close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ducati, Kawasaki, Suzuki & Yamaha Report Improved SalesPublish date: Aug 9, 2010

Discussion in 'Central' started by james1300, Aug 12, 2010.

1. james1300

james1300 Track School Dazed

Ducati, Kawasaki, Suzuki & Yamaha Report Improved SalesPublish date: Aug 9, 2010

Ducati North America is proud to announce a sales increase for July in the USA, Canada and Mexico

Motorcycling season is in full swing and Ducati is delighted to report a 7.5% July sales increase over last year in all three North American countries. In the United States alone, Ducati captured a 4.75% increase over July 2009. This is a welcome result for the company in light of continued industry decline.

Ducati’s sales success can be attributed to a number of factors, most notably its strong new product lineup. Demand for the Multistrada 1200 continues to exceed supply -- with several colors and packages sold out before arrival stateside. July also marked the arrival of the new Monster 796, a formidable package of lightweight power and agility for $9,995.

Further sales strength was found via Ducati’s ‘Unleash the Red’ promotion, the most comprehensive and attractive promotion Ducati has offered to date. Until August 31st customers can choose between competitive finance rates and generous in-store credit with the purchase of specific new Ducati models.

August will mark the arrival of the recently announced new 848EVO Superbike, which brings significant performance improvements without a price increase. The ‘Unleash the Red’ promotion and continued arrivals of the new Multistrada 1200 are already ensuring that August will be a repeat of July’s strong sales performance.

Kawasaki Announces North American Sales Increase

Sales in North America for Kawasaki’s powersports segment rose 12 percent over a year ago, the company reported. Sales ending on June 30 for all of the company’s divisions totaled $695 million, up 19 percent over last year’s sales numbers.

Overall, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, the parent company of Kawasaki Motors Corp. U.S.A., reported an 8 percent increase in sales over the year-ago period.

A press release issued by Suzuki Motor Corporation:

Suzuki Improved Profit In First Fiscal Quarter of 2010

Although Suzuki Motor Corporation we faced continued severe market conditions, the Group ended the first quarter (1 April thorough 30 June) of FY 2010 with increased consolidated profits.

Consolidated net sales was ¥656.3 billion (increased by ¥79.2 billion, 113.7% y-o-y) thanks to the increased sales of automobiles in Japan and increased sales of motorcycles and automobiles in Asia despite sales decrease in North America and Europe.

As for consolidated profits, the reduced profits caused by exchange influences and the increased research and development expenses and depreciation expenses were covered by the sales increase and the reduction of costs and various expenses. As a result, the Group achieved ¥31.9 billion of operating income (up ¥25.0 billion y-o-y), ¥30.6 billion of ordinary income (up ¥18.0 billion y-o-y) and ¥15.2 billion of net income (up ¥13.1 billion y-o-y).

As for operating results of automobile segment, the Group achieved increased overall sales volume of 0. 61 million units (112.8% y-o-y) and increased sales of ¥575.9 billion (up ¥86.7 billion 117.7% y-o-y). Operating income also increased to ¥32.0 billion (up ¥25.0 billion y-o-y) thanks to the sales increase in Japan and the reduction of loss in the US business.

Regarding motorcycle segment, overall sales volume (ATV included) was 0.82 million units (115.7% y-o-y) and global sales were ¥69.8 billion (decreased by ¥11.1 billion, 86.3% y-o-y). Operating loss was reduced by ¥1.1 billion year-on-year, but was ¥1.8 billion on account to the continued sales slowdown of large motorcycles for Europe and the US.

Sales of marine and power products, etc. business increased to ¥12.7 billion (up ¥0.7 billion, 105.5% y-o-y) because sales of outboard motors increased in various areas such as North America, Asia, and Japan. Operating income also increased to ¥1.7 billion (up ¥0.4 billion, 134.1% y-o-y).

We will make further efforts for improvement in every aspect as a group and for development of business activities.

A press release issued by Yamaha Motor Company:

Yamaha’s Worldwide Sales Up

Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (the "Company") has released its consolidated business results for the six months ended June 30, 2010. Net sales increased 16.7 percent from the same period of the previous fiscal year, to 676.2 billion yen, due mainly to increased motorcycle sales in Asia (excluding Japan) and favorable sales for surface mounters and automobile engines, in line with a demand recovery. However, sales in Europe and the United States decreased, reflecting a demand decline. In terms of profits, the Company recorded operating income of 35.0 billion yen, an improvement of 68.9 billion yen; ordinary income of 43.8 billion yen, an improvement of 80.7 billion yen; and net income of 23.8 billion yen, an improvement of 98.5 billion yen. These profits were principally derived from increased motorcycle sales in Asia (excluding Japan), gains realized through profitability structure reform at businesses in developed nations, and reduced expenses.

On the foreign exchange front, the average exchange rate of the yen during the period under review appreciated by five yen from the same period of the previous fiscal year against the U.S. dollar, to 91 yen, and by six yen against the euro, to 121 yen.

Broken down by business segment, motorcycle sales rose 16.2 percent from the same period of the previous fiscal year, to 476.5 billion yen. In Asia (excluding Japan) where demand growth was robust, sales increased 50.8 percent, to 310.1 billion yen. However, sales in North America and Europe decreased, due mainly to falling demand and market stock adjustments in the United States, along with a decrease in demand from Europe.

Marine product sales increased 15.1 percent, to 95.8 billion yen, reflecting expanded wholesale shipments following the completion of market stock adjustments, coupled with the positive impact of new model releases.

Power product sales dropped 6.5 percent, to 44.4 billion yen. The decrease was attributable to a continued decline in demand for all-terrain vehicles in Europe and the United States.

Sales in the "other products" segment soared 53.8 percent, to 59.5 billion yen, driven by a significant sales increase for surface mounters in China and South Korea, and robust sales for automobile engines and electrically power assisted bicycles.

Meanwhile, operating income from the motorcycle segment improved by 28.0 billion yen from the same period of the previous fiscal year, to 26.0 billion yen. Operating income from the marine product segment grew by 14.0 billion yen, to 4.2 billion yen. Operating loss from the power product segment totaled 4.2 billion yen, an improvement of 15.9 billion yen. Operating income from the "Other products" segment increased by 11.0 billion yen, to 9.0 billion yen.

Positive factors affecting operating income include a 29.3 billion yen rise from the same period of the previous fiscal year in gross profit due to increased sales; a 9.5 billion yen growth in marginal profit resulting from expanded production volumes in Japan; a drop in selling, general and administrative expenses totaling 20.3 billion yen; a reduction in depreciation expenses of 8.6 billion yen; cost reductions in procurement operations totaling 3.8 billion yen; and a 1.4 billion yen decrease in research and development expenses, caused by budget delays. These far exceeded the effects of negative factors, including raw material price fluctuations totaling 1.9 billion yen; the impact of exchange translation amounting to 0.1 billion yen; and a 2.1 billion yen change in the product mix and related factors.

The number of consolidated subsidiaries and companies accounted for by the equity method at the end of the period was unchanged from the end of the same period of the previous fiscal year, standing at 107 and 33, respectively.

Forecast business results

With the yen expected to remain strong against other major currencies and raw material prices likely to rise, sales of motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles and other products in Europe, the United States and other developed nations are forecast to fall below the originally announced figures. On the other hand, motorcycle sales in ASEAN countries and other emerging nations are projected to increase from the original forecasts.

In light of these anticipated gains and further reductions expected in expenses, the Company has revised upward its consolidated forecast business results for the full fiscal year ending December 31, 2010. The revised forecast calls for 1,300 billion yen in net sales, an increase of 50 billion yen from the previous forecast officially announced on February 12, 2010; 45 billion yen in operating income, an increase of 35 billion yen; 55 billion yen in ordinary income, an increase of 45 billion yen; and 25 billion yen in net income, an increase of 25 billion yen.

These forecast figures are based on the assumption that the U.S. dollar will trade at 88 yen during the period (an appreciation of 6 yen from fiscal 2009), and the euro at 115 yen (an appreciation of 15 yen from fiscal 2009).

Don't Forget

International Motorcycle Show at Seattle, WA

2010 Seattle International Motorcycle Show Facts
    Where
    Qwest Field Event Center
    800 Occidental Ave.
    Seattle, WA 98134
    www.qwestfield.com

Join our email list and receive exclusive show information!
    When
    Friday, December 10
    4:00pm - 9:00pm
    Saturday, December 11
    9:30am - 8:00pm

Sunday, December 12
    9:30am - 5:00pm

*Show hours subject to change

Ticket Prices
    To be announced

Parking
    Cars: To be announced
    Motorcycles: FREE

2. Nice. Now if there was just some place around here one could go and look at all of those brands....................... (I know about Yamaha by the way)

3. skinny_punk

skinny_punk One Legged Rocket Rider

You can come over to my garage and see a few of those brands. The others come and go, but the Ducati always stays with me. :mrgreen:

4. Does your garage offer surly and/or indifferent staff? Thats the part I really miss.

5. Totally. I'll only come to your garage if you promise to either ignore me completely or jump all over me as soon as I enter the building and try and sell me something!

6. skinny_punk

skinny_punk One Legged Rocket Rider

Well, I'll need to run a credit check on both of you before I can allow you to even enter, regardless of how much cash you have in your pockets! Shitty service will cost you extra!

7. Geeee, . . . I hope I don't see THAT on my repair bill !?! :shock:

Tim has a Kawasaki :ninja: in there right now, . . . come see, . . . belongs to me.

BTW - Will you take a . . . check? crackup: