Dazed

Welcome! Glad you found us! I too plan to ride the Washington Back country discovery route as well!
    1996 DR350SE Dont forget 'Dual Sport North West' coming this summer!>>http://www.soundrider.com/dsport/rally/
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  5. Awesome stuff Brian!
    I lived in Sunriver from '96-'00 and Bend '00-'06, and certainly miss Central Oregon.
    Don't rule out any of the loops to both the North and South too. Madras has a lot to offer, as well as anything between you and Crater Lake. Of course you can always head west towards the valley too.
    Gear up and ride safe.
    L8

6. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome and check out our Adventure Time forum!

7. Welcome! I'm also kicking around a WABDR "adventure" next year when the bright orb returns to warm us. +1 on checking out Adventure Time and that other ADV site.

8. I am planning on attempting route three of the obcdr in two days once the snow melts. To add a little personal info. I am a student going to school in Corvallis. So I am only able to make it to sisters every two or three weeks. When I am there though I ride daylight to late in the evenings ! I love doing rides that leave at eleven at night and don't get back until one or two a.m. Dirtbiking after dark is one of the most exciting things you can do with pants on.

9. james1300

james1300 Track School Dazed

Let people know when your going to be back. The route your taking. The weather here is turning bad quickly. If your riding solo, I'd wait until spring.

10. Really? How far down 3 are you going?

We had to detour south of Diamond Lake due to snow, that was early July.

Riding 3 south of Sisters solo, at night? Sounds different for sure, but certainly could turn out ugly.

11. I am in the know about the area, send me a pm for weather updates or if you need riding partners, we have a good group over here and are usually out every weekend.