close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fallen Racer Memorial ride

Discussion in 'Track Time' started by pscook, May 29, 2012.

1. Jims08Z06

Jims08Z06 Bat Crazed

Done...AJ

2. Funds received, thanks for your generosity.

I am getting together a headcount for the ride, looks like a small group. If you know anyone that wants to participate, let them know about it. Weather is trending sunny and dry for Sunday, looks like a good day for a ride.

3. Head's up, the ride is this Sunday. If you don't show up, you aren't eligible for any prizes, especially the Darren Beatty weekend gallery prize. That dude makes me look fast, and I didn't know that was possible!

BTW, headcount is less than 20. I hope we can improve on that number before Saturday.

Hope to see you there, I am working on some last minute prizes and participation. The restaurant is on board, should be a great breakfast and really fun ride. Help save your skin (and bones) by helping the air fence!

4. This just in- At least one free trackday will be given away courtesy of Mike Sullivan race School! Just a track day, not a race class. Thanks Mike!

5. How about this- a free trackday from Optimum Performance Rider Training! June 21st only at Pacific Raceways, any level. Must be present to win, of course. Holy cow we have some cool stuff to giveaway, but we need more riders!

6. It would be nice to have moar peepol but my odds are looking good for prizes.

7. Yeah, it's a tough one- More people for donations, or less people to raise your odds? How about this- I just got a note from Mongo's- Breakfast is covered for all participants! A $20 donation gets you breakfast and a ride through Northwestern Washington, plus you get good karma points for contributing to the air fence. And a chance at winning one of two trackdays! Tell your friends, tell your enemies, heck, tell your frenemies! Let's get some bikes rolling for air fence and to remember those who are no longer with us.

8. Could you post a Google map of the route? I'm terrible with directions and I like seeing pretty pictures...Thanks :)

9. Google Maps link (hope it works!).

Then add a destination at the bottom from your place, and slide it up to the top of the list.

10. Worked perfectly, thank you

11. My ass is numb just looking at that map lol. Although thats 5 hours at the posted speed limit :devil:

(With my pace it'll actually probably take me 6)

12. Phew!
    Don't forget that last minute. And, don't forget transit time to and from Mongo's.

See you guys at 8(ish).

13. Update on breakfast-

Menu:
    Hasbrowns
    Sausage
    Bacon
    Dohnuts
    French toast
    Fresh fruit
    Scrambled eggs
    Muffins
    Coffee

14. Weather looks great! Remember you don't have to be a racer to enjoy this ride, we will be taking it easy and enjoying the view.

15. Bluuu

Bluuu Señor verde

In!

I'm kinda dumb, so bear with me. Where is the meet up spot in snohomish? Is it the start point on that map?

And wow! I'm so excited to finally ride with allister. Well ok, maybe not 'with allister', but riding with allister in my sight. Well ok ok, maybe not 'with allister in my sight', but on the same road as allister on the same day as allister. That counts right?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  16. Yep, start point on the map is Mongo's, where we will meet for breakfast at 8. We'll have the raffle during breakfast and leave at 9. Mt Erie by 1, then back to I-5 via La Conner and the Skagit Valley.

Mongos Clearview
    16510 State Route 9, SE #101
    Snohomish, WA 98296

17. :bump: Should be a great day guys! Come one come all!

18. Heading out the door in a couple of minutes, see you all there!

19. On my way I woke up late hopefully ill make it before you guys leave lol